plz help me sick of being sick | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

plz help me sick of being sick plz help me sick of being sick

Unread 12-22-2004, 06:35 PM
plz help me sick of being sick

im having so many things go wrong .... im going form one thing to another i have had 3 surgeries and 3 diff. major tests since the 16th of nov... now im having very high temp of 102 when normal temp is 96.7 and the dr is scared he has no clue in to what is making me so sick ... firday i had a colonospy done cause i have been bleeding rectaly they found a very ?able spot the path report will not be in til the 3rd....so im scared ... my belly is so big and swelled up im so sick... the dr was so upset that he called to main dr that has been seeing me (there parterns in the same office) out of surgery they ran so many test and never found anything to be ?able so they went ahead and gave me more meds.. to get my fever down ... im in need of ur prayers plz ... im so sick of being sick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2004, 06:42 PM

Chef Rose, I'm so sorry you're continuing to have problems. Does your doctor know about your high temperature? Do you need to call him? I know you said before you didn't want to go back to the ER, but maybe you need to go. Maybe someone here with some similar experience or knowledge can help you. Please keep close to your doctor and if your temperature goes higher get your doctor's input.

Please take care of yourself. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sara
Unread 12-22-2004, 08:24 PM

You're in my prayers, Sweetie!!!!

I agree with Sara about calling your doctor (or whoever is on call tonight) and/or going to the ER since you're suffering so much and your doctor doesn't know what it is yet. With that high a fever and that much pain, it seems like you need another opinion (or 2 or 3) and some more tests to figure this out.

Please let us know as soon as you know anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2004, 09:52 PM

(((chef rose))) I am so sorry you have gone through so much already, and are still not well. Has your DR considered the possibility your bowel could have been nicked during surgery, and you may have an infection? I assume the colonoscopy ruled out diverticulitis, which was the source of my awful GI troubles at a few weeks post?

We'll be thinking of you. I am hoping your DR is staying on top of this and will find the cause of the trouble.

s,
-Linda
Unread 12-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Big Ol' Hug from the North here...

Hang in there, Rose...I'd also say get ahold of the doctor's office or get to the ER...I was told if temp was 102+ I was to call in!

Nothing to mess with...

It WILL get better...prayers and thoughts your way..

Deb in Ohio

:hug"
Unread 12-23-2004, 07:07 AM

chef_rose, you are in my prayers ((hugs)) tc
Unread 12-23-2004, 07:23 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you also. So difficult to have problems post op, I know. You get the surgery and think you are gonna jump out of bed. When they say 6 - 8 weeks, they are not kidding! If you are on antibiotics, how long have you been on them? Usually you will improve in 24 48 hrs. If not, you need definite medical attention. See the Dr today or go to the ER. I have not had good experiences with the ER and just kept bothering my Dr. Some weeks, I was there 3 - 4 times a week. Must be a strong advocate for yourself. I was ignored when I had peritonitis symptoms after the endometrioma rupture. Had too many Drs for various issues and found they don't communicate well with each other. Glad I spoke up for myself! Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register