Endo ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Endo ?

I was just wondering if anyone who had a tahbso ever had endo return?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2004, 08:07 AM
Endo ?

I still have my ovaries, but decided to respond, anyway.

Endo can return after BSO, especially if you are on estrogen replacement. Endo left after your surgery can create its own estrogen and feed itself. Yes, its possible, unfortunately.

Feel free to go into some more detail about how you are feeling/what your concerns are. It might help us to point you to more information. Its natural for endo sisters to assume return of endo, but it could be other things in the area.

Lots of s
Unread 12-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Endo ?

It is possible if there are some microscopic endo cells left behind after the surgery that were not seen during surgery and if you are on HRT as it feeds and grows and cycles from estrogen.
I hope this answers your question. Others will probably respond.
Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Endo ?

hi,
i also have 1 ovary left and i think Endo has returned...
it's been 1 year and i'm in pain again! all on the right side (where the ovary is)
Good luck to you!
Unread 12-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Endo ?

I have had a TAH/BSO and have had my endo return. It is not uncommon at all. A hyst will definatly NOT cure endo. Endo makes its own estrogen, so unless you have all of it excised when you had your hyst recurrenced is very common. It will also, feed off of the estrogen in your fat cells, and any HRT you maybe taking. Again, endo does not need an estrogen source to grow as it makes it's own.
Blessings,
Carrie
Unread 12-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Endo ?

Wow, I didn't know endo made its own estrogen. I thought as long as the ovaries were removed and you didn't start hrt until you gave it a chance to die off and as long as there were no microscopic bits left behind you were safe...hmmmm...guess not.
Unread 12-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Endo ?

Yes, it is quite the ugly disease. Because it makes its own estrogen, ahyts even with BSO will not cure it.
Take care,
carrie
Unread 12-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Endo ?

I had a total hysterectomy including ovaries in 1996. In 2001, I had light bleeding and had a recurrence of endo on the vaginal cuff. I had it removed vaginally. It recurred and I had abdominal surgery in 2003 to remove it. I am on ERT.
gg
Unread 12-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Count me in...

I had my hyst (with BSO) over 4 years ago, and I'm still dealing with the Endo monster. The surgeon removed all of the 'visible' Endo at the time of the hyst., But as we know, even if a microscopic piece(s) is left behind, the Endo pain / troubles can continue.

I've only had one lap since my hyst. (with removal of Endo) and will probably have another one. My docs have wanted to put it off due to nerve damage, but we all agree that it is probably time to take another look...

S to all of my Endo Sisters...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register