Someone please read - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Someone please read Someone please read

Unread 12-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Someone please read

Dear ChrissyBeck,

I do know exactly how you feel. A one year check-up you mention? Gee, I wasn't told I needed any sort of a "check-up" after the surgery!

I too have a lot of pain in my left side STILL (below my belly button) and it appeared at 8 weeks post-op. I was told it is adhesions. Of course they cannot see these but my stomach is a mess - still on the stool softeners one year later just to be able to go to the bathroom to pass a stool. God help us!

I went to 2 other OBGYNs to try to find out what is wrong. I told them about the painful and bleeding sex. I tried having sex once and it was horrible and frightening! So, you are not alone! I went and got two more opinions after the painful sex episode and it seemed to me that being they were both men OBGYNs they seemed focused on getting me back into the sex role ASAP and RX'd 4 mg. of estrace a day. This just made me feel much worse. So, I have no sex life anymore since this surgery last year in Nov. either and no, you are not alone!

I know exactly how you feel believe me.

I'm still having breast pain after one year and I'm beginning to wonder if I have nerve damage like you are wondering also.

For awhile, I had a sharp/severe pain shooting down my left leg from the site in my left side that is said to be adhesions. One of the other doctors I went to said he thought it might be a hernia. I don't know! Have they said the word HERNIA to you? It sounds like this might be your problem being you have a "bulge" as you describe it. Hmmmm ............

I'm like you - I just want to :cry: my eyes out I'm so sick of all of this garbage we get from these doctors. Seems once the bill is paid it is bye bye and don't come back, well as least in my case. However, my financial resources are limited and what a waste of money this has all been so far - no answers, more questions, more depressed than ever and just a plain UGH!

Hang in there. Try to get another opinion if this is possible.

And most of all, remember, you are not alone and I wish you the very best!!!

SueF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Someone please read

Hope you have a happier and healthier New Year!

My best friend went through 6 ob/gyn's in about 8 years. She also had shooting pains down her leg that would double her over whenever she got her period. She has had surgery when she was 16 because her periods didn't "flow" through properly, had 2 c-sections. One of the MDs thought maybe she had a fractured hip and was talking hip replacement surgery! She finally found a dr who diagnosed large fibroids. She had a TVH. About six months later her symptoms came back and she started bleeding. She found another gyn (he ended up doing my TVH too) who said she had adhesions which had been there for years, probably since her c-sections. She had another surgery and treatment. But he warned her that it was not a 100% cure, they may grow back but that hopefully they won't be too bad. He said that when she starts menopause it should help as they won't grow.

My whole point is that doctors are NOT gods. Some are very good and some are very bad. Talk to friends, co-workers, prayer partners, etc and ask for referrals. That is how we found this gyn.
Check your insurance website too. Mine has blurbs about the doctors specialties and their cur. vitae. Never accept the "pain is in your head" crud as my friend did for years. I had to keep after her for years telling her that "this pain is NOT normal and you are NOT just being a crybaby."

Good luck to you in your search!
Unread 01-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Someone please read

chrissy ur not crazy, these heartless doctors are! i have been going through the same thing for the past few years. i have severe endo, cysts, fibroids you name it i have either had it or have it. i had my lavh 1 yr ago jan 30...(which i had to beg for, really beg) since my surgery i have still been in constant pain (i feel like i traded one pain for another, most days i feel like iam 90, it *****! i have seen several doctors which keep bouncing me around to other doctors. i have been told that since they cant "see" anything it doed not exist. i see the doc who did my lavh in the morning, to hopefully set another date for a lap. i think you and all of us should kick these heartless docs to the curb, put them out with the trash,,,there has to be someone out there that will help...i hope you are doing well happy new year

love and hugs angel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register