What Next? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-26-2004, 11:21 AM
What Next?

Keri
Hi. I had a lap done in Sept. for suspected qadhesions on my bowels. They didn't find any, but did remove my GB at that time. I was to have that surgery next. The ultra sound only showed one stone in it, but my surgeon said it needed to come out. I kept being so nauseous, right shoulder pain, pain under my right rib cage. I had lost 50 pounds in the last year. I couldn't stand to look or smell food. My GB was very inflamed and had adhesions all over it. My surgeon said it was full of sludge and was very sick. The surgery was a breeze!! I felt better afterwards, but still had the original problem I went in to the doctors for. I have finally been diagnosed with a rectocele and enterocele, which answers my questions. Too bad it wasn't found way back in Sept. Some doctors seemed to think I didn't have any problems going on, but I knew better. I kept pushing for answers. Thank God my gyn believed me and referred me to the right place to get the tests I needed.
You know your body better than anybody else, so keep on pushing for answers.
Good luck and I will be thinking about you.

Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2004, 02:43 PM
What Next?

I had that surgery done in 2002. It was a breeze. They did it laporscopically and I went home the next day.
Of course I had a great doc. hahaha
He goes to my church and he and his wife are in my sunday school class.
Great surgen
Unread 12-27-2004, 11:51 AM
What Next?

Well, had the ultrasound done this morning. OF COURSE, it showed two HUGE gallbladder stones and one small one! So, she said she would turn it in the doctor and the doctor will call me this afternoon. The us tech said they will do it laproscope and it is a breeze. I am so scared...I am sick and tired of being cut on and stuff BUT hey, at least I found the pain and now I realize that it isn't in my head at all!! I am hoping and praying they do it before the end of this year too b/c my insurance is paying everything that I have had done here recently b/c I have met my deductible and of course it start over on Jan. 1st!

If anyone has had this type of surgery can you tell me what should I expect? Is it day surgery and go home? What should I bring and what do I need for afterwards?

Thanks gals! YOUR THE BEST!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 12:01 PM
What Next?

After the hyst...this lap gallbladder thing is a breeze! I had mine done May of 2003, or course then, I thought it was bad, but then the hyst changed my thoughts on that..LOL
I went home the next morning. The most important thing is to walk, because with the lap they blow your tummy up with air to see everything and it will get trapped in there giving you the worse gas pains you have ever had, ya know the kind that go up your shoulder...arrggg
Recover is about 2 weeks, you will have some pain for a few days and then just be kind of sore, but after the 2 weeks, I went right back to work as a registered nurse, pulling on patients and on my feet all day, so it is nothing like the hyst---that is the good news!
Unread 12-27-2004, 12:03 PM
What Next?

Is it dangerous to be a laproscope surgery like this so close the when I had the hyst? Just wondering about the adhesions, if there are any?
Unread 12-27-2004, 12:06 PM
What Next?

I will tell you what my gallbladder surgeon toldme ...I asked him months later about the pain I was having (before hyst) and asked him if adhesions could be causing this...he said that he gets no where close to where they operate so it couldn't be anything from his surgery. I hope that helps, it doesn't look like it will affect that area at all. The incisions are up pretty high, one in belly button is the lowest one I have. I have 3 total. Goodl uck!
I know what you mean about the money, I also do not have to pay anything until Jan. 1st because my out of pocket has been met. It was met before this last surgeyr.
Unread 12-27-2004, 12:22 PM
What Next?

See...........we knew the pain wasn't in your head! It was in your gallbladder all the time!!! Thanks for getting back to us.

I know you don't want to go in again, but a lap will be much better and marianwrn has given you alot of good info.

I think you're right about starting over after Jan. 1 with a new deductible. If it was more hysterectomy stuff you wouldn't start over but this is a new diagnosis that had nothing to do with your hystrectomy.

You're gonna feel great in 2005.
s
Maralyn
Unread 12-27-2004, 01:34 PM
What Next?

Gallbadder op is a breeze. In and out before you know it.
Unread 12-27-2004, 02:22 PM
What Next?

I had the lap. gallbladder surgery in 1991, back when the lap surg. was new. I had tiny little pokes for incisions, three I believe. But, the pain was not a breeze, back then. It hurt to breathe deeply, but not nearly like a total abdominal hysterectomy has hurt!
I'd had some ablation surgery done on my heart the day before my gallbladder attack. I came home from the heart procedure, ate a huge dinner my DD cooked (fat content was high!). A few hrs. later, in the ER, they figured I was having heart complications from my heart surg. I couldn't breathe, the pain was paralyzing, etc. They had me in intensive care for heart problems, which it turned out I didn['t have, and they were giving me nitroglycerin for the pain. That was awful. Finally, I sneaked a Snickers from the husband, and the fat in that gave me another GB attack. I showed them that it was sore in the area of the GB, and finally, they did ultrasound of GB and saw huge stones! AHA at last. The GB was about to rupture, and very diseased. I'd never had a single symptom til then. After two days on IV antibiotics for the gallbladder inflammation, I was able to have the GB surgery. Docs don't always know what's what. We have to help them out. I'm glad I ate that Snickers in intensive care, and had the second attack, so they could figure things out!
Unread 12-27-2004, 03:01 PM
What Next?

I cant believe you ATE IN INTENSIVECARE. Wow

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register