Yet Another Sensitive Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yet Another Sensitive Question Yet Another Sensitive Question

Unread 12-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Yet Another Sensitive Question

Hi ladies,
I'm just over 10 weeks post op and I'm suddenly having a problem and am curious as to if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Sex is great and I haven't had any problems with it since being released at 5 1/2 weeks.
In the past week, just as I'm reaching an orgasm, though....I get this sharp pain in the clitoris area.
As soon as I climax, it goes away.

The only thing different for me right now is that I've had a bad head cold and a bit of coughing this week, but I fail to see how that would contribute.

Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, what was the outcome?

Happy Holidays everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2004, 10:39 AM

Hi Tab,
If I get a clitoral orgasm, it hurts like blue blazes. My doctor explained and let me see if I can relay the info. Apparently the nerves for the vaginal area run along the uterus. When they remove the uterus it can affect those nerves, with swelling, blood clots, etc. The nerve then can become hypersensitive. This is where my doctor told me we have to get the nerve used to sensation. Which means, use it, use it, and use it some more. My clitoris hurts to be touched, so my DH, much to his chagrin right now was given very specific instructions to be using that nerve, all the time, as much as possible. He is not up to snuff with his mouth right now so is not really 'in the mood' to be fixin me!! Oh my, upon reading that it sounded really bad....I did not mean that, he is not in the mood to use his fingers either!! There really is no pretty way to say it!!

I hope this helps some. Anyone can add more info, I am sure some understand this concept better than I do....Hugs to you!!
Kat
Unread 12-25-2004, 01:07 PM

OMG Kat, you kill me

Anyway Tab, I am 10 weeks postop from my last adhesion surgery and hubby and I haven't had sex yet, and probably won't for a while because of my chronic pain, but after my 2nd surgery, any orgasm would hurt, but after a while it slowed down and eventually stopped.
My DH actually tried to make it sound like he was in such horrible shape a few weeks ago because it had been so long....it has actually been since about August....do I feel sorry for him...uh no...and I told him so..he has a way to release himself, but right now I have no way to get rid of the pain that comes along with having sex. I have even thought about pleasing him in other ways, but it will not be when he really wants it, cause then he might expect it everytime he wants it.....sorry I have better things to do...LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2004, 01:44 PM

Kat...you are too funny!

I did think about the nerve thing, but would that start suddenly after several weeks with no problems?
Today, I'm even tender to the touch...almost like a bruised feeling, but located along the left side of my labia and into the clitoris.

This pain upon orgasm even occurs when I'm taking care of things myself....if you know what I mean. So, I don't think it has anything to do with being too rough.
It feels almost like a stabbing pain....very hard to describe.

I'll keep at it......to try and work out any kinks....LOL. It's just bothersome and distracting at the wrong moment!

Marian...I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Though it sounds like you're handling it well.

Thank you for your responses.
Unread 12-25-2004, 04:38 PM

Hi Tab,
Mine has only been the last while also...I am guessing it could happen at any time....Just not sure about that. Mine was fine at the beginning and seems to be worse now....I plan also on working the kinks out too. It may be a sole affair unless hubby has more eggnog today!!

Hugs to you
Kat
Unread 12-25-2004, 05:37 PM

I wonder if those particular nerves are just now "waking up"?

Hehehehe......I plan to make them so tired they fall right back to sleep.

Seriously, I imagine if it persists or gets any worse I'll have to call the doctor. Heck of a thing to have to try to explain, though.
I wonder how they examine this type of thing?
Unread 12-26-2004, 06:45 AM

You ladies are too funny!

I am only two weeks post op. When do most doctors give the go ahead on sex?? My DH is funny. He has this week off work and decided to grow a beard. He says he's not going to shave it till we can "do it" again. Let me tell you, he looks pretty scruffy in a beard. He has no gray hair at 48, but when he grows a beard it is all gray.

Sue
Unread 12-26-2004, 07:35 AM

Hi Sue,
I think for most of us it was around the 6-8 week mark. Mine was 6 weeks and he looked shocked that I had not tried out the new equiptment....

Tab, I can honestly say that the Vagifem helped a bit. No more intense pain...Might be worth a try to blush and bear it all for your doctor!! Mine told me flat out it was better to be embarrassed and get it fixed than to suffer in silence, feeling bad because another 'piece' of us is not working! Good advice if you ask me!!

Marian, you are so like me. I hate to give in also, cuz then it becomes an expected thing. Now the shoe is on the other foot here tho....And I am a princess, I think he should be listening to my Royal Commands!!

Hugs
Kat
Unread 12-26-2004, 09:15 AM

Vagifem? Isn't that for dryness? I don't have that problem (thank goodness).

I still have a bit of "achiness" there this morning, but I'll wait until next time to see if it happens again. Then I'll call the doctor.

As for sex....I was just shy of my 6 week mark when given the go-ahead. Although we did have sex two days before I was released to do so, with no problems. I don't recommend you do that, though.
Unread 12-26-2004, 09:46 AM

Hi Tab,
Vagifem is for dryness but does other stuff as well. I do not have the dryness problem and actually it is better than it was pre op! Dr threatened to do a swab to make sure I do not have an infection, I politely declined!! It makes the blood flow I think better, and seems to have killed the hypersensitivity. Now dont think I am telling you that you HAVE to use it, I just know it worked for the pain for me. My libido ***** right now and that is why I am on it. I dont somehow think that is your issue!!

Hugs and let me know what you find out!!
Kat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register