Depressing Christmas | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Depressing Christmas Depressing Christmas

Unread 12-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Depressing Christmas

I don't know if it's the surgery or what, but I'm really sad right now. Yesterday my family upset me because a certain person was there who always upsets me. No one told me. I made the effort to get dressed, make deviled eggs, and go to my mom's, but no one could call and tell me she was going to be there. Between the physical pain, crap from my family, and everything else Christmas eve was a drag.

Today I thought it would be better. No one called me. I finally called my aunt at 2:30 and talk to them for a few minutes. Then they had to go. I called my mom who told me she'd call me back after she gave my nephews (15 & 21) left over's from yesterday. She called, but was distracted. She even started talking to the dog. Then she had to hang up because my aunts were coming over.

It's freaking Christmas! I can't drive anywhere, so I'm stuck. No one is calling or visiting. I am crying and feel like a stupid spoiled child who isn't getting attention. I know I'm being dumb. It's not a big deal. Everyone is busy and everything, but I still feel sad. I really can't help it saying it: Christmas *****!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Hello from COLD Ohio Hystersister

I am sorry you are all alone. I am also spending the day alone because my sister has the flu. We were all to go to her house for dinner. Since I am the only one in the family who lives alone, I know how you feel. Hopefully we will have our holiday dinner tomorrow. My sister already has everything and wants to get together tomorrow.

Take care.
Unread 12-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Depressing Christmas

Christmas, I'm afraid, is that time of the year. Whilst some people have a wonderful time with friends and families there are many others who are alone, unhappy or don't want to see certain members of their family but have to "because its Christmas". Did you know that Christmas is apparently the 4th or 5th (can't remember which) biggest cause of stress. Coming after Death, Separation, Retirement and possibly moving house. You also had an operation on 20th so I think the odds were stacked against you? Hopefully you can have a happy New Year and a healthy 2005.

Glenys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Depressing Christmas

You are not being dumb at all. You just had surgery and in an ideal world your family would be there for you, but the reality of life is that often people get caught up in their own little things and don't think straight. I suggest you think of things to do for yourself: put your favorite music on, eat a sweet treat, take a hot shower and put on your favorite pjs and slippers. Send an email to an old friend you haven't heard from lately. Make yourself a warm cup of tea.
I wish you the best of holidays and hope tomorrow is better for you!
Kathy
Unread 12-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Depressing Christmas

Just so you know, your not alone. Christmas eve, the whole stinking day and night I was by myself with no one to talk to but the animals. Not even a phone call. Some Christmas huh.
Unread 12-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Depressing Christmas

I know exactly how you feel. Thank goodness for my DC (dearest cat) Sara. She's been glued to me ever since I came home from the hospital.

Ya know, maybe we should have a "X-mas Stinks" club. It could be fun. What do you think?
Unread 12-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Depressing Christmas

cuddlyrock
I don't know about you, but sometimes,I would much rather spend my days (even holidays) alone with my animals.
They always appreciate your love. Never talk back to you and are always there when you need them.
Unlike many humans.
Sue
Unread 12-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Depressing Christmas

Hi kindred I'm sorry to hear about your holiday was a depressing one . mine was'nt any better I had been off work for 8 weeks and had no money to buy any gifts for anyone so I didn't even go to my parents house for the family Christmas dinner and you know not one of them called to see why I did'nt come . I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers and todays date is 12-28-04 and nobody has called yet to see if I still alive . But you know I don't care because that not what Christmas is about it's about christ birth and what he has done for me . And I thank him everyday for his never ending LOVE for me and when I start thinking nobody cares about me and I just remeber who has been ther for me thru all this it sure was'nt my family
Linda
Unread 12-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Depressing Christmas

You are right Christmas is about christ and forget everyone else.
You are right about the animals too. I love my animals.Thanks susieQ.
Unread 12-31-2004, 01:05 PM
Depressing Christmas

s to kindred, cuddlyrock.....

I'm so sorry....I hope things brighten up in these next few weeks. You're right about animals....when I went through my divorce, my two weinie dogs were there for me the whole time....they always listened, never complained (unless I forgot to let them outside)....even now, they have that unconditional love, no matter how things are going. It kind of pictures the love of Christ (in a very crude analogy)...He's always there for us, no matter what, and no matter if it seems as though everyone has forgotten about us. You are not forgotten.

You have just had major surgery....that is depressing enough....plus the holidays...and you cannot do the things you probably did last year.

take care....and here's more s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register