I just realised - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just realised I just realised

Unread 12-27-2004, 04:17 AM
I just realised

I'm pleased you all got a laugh out of that I went down to surgery 2 days into my period and woke up with no spotting at all (that started 2 weeks later and has just stopped )

The only thing I nearly did last week as I knew I was 'due on' was to pick up my regular supplies and put them in the shopping trolly, my DH said 'What do you need those for?' and burst out laughing.

Hope you all had a great Christmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 10:50 AM
I just realised

I am almost 13 weeks post op and still am checking the toilet paper then snicker to myself.

I ended up giving all my extra supplies to my sister who is 4 years older - she wasn't to thrilled Oh well - she still don't call me brat for nothing!

Just this weekend I had gotten out a coat I haven't worn yet this winter and found a 'just in case' pad in the pocket and started laughing. Wonder how long is will take to find all of the 'just in case' ones I hid out there!
Unread 12-27-2004, 11:10 AM
I just realised

My aunt also came to visit the week before my surgery, even though she wasn't expected. One last Hurrah as they say.
Here's to poor old Aunt Flo, and never seeing her again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 12:39 PM
I just realised

You know...reading all of these has made me see that I wasn't the only one with a lot of the same habits. I've hid tampons in my truck (now that I think about it), that I'll have to take out and in various other places that I'm sure I'll find at some strange moment.

The only thing that I really have left will be pads that I'll have a hard time getting rid of. I think I'll take them to the school I work at since even in elementary girls are starting to get their periods. I feel so bad for them. What I have left are just panty liners so they should work really well for the girls just starting out.

I'm glad too to know that I'm not the only one going to be glad to get rid of all the cotton grannie underware that I used for "those days" and can replace them with all nice new sets that won't be ruined!
Unread 12-27-2004, 12:48 PM
I just realised

I need to add to my post because this is funny. I cleaned out my golf bag yesterday and found 15 Super Plus tampons and 8 pads, not to mention a clean pair of "accident" underwear! I laughed so hard finding all that. No wonder my bag was so heavy. In the garbage they all went and now I actually have room for golf balls!
Try to imagine what it was like to be out in the middle of a golf course with nothing but trees and squirrels around you and having an unexpected gush!! OMG, I can't begin to tell you what that was like. My poor DH used to have to drive me back to the clubhouse to start loading the cotton and sometimes we just had to quit. Thank God that nightmare is over!!!!!
Unread 12-27-2004, 02:00 PM
I just realised

I am donating all my extra large maxis and little pantiliners to my poor sister, 9 yrs. younger than I. She is following me in the same path. She will probably have a hysterectomy soon.

I too had a cardiac incident, actually two, the day after my surgery. I have arrhythmias, and boy did they act up. I had to be defibbed twice in one day, which was awful. They stop the heart with drugs IV, then the heart restarts, and you can't breathe when this happens.

When I showed up for my surgery, I had started bleeding again and had to ask for a pad. It's embarrassing thinking about them removing it when I was put to sleep. Even more embarrassing, but comforting, my prep nurse for my surgery turned out to be the wife of a guy I graduated from high school with, way back in 1968!! I'm hoping she didn't tell him how fat I've gotten.
Unread 12-27-2004, 02:16 PM
I just realised

It will be funny to discover emergency supplies that I have stashed everywhere, coat pockets, glove compartment of car, car trunk( complete with extra panties and of course black pants), every pocketbook, etc. I hadn't realized how much accomodations I made in my life to deal with all this, it was gradual and I just came to accept it as part of life but it was so not normal!
I just saw on tv that the "in" color for spring is white!!! I can actually wear white pants again!!! I'll actually be in style this year! I am so excited! I'd love to get a whole new style of clothing, like one of those tv makeovers! Maybe one of those tv shows would do a Hystersisters makeover for al of us!
Unread 12-28-2004, 05:52 AM
I just realised

Mindfulness,

That is a wonderful idea.

I was looking through my closet and realized I have no light colored pants at all! They are either dark blue, brown or black - boy - watch out mall (and anyone who gets in my way)- here I come ready for spring colors!!!
Unread 12-28-2004, 05:59 AM
Re: I just realised

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanis
I then realised that I would never see her again ... Yep, you got it, Aunt Flo
::laughs::
hehehe However Aunt Flo still visits me regular as clockwork!
In fact she is due any day now!
Unread 12-28-2004, 06:03 AM
I just realised

Quote:
Originally posted by peanut03 In the garbage they all went
You should have "donated" them

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register