2 Week Anniversary yeahh! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Week Anniversary yeahh! 2 Week Anniversary yeahh!

Unread 12-27-2004, 04:26 PM
2 Week Anniversary yeahh!

You know I was going to start a thread to ask about this, but since it was brought up here, I'll put in my two cents. I have been having the bladder pain as well. It's odd, because now instead of getting the normal "I've gotta pee" feeling, I get a pain. Then it doesn't hurt at the beginning, but when I'm almost done emptying my bladder it hurts, and I mean hurts bad. I didn't think much of it, until I realized that it's been almost two weeks. I don't know if I should still be hurting like that. I mean, I don't ever feel like I have to pee at all, it's just this uncomfortable pain I get, and after a few times I realized that it came when I had to pee. So, at least now I know what it is. But, is it normal????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 04:36 PM

I had my TAH on Dec 14th, my DR said the vag cuff heals around day 14 so to expect a slight odor and maybe even a small amount of bleeding, which is normal.

My understanding on driving is that the concern more is if you are on prescribed pain meds, but also if you get in an accident with a fresh incision.

I am surviving pain with Tylenol and Motrin, some days are fine, others I am exhausted and feel like I got ran over by a mac truck!

I have the "swelly belly" big time, but it's more pronounced if I did a lot that day, so I am learning I need to relax as much as possible!

Overall I am doing great, have my follow up exam at the end of 6 wks
Unread 12-27-2004, 05:58 PM

I'm 32 and had a TVH/BSO on December 17 and can relate to the gas pain etc....as I was sick as a dog with it. HORRIBLE! Of course they wouldn't let me leave the hospital without passing at least one honk...so a glass of hot prune juice, metamucil, milk of magnesia, hot tea, and finally an enema later...on day 3 I was allowed to leave. WHAT WORK! I find since I stayed in bed...I feel great, then of course think I'm on top of the world and then I pay for it later by having to stay in bed for a solid day popping pain meds. Of course, I have to be stingy b/c my doctor's nurse wouldn't let me talk to the doctor before christmas so I could get some. She told me to save up when I know I'll be doing something. That really didn't impress me but I survived! Now I feel great as far as hormones but have the generic Climara patches which DO NOT work and I've gone through 3 in 4 days as they don't stick. I have my post op appointment on Thursday so am using med tape to stretch what i have in patches left as I think my hormones do need some tweaking. I watched a touching show and sobbed ridiculously the other night....and if thought it was ridiculous so I know that needs to be fixed.

What I'm wondering though...are any of you experiencing an odor with your bleeding? Mine is just gross. Never have had that before!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 06:13 PM

** Klee* see beat ya to the punch lol you know you can ALWAYS talk with us here anytime . I didn't see a updated thread for us so I started this one and plus you know we still have our other thread too.

Your pain is NOT normal it sounds like you have a UTI and you should call your Dr ASAP. I just got from the Dr's and she said my symptoms are normal and that there is some iritation to my bladder from my surgery. You all know that my surgery was very extensive with my adhesions attached everywhere including my bladder. So get checked out ASAP!

** runningkacie ** I use Climara but what worked for me was I shaved the hair off my tummy( I have my patch by my belly button) and make sure that you don't have any oils, lotions or powders on the site where you will put your patch on. I hope that helps I was showing off my patch today at the Dr's office lol they were "oohing and Awwwing" lol

Now as far as the smell goes I haven't had a cycle except 3 days post-op so call your Dr and see what he says about the odor.

**levettegrl** Yeahh yo sound like you are doing WONDERFUL! Keep up the great work. Girlll I have the swelly belly to but it's going down so im excited about that! The Dr said my tummy looked great! My Gf's name is Lvette too
Unread 12-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Two Weeks Yeah!!!!!

Im so glad that everyone is okay! Well, better than before! My surgery was Dec 14th TAH/BSo. Ive been feeling pretty good, but sore, sore, sore! If i do too much, my body lets me know right now!
I have swelly belly too...I sure hope that eventually they go away! But, Im not complaining. Didnt think about the dr checking you vaginally, but I guess they would have too! Im sure glad everybody is having a great recovery, and for you that arent, hang in there, it does get better! Im sure we will all be better than we was before!
Im looking forward to a New Year, and a New Me! Thanks for all the support and for all my New Friends from this site! It helps so much to know that we all are going through this together!
Unread 12-27-2004, 06:35 PM

** gypsy44357 ** Isn't this an awesome place to be? Yes I have done my share of griping lol but I spend more time here then with my kids lol. I'm sore too but I am learning to take my mortin whihc has the benefits of pain and helps reduce inflamation. I'm glad you are with our thread too, there are alot of AWESOME AWESOME women here. They are so inspirational, open, funny, honest and most of all loving. Without the help here I would be so very lost. I'm glad you are here with us too
Unread 12-27-2004, 06:48 PM

Ok this is what happened at my Dr visit. My actually Dr is on vacation so I saw one of her collegues. MY pain and oozing from my tummy was... OK it was normal she rinsed out my tummy with peroxide and she said it's healing great! She explained to me that the keaking was very normal because it was in my belly button and since that's a moist area and I had 2 stitches there that was to be expected. I do have some fluid on my incison site which is...Normal and my bladder pain is also.....NORMAL lol my aches and soreness will go away in a week and I have the green light to remove my steri-strips.

MY NO'S- NO baths go I can take one in 2 weeks,

NO outercourse for me maybe in a week

NO heavy lifting,

NO sticking stuff in my belly button lol (I hate when it leaks)

So all in all I'M NORMAL I may not feel like it at times but I am lol. So I am healing well, she didn't give me sleeping pills for fear of addiction but said I could take some benedryl which is NOT habit forming so that's my follow up visit
Unread 12-27-2004, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by klee1816
You know I was going to start a thread to ask about this, but since it was brought up here, I'll put in my two cents. I have been having the bladder pain as well. It's odd, because now instead of getting the normal "I've gotta pee" feeling, I get a pain. Then it doesn't hurt at the beginning, but when I'm almost done emptying my bladder it hurts, and I mean hurts bad. I didn't think much of it, until I realized that it's been almost two weeks. I don't know if I should still be hurting like that. I mean, I don't ever feel like I have to pee at all, it's just this uncomfortable pain I get, and after a few times I realized that it came when I had to pee. So, at least now I know what it is. But, is it normal????
Its for reasons such as this post that we ask that members start a new thread for each issue, not addressing each other as if its a conversation....because a thread can become an exclusive club instead of providing a wide welcome to all members......and questions get lost and don't get the benefit of support by *all* members....

and because this is a question that would be better supported and answered by many members, not just a few who happened to have surgery on the same date.

Its the reason why hystersisters exists.....as a place of arms wide open for *all* members.....because support comes from women who have walked before us.....

And so, I'm asking that private conversations go to PM (private messages) or email....and please post your questions on individual new threads for the benefit of all the members.

If a thread gets to be a personal, ongoing conversation, we''ll move it to Friends Without Faces forum in keeping with the website guidelines.

Thanks for your expected help in this!

Hugs to each of you!
Unread 12-27-2004, 07:58 PM

Hi all,

I had my Tah on Dec 15 and am feeling much better this week. Still have some gas pains, still have some bladder pain and yes, I agree with some of you about this bladder thing - our bladders went through some trauma during our surgeries so it probably is natural that it would take awhile before it feels normal again. I am a little wimpy about the incision and have a small bandage loosely covering it just for protection. I still have some of the steri strips on it - my stitches are the dissolvable ones.

I have found the hardest thing post-op is to start feeling better but know at the same time that you are limited in what you can do physically. I tried sweeping some snow off of my front step this morning and realized that I was totally unable to do it at all (I am used to shoveling out a large driveway and cleaning most of my neighbors steps as some of them are elderly). So this is a bummer but I guess I just have to be patient and hope that I will eventually be strong again....

All in all, I am pretty happy to be 2 weeks post-op. I think I will really be ecstatic when I am 2 months post-op and feeling even better! Good luck everyone
Unread 12-27-2004, 08:21 PM

I'm new here. I will be two weeks post-op on Friday. I had a TVH. The worst part for me has really been the cramping. It seems like even the most basic things send me into fits of throbbing, cramping pain and I am again a slave to the bed for 2-3 days. I am no longer taking the pain meds (that never really worked on anything but putting me to sleep), but I am still taking at least on 800 mg of ibuprofen (some days two).

I had an appendectomy about a month ago and everyone thinks that I should just be up and going strong b/c I was after that surgery. No one seems to understand the recovery period on this is a lot longer and that is also been hard to handle.

The lack of understanding seems to turn on the waterworks, but that is happening less and less (thank goodness).

I also have the swelly belly. I am not so sure I want that hanging around for very long. Looking forward to getting rid of that. And I am FINALLY becoming "regular" again.

How long does the spotting and smelly d/c last for those that may have experienced this? Just curious.

My post-op appt. isn't until Jan. 7th. Still don't really know what my dr. found (other than the obvious) b/c he was not my d/c dr.

I'll be quiet now. Thank you for letting me "talk".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register