2 Week Anniversary yeahh! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Week Anniversary yeahh! 2 Week Anniversary yeahh!

Unread 12-27-2004, 10:40 PM
2 Week Anniversary yeahh!

Hi -

I had TAH on 12/13/04. I asked my Dr. about the bladder pain when I went in on 12/23 to have my staples removed. He said that sometimes when the bladder is moved a bit during surgery it can result in pain at the end of "voiding" (I assume he meant "empyting") the bladder. What I didn't think to ask after that was how long it would last. I'm going to call his office tomorrow and find out how long I'll have to deal with this. It is almost (not completely) unbearable!

--Renate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by renatemoorman
Hi -

I had TAH on 12/13/04. I asked my Dr. about the bladder pain when I went in on 12/23 to have my staples removed. He said that sometimes when the bladder is moved a bit during surgery it can result in pain at the end of "voiding" (I assume he meant "empyting") the bladder. What I didn't think to ask after that was how long it would last. I'm going to call his office tomorrow and find out how long I'll have to deal with this. It is almost (not completely) unbearable!

--Renate
oh no!!! That is not right...no pain should be unbearable or even close to it.... please see your doctor soon! I hope you get some relief soon.

:HUG:
Unread 12-27-2004, 10:42 PM

That's normal that's what the Dr told me today so it's ok. She also told me too that I probably have some scar tissue on my bladder. I had adhesions on my bladder from my uterus being attached to it. Check with him just incase but the Dr told me that it was fine and will get better in time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2004, 01:08 PM

I am 2 wks tomorrow for my surgery and I feel good. I havent done stairs yet, but plan to tomorrow as I am allowed to drive. I need to get out of this house for a while. I had severe gas pains, to the point of tears, the first week after surgery, but discovered it was mostly due to the pain meds I was on. Once I stopped those I slowly returned to normal. My appetite is as strong as ever unfortunately lol. My post op appointment isnt until 1/5 because my Dr is on vacation this week.
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:32 PM

Two weeks today!!!!! I'm doing good, drove some yesterday and today. It was a mess yesterday, I got to the grocery store and broke out in a sweat and got dizzy and sick to my stomach. I had to sit in the parking lot for about half an hour before I could drive again. Today, I didn't go as far, or do as much, so I did much better.

I stopped taking my pain meds Monday, took only ibuprofen and excodren for a constant headache yesterday, then some ibuprofen today when I finished my driving excursion because it had caused me to cramp some.

I wish the discharge would go away!!!!! It's driving me nuts. I'm one of those people who is petrified of smelling, and knowing that discharge is there makes me feel so dirty all the time. Hopefully it will pass soon enough.

You all take care!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:59 PM
2 weeks post op

I am 2 weeks post op and feeling wonderful... did have some back pain for a couple of days... otherwise I am doing fine,,, back to work today... had LSH with both ovaries taken due to fibroids and endo.... taking natural estrogen along with some progersterone cream.... feel better than I have in years... I lost 10 lbs within these last 2 weeks appetite is now coming back. have started back walking but very slowly....
Unread 12-29-2004, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by klee1816
I wish the discharge would go away!!!!! It's driving me nuts. I'm one of those people who is petrified of smelling, and knowing that discharge is there makes me feel so dirty all the time. Hopefully it will pass soon enough.

You all take care!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my biggest thing at the moment, too. I wake up bright and early in the morning and jump in the shower b/c I just feel so gross and then I feel gross about early evening, too. I'm sick of this stuff, but pray the end is near.

I haven't braved the car, yet, because I was a passenger on Sunday and came home feeling HORRIBLE (I know now it was from constanly slamming on my invisible break b/c dh is not the greatest driver in the world).

Oh well, I keep telling myself, it's only been two weeks (well almost), but still, I'm so over this and ready to feel somewhat normal again.
Unread 12-29-2004, 05:59 PM

hi ladies i am a 15th dec gal too and like you still pretty sore and very bruised, low in energy, still having gas pain tho not so bad last 2 days ( been taking an anti-spasmodic for irritable bowel symptoms that i got over the counter at pharmacy - seems to be helping) but being very very kind to myself and taking it very easy. I do worry that some of you are pusing yoursleves too hard - please believe me - a bit more rest now will mean a quicker more thorough overall recovery - stop trying to be superwomen THIS IS MAJOR SURGERY COUNTRY!!!! we are so so bad at taking care of ourselves - and you must!
i am really susprised too that some ladies are driving! Here ( UK) most insurance companies regard you as being unfit to drivfe and therefore not covered for 6 weeks after a hysterectomy or similar.......have you rung your insurance company to check if you are covered!!!!!
Unread 12-29-2004, 06:41 PM

Two weeks tomorrow, and my friends were all right. I can't stay down, and I'm paying the price EVERY NIGHT I have achy-belly. I'm swollen around my middle, but my tummy area HURTS from everything shifting around.

My docs and med professional friends tell me to rest, but I am so sick of being in bed and sitting, I could scream!!! Maybe it will be easier when DD and DS go back to school Monday. My post-op isn't until the 19th!!!

Wish me luck resting!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register