3 Weeks in recovery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Weeks in recovery 3 Weeks in recovery

Unread 12-27-2004, 07:13 PM
3 Weeks in recovery

I had TAH 12/6/04, thought I would be feeling better, seems like I felt better last week then I do now, is anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 07:25 PM
3 Weeks in recovery

Hi there

I can remember feeling exactly the same as you at 3 weeks. For some reason a lot of ladies hit a 'wall' at 3 weeks. It doesn't last long and by the time you're in the fourth and fifth week I bet you'll be coming along just nicely. Take care.

Unread 12-27-2004, 07:37 PM
3 Weeks in recovery

Yep, hit that wall too! First and second weeks were "painful hunched over weeks". Third week was a "tired" week. I am at almost five weeks and feeling more energy kicking in! Getting around ALOT more easier and feeling willing and able to do things more!

It does get better...it's just SLOW!

Hang in there!

Hugs,
Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 09:51 PM
3 Weeks in recovery

I had a TAH on 12/8/04 and I am having the same problem!! This week has sucked. I am very emotional, tired, grumpy and have the worst leg cramps that I have ever had! I hope that this period ends quickly. I thought the whole reason in having the TAH was to feel better and so far that hasn't happened. Tomorrow is another day and I will try to be more positive.
Unread 12-28-2004, 05:12 PM
3 Weeks in recovery

I am close to the 3 week mark; had my TAH/BSO on 12/9/04. I am exhausted this week. I did a few dishes today and took a shower and you would have thought I ran a relay race. Glad I am keeping with the normal trend. Debbie
Unread 12-29-2004, 07:49 PM
3 Weeks in recovery

I am 3 weeks today, it hurts so bad on the right side of my tummy I could cry well I have cried just touching it hurts it felt better last week. I called the doctor and he was NOT the sweetest he asked me if I was shovling snow and I told him NO and that I was taking it eazy he then told me if it still hurt on Monday to call and make a apt. I figer if it still hurts this bad MOnday I am going to another doctor or the emg room. any how that is how I am feeling at 3 weeks
Patty
Unread 12-30-2004, 10:54 AM
3 Weeks in recovery

3 weeks oday and I feel like a truck hit me. Maybe part of it is the reality set in...no more pain pills and I think I should be better. DH is taking me in the camper for 2 days even though I dont want to go. He says a change in scenery will cheer me up. He says I can lay there and watch movies and read and he will take care of me. Hope it works. Debbie
Unread 12-30-2004, 11:00 AM
3 Weeks in recovery

Recovery from any type of major surgery never follows a steady uphill line of feeling better.....will always have peaks and valleys. Ironically, a "bad" week can immediately follow a great one, simply because we can sometimes overdo during that great time............if not overdoing, we can be at least tempted to push ourselves a little more! As a result, our bodies require some needed downtime, being so early in the recovery process.

So, just let your bod tell you what it needs, and you'll be feeling much better after the recharge! Take care.......
Unread 12-30-2004, 11:16 AM
3 Weeks in recovery

I also had TAH on 12/06 and had no idea why this week I was feeling worse. I worried that I overdid it on Christmas (2 young daughters and Santa HAD to come) but now I'm seeing that this isn't so abnormal. I have a hematoma and the pain there seems to be worse than before and the last 4 days its all I can do to get out of bed at all. To add insult to injury yesterday my doc told me that he would suggest radiation as a precaution...I don't want to go into menopause at 32!!!
Unread 12-30-2004, 11:22 AM
3 Weeks in recovery

hang in there Missie. My problems seem litle compared to yours. I am 51 so ready for menopause but there is still some grieving there. Take care, we will all make it to brighter days. Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register