House cleaner canceled and I cried!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

House cleaner canceled and I cried!!! House cleaner canceled and I cried!!!

Unread 12-28-2004, 12:28 PM
House cleaner canceled and I cried!!!

I had someone scheduled to clean today and she called me to say she was sick. I re-scheduled for Friday. After I hung up, I got mad and cried because I needed my bed changed and everything was getting dirtier...so I called a cleaning service and begged if they could come out today. I've got two women out here working their buns off, worth every extra penny I'm going to spend (my other cleaner was very cheap). I'm just going to now have to call back the first cleaner and tell her I already had it done.

Would it be wrong to say some "friends" came over and took care of what I needed so I'll call her another time?

Anyone else get their house cleaned after surgery? I can't normally afford it, but felt I "HAD" to this time.

Virginia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2004, 01:09 PM

Tell her the truth. You needed it done today and couldn't wait until Friday, but that next time you will use her.
I normally don't get mine done either, but my dh scheduled two cleanings by Merry Maids during my recovery.
He did the sheets every couple of days during my first week home, now just on weekends.
Unread 12-28-2004, 01:42 PM

If she runs her own business, she will understand because she is a business woman. She couldnt help that she was sick and you couldnt help that you needed a cleaner that day. I wouldn't worry about it.

take care and I hope your recovery goes well. don't let the dirt get to you too much....you don't want to make the mistake and overdo it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2004, 02:25 PM

Man, I would have LOVED to have a cleaning lady come in. Although my hubby and kids are doing a good job pitching in...you can't beat a "professional" who gets into all the corners!

The way I see it, you could handle this two ways...

You could tell your regular cleaning lady the truth and say that the cleaning desperately needed to be done and that you called a backup just for this week.

Or you could tell your regular cleaning lady when you call her to just skip this week due to her illness and come prepared to clean next week?

Hope you are healing well!

Hugs,
Sarah
Unread 12-28-2004, 02:58 PM

i have my cleaning lady coming every week and it is a great luxury that i can't do without right now. i think the best thing i hear here is pamper the princess; that means cut the guilt....it gets in the way of the healing.

Unread 12-28-2004, 03:04 PM

i do not have a houskeeper. but i do know some one who cleans houses by herself for a living. and i am not saying all cleaners do this but she re-arrainges people when she feels like it and makes up some excuse of why she can't be there

jane321
Unread 12-28-2004, 04:04 PM

Hi there,

I have had a cleaner since my first week home from surgery ( I am five weeks now).

The hospital referred me to a local Post Op Acute Care service and I was provided 4 x 1 1/2 hr visits. I did not have to pay for this. She came and did my dusting, mopping, vacuuming, toilet and bathroom. But its over now :-(..... and its back to being up to me and my teenagers.
Unread 12-28-2004, 05:11 PM

i think I would have passed out if I was able to have someone come clean!! That would have been great, but no...I cleaned really good before hand and then the rest was up to DH when he was home...the vaccumming my DD did and the dishes are my DS chores anyway. The rest, to heck with it is what I say, can't kill ya..but my mom last year came the week before Christmas and cleaned up for me incase people came by
Unread 12-28-2004, 05:27 PM

Thanks for all your replies...
The two women who came worked for about 3 hours and really deep cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. They cleaned my little bedroom downstairs where I'm sleeping and also did the living room. (I have a msall house, under 1200 s.f. and they only did the downstairs) I think it was the fact that I needed my bed sheets changed that set me off crying
Plus, I'm home alone, except for friends who might come by and visit during the day, so I couldn't ask DH to help me either. Having my house cleaned is a true luxury, I haven't had it done in at least a year, but the woman I had scheduled is a friend of my mom's and I've actually gotten her some business. She just does a few people for cash money. I think I'm just going call her later this week and let her know I'm good for now and I'll call her if I need her again.

Thanks for your repsonses!
Virginia
Unread 12-28-2004, 05:40 PM

DH and I agreed that we should hire the house cleaned during my recovery and it has been a godsend. While he's been great help, he just doesn't see dirt.

Earlier today we were talking about continuing it even after I'm better. It would give us much more spare time to spend doing other things that now seem more important.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register