hystersisters at the docs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hystersisters at the docs hystersisters at the docs

Unread 12-28-2004, 07:15 PM
hystersisters at the docs

Every doc I go to I give this web too. Well, tonight my docs office was sooo excited to get this info. I couldnt believe how happy they were.
I, so far have not had anything other than excitement about getting info about this site. It so cool.
Make sure you all pass it on to your docs office and watch their faces glow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2004, 12:07 AM

There are flyers you can print to share with your doctor:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view.php?s=&pg=flyer
Unread 12-29-2004, 07:58 AM

I have my post op appointment today (2 1/2 wks) and plan on sharing this with my DR as well. It has been soooo nice to get questions answered without calling the DR office every other day!

Happy New Year, sisters!

Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2004, 08:15 AM

I found out about this site from an old friend I used to work with. We kept in touch off and on over the years. This one particular time, I e-mailed her to say hi. She mentioned what she had been through and was surprised that I was going through the same thing. She mentioned this site to me and how much she loved it. After my surgery, I came in to visit. I can honestly say that had I not, my recovery wouldn't have been as positive as it's been. Thank goodness for the support, suggestions, opinions, stories and laughter it's given me.

I have since given another friend this website to check out. She is in the pre-op stage and will definitely benefit by coming in here. I intend on telling my doc about it this Thursday when I see her. I think with all the post op instructions they give you after your surgery.....this should be on their list of "to do's"! Thank you "Hystersisters"!!
Unread 12-29-2004, 10:37 AM

I wish I had a printer that worked so I could. We have 2 stupid printers and neither work. So, I just write down quite a bit of info and tell them about it.
I didnt think to tell them they could print out the flyers.
Unread 12-29-2004, 10:40 AM

The day I found this website, I tooka flyer to my docs office and he was so happy about it...everytime I went I see that he had more copies made and he said they were going out like flies..lol
I even took one to a community bulliten board and posted it.
Unread 12-29-2004, 11:35 AM

My doc rolled his eyes when I mentioned the site. I don't think he particularly liked my informed pro-op questions either! Probably a sign of not a very good doc, which has certainly been the case for me.

Margot
Unread 12-29-2004, 11:56 AM

I believe it. He sounds like one of those who dont care about the patiient as long as he can find a way to get the money.
Thats just my opinion.
Unread 12-29-2004, 04:41 PM

Hello All!

Just had to reply - my former doctor (yes, I fired him) had a fit when I mentioned this site to him .. asked me the excact name of the site so "I can check out all the garbage on the internet". I told him it was a woman to woman support site - not garbage. He then told me that his wife had a hysterectomy and SHE didn't need any support....I told him that was because he was probably not her doctor!
P.S. I absolutely adore my new doctor!
HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!
Unread 12-29-2004, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by huntingandmoon
He then told me that his wife had a hysterectomy and SHE didn't need any support....I told him that was because he was probably not her doctor!
P.S. I absolutely adore my new doctor!
HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!
OMG, I would have loved to b een there to see his face when you said that...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register