Hurting again!! I can't take this anymore.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hurting again!! I can't take this anymore.. Hurting again!! I can't take this anymore..

Unread 12-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Hurting again!! I can't take this anymore..

Does this ever end??? I had my hyst 9/2003, another surgery 10/2003 and yet another one 8/2004. In August my bowel was stuck to my bladder and intestine and he was only going in to take out my remaining ovary which had a small cyst on it. Well, needless to say, he did not take out the ovary and have been in pain for the last 2 months. I was doing pretty good & even went back to the gym. But now I manage just to get up in the morning to get my son off to school and get to work. By the time I get home I am in sooo much pain that all I can do is take a pain pill and lay down with the heating pad. Good thing that my son is with his dad this week cause I wouldn't be able to do anything with him. It took everything I had to take him and a friend to the movies on Sunday. I am sooo sick of this, 4 surgeries in 19 months. Who knows, I might be having #5! I am sitting at work right now with constant pain the the front and my back & started diarreah(sp?) at 3am. What gives???? Sorry that I'm venting. I hope everyone had a wonderfull holiday and hopefully the new year will bring all of us renewed health!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2004, 10:38 AM

i am so sorry that you are going through this right now. I understand all too well about having a lot of surgery and still ending up in pain. I will strongly suggest that you call your GYN and get seen immediately to get some relief and to see what could be going on. Could be adhesions again and maybe to finally get that ovary removed. But I wouldn't hesitate to call the office and demand to be seen today or at the latest tomorrow, you should not have to be suffereing like this. i would also suggest maybe taking the day off tomorrow to get some much needed rest.
Please let me know what the doc said.
Unread 12-29-2004, 11:55 AM

when my dr and I discussed the hysterectomy, he highly recommended that I DONT keep any ovaries (i'm 30) because he said the only way to relieve the endo is to starve it out once its all around the bladder and bowels and all and they just can't get it cut out. No ovaries, AND no HRT until the problem is resolved.

When I went in for my surgery, I had been on antibiotics solid for over a MONTH because the second I got off of them, I'd get another kidney infection. The endo had made it impossible for me to empty my bladder fully and I was constantly infected.

I'm only 3 weeks out from my surgery, but after the year of HORROR I was in with the bad endo, I can't begin to tell you how much better I feel. Yes... ONE year of horror, then dr was ready to recommend the hyster. I'm extremely sensitive to hormones and nothing was working to contain the endo.

SO... what I'm saying.... I'd look for a new dr! It doesn't sound like this guy your seeing is taking your pain very seriously! I would guess that you ARE getting ready to have another surgery, but, hopefully, once they get rid of ALL of what's causing you the problems, you won't have to deal with it anymore. I hadn't realized just how much the endo was ruining my life until it was gone!

Good luck! I hope you find a solution to your problems!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2004, 01:46 PM

I understand your frustration and agony. I had my LAVH in February, 2002. I had 3 more surgeries this year (March, abdominal tumor, June - 2 surgeries, ovary & adhesion removal and to a repair torn tendon in my leg). I am now looking at more surgery to remove additional adhesions and have some barriers put in. 2004 has been a trying year for me - and it does not appear that 2005 is going to be off to a good start.

Please call your doctor and tell them how you are feeling.

You're in my .

s
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:08 PM

I too am so sorry for all you've gone through.

I had problems, but have been doing pretty good the past year.

I too recommend going back to doctor and find out all of your
options to end this once a for all.

My prayers are for you.

Patti
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:25 PM

(((Donna)))
I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I know how exhausting and troubling it can be to go thru so much and than have the pain continue. I've had five additional surgeries since my hyst and the pain and problems still persist. Please give your doctor a call. I am currently in pain mgmt and doing acupuncture treatments, while I'm not 100%, it has helped some. If I hadn't of persisted in getting help, I don't think I would be sitting here typing this to you. At this point, I don't think that more surgery would help me, there comes a point when we have to realize that surgery isn't always the answer.
Unread 01-05-2005, 11:55 PM

I am having the same kind of pain. Could someone please tell me what are the symptoms of adhesions? Had a TVH on 3-5-2003, he removed the cervix and the uterus only. And on 10-1-04 had a BSO.
Please someone tell me what the symptoms are for adhesions because the cramping in my pelvic region and in my thighs is getting awful.

Kathy34
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:08 AM

Donna:

Hold the phone ... are you saying that you and your doctor agreed before the surgery that the remaining ovary was definitely to be removed and he left it anyway? If that is true and he didn't have a darn good reason for leaving it, I'd find another doctor. I'd be outraged.

If it was a wait and see how it looks, and he clearly explained to you before hand what the decision basis would be and he followed that plan, then that in my opinion is different and much more forgivable.

Still, a 2nd opinion might give you some additional information and reassurrance if you are wanting that. Not suggesting that you totally leave if you and your doc normally work well together, just that you get another brain on the job.

I sure hope your pain is resolved soon. Vent here all you like ...that's why we are here. To listen and offer hugs and support.

Here's the
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:28 AM
endosuffer

I am so sorry you are going through this! Unfortantly that is why most of us are still on the Road!
I went through the same thing still am going through all kinds of stuff!
I had my TAH in dec of 2000 and at that time my GYN would not remove my ovaries either! Which he should have about 10 months after that surgery i was in so much pain it was not funny, well my Gyn order a ultrasound and it showed that I had an endometrioma cyst...On Oct17,2001 I a scope done to get rid of the cyst.....well he got in there and I was so loaded with adhesions he, never got to the cyst and left it there , fill me with saline close me up and said sorry but i can not help you!
So i proceeded to find yet another doctor! I did and in april of 2002 he romved both overies where he found my intines stuck to my abdominal wall I was full of adhesions so he did what he could!
In Sept. 9 2003 after long bouts of pain and unable to eat solids, i found a trauma surgeon to go in and once again clean up those adhesions welll it was done by scope and he even put Seprafilm in there .......48 hours later the pain was horrendous and i had a bowel preforation back to emergency surgery, the cut my from above my belly button down to my pelvic bone
Needless to say it is 14 months later i am back to pain not eat partial obstructions and the list goes on!
I have the same question does it ever end????
I am no doctor but it sounds to me as if you suffer from adhesions, and the more surgery the worse it gets, it comes back with a vengence!
I do know sweetie how you feel and it is very frustrating!
I too am in Pain management yes it helps...but because my bowels are shutting down i think i will be needing surgery real soon again ! But I will not be having it in the USA, because we have nothing to treat adhesions with!
god bless and many hugs to you
Love Colette
Unread 01-06-2005, 09:05 AM

Collette:

You are brave. I don't even want to go 2 hours out of town for surgery, much less to another country! But, I guess we all do what we must to heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register