How are DH's handling "no sex"??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are DH's handling "no sex"??? How are DH's handling "no sex"???

Unread 12-28-2004, 10:26 AM
How are DH's handling "no sex"???

Just wandering how my sisters are dealing with their DH's and NO SEX?? Is he pouting, fretting, in a bad mood?? Of course, I know there are things to do to "help him out" - and I do...but I'm so darn tired and just dont "feel like it!!"... and I'll tell you- it's getting old hearing him complain and feel sorry for himself! Anybody know where I'm coming from??.. Any thoughts???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2004, 10:38 AM

I did not experience any pressure for sex after the hyst and in fact had to talk hubby into it after I was cleared. No kidding. Sorta made me feel a bit undesired. Wondering if he was a little TOO attached to the Victoria's Secret catalog which I kindly left on his dresser. Those puppies got ditched after I was cleared!

So, the good part is that hubby desires you/hasn't lost interest.

Rest assured dear, he can take matters into his own hands. Perhaps leave him a Victoria's Secret catalog [or something similar] in his bathroom or on his dresser. Let him know [perhaps discreetly] that its OK with you if he indulges in a little selfish activity. Your feelings will not be hurt.

Happy healing !
Unread 12-28-2004, 10:40 AM

My DH did great with the no sex for six weeks rule. Of course he was very undersatnding cause he knew this was part of my recovery. However, when my doctor gave us the green light at six weeks, he was more than ready, where as I could have waited a few more weeks. I was just scared to try things out though. Things were uncomfortable at first, but are great now!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2004, 11:21 AM

My husband has been kind of used to it, I was in so much pain for 6 years, sometimes our intimacy had to take a back seat, he has tried to keep himself busy in the evenings since we have 4 weeks to go before I am cleared. I even tried to "pleasure" him and he said no, because he wanted BOTH of us to enjoy it.....WHAT A GUY. He has been great, but I REALLY look forward to being intamate again. Can't wait.
Unread 12-28-2004, 11:21 AM

I have a man with a low sex drive so he is happy as larry to just wait.
Whenever I want a bit I have to jump him, so until I feel 100% confident to go all the way he's just getting to chill out without this crazy woman trying to jump his bones every 5 minutes. lol
Unread 12-28-2004, 11:37 AM

My DH has been very understanding, caring and patient through this recovery period. He often states, in no way, shape or form should we take the chance in jeopardizing my health for all of our future endeavors, including sex. So, very happy to say that there has been no pressure here.
Unread 12-28-2004, 11:51 AM

Hi all,
I'm glad this thread came up...

I'm only one week out today (YEAH!) and my DH works out of town, so only home on weekends. This makes it somewhat easier to deal with this issue, I guess, but he's always been the kind of guy who's "wanting some", so I'm sure this time period will not be that much different. I have let him know it will be at least 6 weeks, but I think he's hanging on the shred of hope that it might be earlier

I have not really ever had a big sex drive, wondering if that will change now. However, 30 years with the same guy tends to make things a bit "boring".

He normally would like me to "pleasure" him anyway, so this won't be that much different, I just don't want him to get the idea that it's his right to come home on Friday nights and "get some" while I'm recovering...know what I mean?

Anyway, thanks for always bringing up the taboo...
Virginia
Unread 12-28-2004, 11:56 AM

Maybe a few numbers will help him out!! You are technically unable to have sex for a whole 42 days. (6 weeks X 7 days per week)... Alright then, you had the surgery. I dont know how long you bled for during a period, but lets say average of 5 days a month with no nooky. In one year that is 60 days. So after your surgery, after the 42 days of waiting, he can have sex 364 days of the year, with 365 days in leap years. This was compared to just over 300 before surgery! So technically he is ahead of the game!! He is missing less sex during recovery than he missed in the past year!!
Hugs to you all
Kat
Unread 12-28-2004, 12:03 PM

one day off for good behaviour?
Unread 12-28-2004, 12:51 PM

[QUOTE

Rest assured dear, he can take matters into his own hands. /QUOTE]

I am glad I got my staples out today. I would have popped them for sure reading this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register