bleeding/discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding/discharge bleeding/discharge

Unread 12-30-2004, 02:44 AM
bleeding/discharge

although it is very little, i suddenly have pink stuff coming out. it's just like spotting only really light. is this normal? i didn't have it before tonite. should i be freaking out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2004, 03:35 AM
bleeding/discharge

I was told that if you fill a pad an hour with blood, it's bad. Otherwise, watch it. As always, when in doubt, call the doc.
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:17 AM
bleeding/discharge

Hi Fluffiecat,

I developed a discharge when I was one week post-op. It was pinkish in color and rather watery, and it scared me too when it happened because I had not had any discharge prior to that. I called me Dr. and it turns out it was a 'norma' occurence and was a result of stitches starting to dissolve.

This may be the case for you too, so try not to freak out. I do suggest that you call your Dr. to describe your symptoms to be sure that this is 'normal' for you and be on the safe side, however.

Best wishes and s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2004, 05:52 AM
bleeding/discharge

I've been spotting for over a week now. Its gone from pinkish to a brownish discharge and actually gotten heavier. Since it had been going on so long, and seemed to be getting worse, I went to my Dr on Tuesday. He checked things out, but said its completely normal as the stitches dissolve and things start healing and that I could continue to have the discharge for a couple more weeks!

If it gets really bad, or really worrisome, I'd check with your dr just to be sure, but for now, it sounds completely normal to me:-)
Unread 12-30-2004, 06:05 AM
bleeding/discharge

My discharge is now mostly brown again for the past couple of days, but even last week I had two episodes of pinkish tissue-like discharge -- in week 4! My doc said it is normal and the discharge can continue for weeks...months.

The next time it happened (last Sunday) I didn't freak out, but it still makes me feel weird. It seems to happen on days when I overdo it, so I take it as a sign to rest a bit more....or at least TRY to rest more.

I had an exam a week ago and my doctor said my abdominal incision is healing nicely, but he said: You have a long way to go internally. I guess recovery does take time -- like we've all been told over and over again.

Have a great day. REST and RELAX.

Sue
Unread 12-30-2004, 06:53 AM
bleeding/discharge

I'm having a very light, tan color discharge now at 6 weeks today. From what I've been reading on this fabulous site, it's stitches disolving. Had an "all clear" from the doc last week so I won't plan to worry about it unless it gets heavy. A pantiliner is more than I need but after years of ruining underwear, it's better than destroying more.
Today I'll plan to rest a bit more. Maybe that will help it.

Janet
Unread 12-30-2004, 07:17 AM
bleeding/discharge

I am 10 weeks tomorrow...No discharge until yesterday....a very light pink. Then last night I had a small (size of a dime or less) clot. Now no discharge whatsoever. Sounds to me from what I am hearing this is normal. I did excercise Monday and Tuesday and am slowing down again - as I think its a sign I may be doing too much too soon.
Unread 12-30-2004, 08:43 AM
bleeding/discharge

I had no discharge AT ALL until 4 weeks! Then one day (while shopping!! shhhhh!) I started bleeding bright red. It was so scary and such a bummer!! When I would sit on potty it would pour out and turn water red. (sorry if graphic) Called Dr. and had to go in right away...said all was OK but had pulled 2 stitches. Used Silver Nitrate on those places and have not had bright red but continue to have pinkish discharge especially on TP.

Going to Dr. for 6 week check up today, hope all is good! If in doubt I would always call Dr. they are used to these type of questions! Good Luck with your recovery!
Unread 12-30-2004, 08:49 AM
bleeding/discharge

I just had my six week post op check this past Tuesday. Now, right after my surgery my dr told me I could have a discharge and or bleeding for up to six weeks. I only spotted for three days, yea! Then about 2 weeks ago (which would put me at the 4 wk mark like many of you mentioned) I started having a yellow brown discharge. When I was at my post op check Tuesday the dr told me this was from the stitches disolving and draining and is perfectly normal. It also had a slight odor that Thank God has since gone away.
Unread 12-30-2004, 02:33 PM
bleeding/discharge

Well...just returned from my 6 week check.....things are not healed as he had hoped. Used the Silver Nitrate again, have to go back in 2 weeks to recheck! I am so disappointed! Said NO SEX until healed....but I can take a bath though!!! That was the only good thing out of the appointment!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register