I made it! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-30-2004, 06:16 AM
I made it!

I made it through yet another surgery! I had the lap. to remove my gallbladder yesterday! Everything went great, he said I had 4 stones and he removed then along with my gallbladder. I was home by yesterday evening. This morning I am really sore but able to move around. The one thing that is KILLING me is my right shoulder. The surgeon said this was completely normal because the gas they used to blow me up with is what is causing the pain. As a matter of fact, my shoulder is hurting me more than my incisions!! It is THAT BAD! I ended up having 4 small incisions. He said I could take a shower today and remove the bandaids and I have to see him in a week for a checkup! He prescribed me 20 Lortab .5 so I am guessing all this soreness and shoulder pain will not last too long, at least I hope not! Hopefully in due time I will feel like myself again and not be in pain anymore!

EDITED to say...the best part about all of this is, it was totally free for me since I had already met my decductible!! THANK GOODNESS!!!!

Thank you all again for everything! I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

Keri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2004, 06:27 AM
I made it!

well.. i've had 2 c-sections, a lap for endo, a hysterectomy, AND gall bladder surgery (not all recently, mind you! LOL) and I've got to say the gall bladder was the easiest recovery! I had been VERY sick before they took it out (2 days in the hospital on antibiotics before i was even well enough to DO the surgery, then 2 days of watching me afterwards before I got to go home!) yet the recovery was VERY fast!

Good luck to you! you've got to be feeling about like I do... there's not really anything left to take out anymore, is there?
Unread 12-30-2004, 06:40 AM
I made it!

Hi,
When I was sterilized four years ago I had tremendus pain in my shoulders from the gas. With my TAH the gas lodged in my back befind my shoulder blades. I found a hot water bottle gooood and my DBF rubbed my back which eased it a great deal. Hope this works for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2004, 06:46 AM
I made it!

Heating pads and hot water bottles are miracle cures for that horrendous gas pain. I couldn't have survived without them and didn't have to thanks to the helpful advice on this site. Now DH uses them when he feels "blue". Poor baby. LOL
Unread 12-30-2004, 07:42 AM
Re: I made it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Trickie636
The one thing that is KILLING me is my right shoulder. The surgeon said this was completely normal because the gas they used to blow me up with is what is causing the pain. As a matter of fact, my shoulder is hurting me more than my incisions!! It is THAT BAD! Keri
I think I told ya about the shoulder gas pain a few days ago Keri. The very best thing you can do for that is walking, lots of walking, that is the only way you are going to get that gas out of there.....I know you will do fine withthe rest, I think I told ya that was the worst of it, the gas pain, so y ou are doing well.
Remember take it easy, but you need to be walking around to help with that gas.
Unread 12-30-2004, 07:46 AM
I made it!

Hang in there! It only lasts about 48 hours and heat will help. Good luck with your recovery!
Unread 12-30-2004, 07:56 AM
I made it!

Thank you all! YES, you did tell me about the gas and I BELIEVE YOU NOW! LOL! It hurts so bad, I am having to take two pain pills at one time. I do have a heating pad on it and I am walking around quite a bit b/c I am here by myself and am having to get stuff on my own, which I am NOT complaining!

The doc. nurse just called to check on me and I told her I was fine except the shoulder pain and she said well let me call you in another refill just to get you through the weekend and if you need more call me on Monday! She said it would last a couple of days.

Again, thanks to all!
Keri
Unread 12-30-2004, 08:00 AM
I made it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Trickie636
The doc. nurse just called to check on me and I told her I was fine except the shoulder pain and she said well let me call you in another refill just to get you through the weekend and if you need more call me on Monday! She said it would last a couple of days.

Again, thanks to all!
Keri
Wow, you have them calling you and offering pain meds...that is one for the books huh? Bet the GYN never offered pain meds like that...makes no sense, you will probably end up with more pain meds from gallbladder surgery than hyst. Wake up GYN's...it hurts darnit!!! LOL
Unread 12-30-2004, 02:52 PM
I made it!

I know Marian! I couldn't believe it!! My GYN or GI would have NEVER offered them like this place has. I almsot fell out while I was on the phone with her...LOL!

Unread 12-30-2004, 03:52 PM
I made it!

Keri, I'm so happy you are home and it's over!! Just a little more pain and discomfort and then you can have a Happy New Year!

One question. With 4 stones, wouldn't your gall bladder look alittle lumpy?? Maybe not. In my operative report my surgeon states that she inspected the liver, kidneys and gallbladder plus the appendix. she also told me in person everything looked normal. I wonder if your doctor looked. Does it say on your operative report? then again, it could have looked normal.

HAPPY NEW YEAR with your new body!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register