7 Week Post Op Concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 Week Post Op Concerns 7 Week Post Op Concerns

Unread 12-30-2004, 09:19 AM
7 Week Post Op Concerns

Hello my sisters,

Hi my name is Dawn. I had my surgery on Nov 12,2004. I hope it is ok to ask a question for anyone who might have any advice for me. Tomorrow the 31st will be my 7 week mark and I am still having bleeding. My doctor did a silver nitrate treatment and told me that some women just take longer to heal than others. Now the day I came home from the hospital my incision opened up but I don't think that would have anything to do with still bleeding as it has finally closed up. I still have some pain but doc said it's post op pain. He doesn't need to see me again for another year he said unless I need something. So i guess I am wondering if I should worry or wait another couple of weeks before calling him back. My surgery was pretty difficult as I had such dense adheasions from prior surgeries and don't know if that would be part of the bleeding problem or not. Please any advice anyone might give me would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks Alot,
-Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2004, 06:07 PM
7 Week Post Op Concerns

Hi,

You are still early post op and it does take some of us longer to heal. I was one of those that had to have 3 silver nitrate treatments. I spotted a little between the treatments and was sore, but no bleeding. I bled from the actual surgery about 6 weeks, but it was more of a light spotting by that point.

I would give dr a call if you are still bleeding especially after your silver nitrate treatment has a chance to heal (maybe a week or two). If it is more than spotting or heavy, you might want to call sooner. I am not sure if adhesions would make you bleed more as I did not have adhesions.

I hope things get better for you.

s
Unread 12-30-2004, 06:11 PM
7 Week Post Op Concerns

Hi...just thought I'd reply! I went for my 6 weeks check today and still continue to have pinkish red discharge. Was treated with a second silver nitrate (1st one at 4 weeks for heavy bleeding) and Dr. wants to see me again in 2 weeks! He also told me that things looked good but had a few places that just weren't healing up as fast! From what I have read, I think this is normal and everyone heals at a different pace!

I am really bummed out, thought I would be released today to resume activities!! He did tell me it was OK to have a bath...so I think I will go soak in the tub a while...and try to wash away some of these worries!

Good Luck with you recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register