Absolutely breaking my heart here..... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Absolutely breaking my heart here..... Absolutely breaking my heart here.....

Unread 12-31-2004, 07:28 AM
Absolutely breaking my heart here.....

Many prayers out to you. Be steadfast. Discipline and love need to be tough at time.
wondergram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2004, 08:08 AM
post op traumas

Hello Karen - so sorry you were dragged in to a family war-zone. It was very uncaring of your son. However, maybe his worry of you causes his odd behavior?? All that matters now is that you must avoid this stress - physical and emotional. Please try to 'rise above' it and put yourself in a peaceful place.... even if it means letting the family rant and rave out of ear-shot for you. We need rest, peace and caring - don't settle for anything less.
God bless.
Unread 12-31-2004, 10:25 AM

my daughter promised me shed help me till i get netter ive been doing tons and i asked her to mop the floor today and she said no way cos its new years eve!!when i pursued it i go aload of verbal abuse n got very tearful, just wait till im better!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 03:10 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry I disappeared soon after this thread but I have been flat on my back since it all happened.

I have read all your replies and and you have all given me such good advice.

I am feeling physically better today but I am still really upset emotionally, New Year came and went and not a word from my son except that he came around for some clothes, no mention of sorry or anything. I have heard that he is telling people he was provoked! For goodness sake that is such a lie that I can't believe he is saying things like this - Oh well, it's a shame but what can I do?

DH is going back to work on tues. I am dreading being here alone. because I have heavy sliding doors at the front and the back of my house, so I will literally be stuck indoors until he comes home at night adn I so love to walk around the fish pond etc.

Thanks to all and I wish you all a brilliant New Year xxx

Much Love
~Karen-Jane~
Unread 01-02-2005, 08:06 AM

I am sorry to hear that things with your son aren't any better. As far as being stuck inside, are those the only way out of the house? Maybe when DH is up in the morning getting ready for work, he can open the door for you and you can take your walk inthe morning and then go back in when he is ready to leave for work.
I pray that things get better for you and your son. Please keep us updated.
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Karen-Jane needs support

Hi karen-Jane,
You need a hug Girl - it sounds like a raw deal at home, so you MUST be as kind as possible to yourself, even if they're not. Please don't go trying to push heavy doors - you'll set yourself back and be poorly for much longer.

A little light exercise at home is good but rest between. I'm good giving advice but yesterday I did too much myself and had more pain afterwards (and still do) to remind me to slow down!

When you don't get love and sympathy from son etc., do as my Mother always advises ....''let it go over you like water on a ducks back.....''! Take care.
Unread 01-02-2005, 11:01 AM

Hi Karen-Jane and others;

I am writing this because NYE, I became very upset for about 45 minutes because my DS was late coming home. I had all kinds of visions of horrible things that could have happened to him.

Now, you need to know, that just before his curfew, I was feeling great, energetic and physically comfortable.

For the 45 minute wait, I was stressed and anxious.

He came home healthy, and all was fine, BUT I spent all day NYD in bed, completely exhausted.

We have to remember, that in addition to not over-doing it physically, we have have watch our stress levels.

Take good Care Karen-Jane, and I hope things settle down at your house soon.
Unread 01-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Black moods

Apart from the problems we've mentioned lately Sisters, (BM, etc), I'm having a hard time recently with aweful black moods. I'm almost 3 weeks Post Op now and the mood swings are sometimes very bleak. I feel sometimes deeply depressed and sad (even when not watching the news) and sometimes, the moods are almost evil - like I have no tolerence with my temper. That is so unlike the usual me. I have to bite my tongue to stop me snapping at loved-ones - is this normal? How long do these mood-swings last? I'm so not myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register