What do you do when the doc doesn't know? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What do you do when the doc doesn't know? What do you do when the doc doesn't know?

Unread 01-04-2005, 07:25 AM
What do you do when the doc doesn't know?

You call her back and tell her that you can't go on without some HRT and could she prescribe it in pill form if she doesn't want you to use the patch.
I have to tell you, I have never heard of what she was saying was causing your pain with the patch, but that doesn't mean it isn't true...I find it hard to believe that the patch is causing you pain because it caused everything to wake up so to speak.
But you need to let her know that after removal of one patch your symptoms are severe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2005, 07:49 AM

Marian,
Thank you I need to hear that. I would swich to a doc but she is the only one that does bio-identicals and I know I need testosterone, but she wanedt me to wait for that.
I will call.
Unread 01-04-2005, 08:15 AM

Hi Weezy, I know that with me telling you that I am sorry that you are having these problems is not really helping you... But I really am sorry. You have been thru so much since your surgery. It is truly dis-heartening to go thru all of this stuff after going thru the surgery to get a positive response to begin with... Take care and I do wish you luck.....
Sincerely, Sunshine 48
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2005, 08:20 AM

Hey, I aim to please...
There has to be a happy medium somewhere and I hope you find it. I looked up Climara in the book and it doesn't say anywhere about what your doc had mentioned.
I found something though, that I am going to post on because some people are experiencing gallbladder issues and it can cause gallbladder disease...interesting huh?
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:46 AM

I called my CNM and she said it was up to me what I wanted to do. She was trying to find the pelvic pain. After I hung up. I relized she could be right about the amount of estrogen causing the pain because one of the side effects of estrogen is to relax the vascolar system so more blood would mean more pressure, pressure more pain.
So, .0375 is not enogh and .075 might be too much I have changed to .05 cliama patch to see if that works. I hope this works.
Thanks for all the hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register