Burning in Legs & Heat Feeling,Also stitches torn inside 8 weeks post surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning in Legs & Heat Feeling,Also stitches torn inside 8 weeks post surgery Burning in Legs & Heat Feeling,Also stitches torn inside 8 weeks post surgery

Unread 12-31-2004, 10:16 PM
Burning in Legs & Heat Feeling,Also stitches torn inside 8 weeks post surgery

WellI need some help sisters...I am 8 weeks post op and I got up from squatting down and felt a pinch in my right side like when you tear a stitch except a much larger area this time ,I can barely walk,drive,turn over in bed,sit up .Everything hurts.I also since surgery around 6 weeks post op have had this burning in my right leg that feels like its on fire all the time,and when I sit up it feels as if hot water runs from my groin area to my knee.Has anyone else felt this?I am not on HRT I had Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the cervix Stage 1b2,I had a radical hyst with 32 lymph node removal .I am onluy 26 yrs old and just feel old and like I will never feel young again.I am supposed to start a new job in a few days and I do NOT feel ready at all.I feel exhausted and overwelmed.Noone seems to care in my family and cancer doesnt seem to be a big deal if you know what I mean.I try hard not to complain but the pain is very real and I am tired of everytime I move feeling like I am going to start crying from the pain.I also have stage 4 endometriosis and its in my lymph nodes.Happy New Year and would love to hear helpful hints with any of this mess..haha.I am on neurontin 100mg a day which seems to do nothing but make me feel irritable.I am on nothing else except natural stuff otherwise..Love to all my hyster sisters and HAPPY NEW YEAR~Bri'anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2005, 04:33 AM

i'm so sorry to hear all this! you need a hug and support from sisters who are listening! we are listening.

i am also on neurontin. 100 mgs a day is nothing. are you sure it's not 100 mgs, 4X a day? please check your Rx and call your doctor. You should be on more pain meds too. Whatever it takes until you feel better and get this under control, rather than have it control you.

i am on some of the lowest doses of neurontin at 300mgs 4 x a day, and that is low! the average is 1800-3600 mgs a day for many people. not that i'm tellig you any medical advice, just speak with your doctor again because neurontin has been a life-saving medication for me for 2 years. it really helps with nerve pain, if you are having that type of pain.

are you taking it easy and drinking water? especially now that you may have pulled someting? the muscles are very tender right now. maybe you can put off working for a little while longer?
Unread 01-01-2005, 07:48 AM

Dear Bri'anne,

I'm so sorry that you are in pain. I don't have any personal experience to help you, but am concerned and wanted to encourage you to call your doctor. Does he know about the awful pain, the burning in your leg and the feeling that hot water is running from your groin to your knee?

Please give his office a call. If you get his answering service, tell them that you're in alot of pain and ask for the on-call doctor to return your call. If the pain continues, and you don't hear from the doctor, it might be a good idea for you to go to the ER, just to be on the safe side.

Please let us know how you are.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2005, 08:59 AM

Bri'anne,

Don't stay by yourself. I hope you have family and friends close by. It's a really good idea to go get checked at the ER.

You know, if you found an exciting new job just recently, then surely your new employer is just as happy to have you join the team, as you are to start your new job. So if you need an extra two weeks to feel strong again,they'll probably be understanding, after all they waited until they found the person they wanted, one or two weeks won't change vey much.

This will be one day behind you. The wheel turns and seasons do change. One day you'll be better, and everything lovely will be waiting for you.

take care
smiles & dreams
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:00 AM

You really should get yourself checked out..call your doc on monday and get seen asap preferably that day. If you are unable to see your doc soon, then go to the ER, you need help. I also agree the dose of neurontin you are on is almost not worth taking...I have never heard of a dose that low. Please read your bottle again like suggested and call the doc monday. IF the pain is getting bad, then go to the ER, don't wait til MOnday which will probably be a better option for you right now...you need somepain relief and you need to find out what is going on especially with your history, so I am voting for ER instead of waiting til Monday. Please keep us updated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register