Abdomin tender STILL | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdomin tender STILL Abdomin tender STILL

Unread 01-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Abdomin tender STILL

Hi Sisters,
Do any of you still have a tender abdomin?? I am 17 months post-op from a TAH/BSO. Last night I went out to dinner with hubby and wore my new jeans. This morning, I ache again! It feels like a bruise all around the insision area. I went to a new doctor in November about this, an internist. She ordered a ct scan that showed nothing and said that this is just the way I healed and that it is as good as it's gonna get. If i lay down it feels fine, but if I stand up and press on certain areas it feels bruised. Will this ever go away?
Happy New Year to all of you, hope 2005 brings answers and relief for all on this road!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Abdomin tender STILL

I am sorry you are going through this.....I wouldn't just accept what your doc said, I would go to a GYN to get some answers. You could have some adhesions there that are giving you a problem. don't just let them say, this is good as your gonna get. I strongly suggest seeking an opinion from a GYN. Please let us know what the GYN says.
Unread 01-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Abdomin tender STILL

I've had and still have that problem. Although it's not currently as bad as it was a few years ago.

If your current doctor isn't willing to explore further, than perhaps it's time for another opinion from a different doc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Whatsnormal

I like your name it is cute LOL!
I can not wear jeans anymore unless the have elastic lol! Ohh my gosh if I wear Jeans after a while my stomach cramps my incision which goes from above my belly button down to my pelivic bone kills me and is still numb and its been over a year!
I suffer big time from adhesions and Last year I went to get seprafilm put in and it did not work, and I almost died I had to have an emergency surgery with in 24 hours because my bowel was perforated!
A Ct scan will not show adhesions! I strongly agree with Kim and Marian!!

[quote]She ordered a ct scan that showed nothing and said that this is just the way I healed and that it is as good as it's gonna get.

Do not take that for an answer, I really think you should get another opinion,because it is possible you could have adhesions there!
A lot of doctors say stuff like that because they have no idea what to do. And some doctors are not very well versed in some areas and it really would not hurt to get another opinion!
many to you sweetie
Unread 01-02-2005, 12:44 PM
HI

Thanks sisters,
Kim, I know you have been through the mill will your problems, and it doesn't seem to ever get better. Did you (or anyone else) ever get a firm dx of what this is?? My GYN called it "abdmonial wall syndrome" OK, now what?? Are we destined to go through life never wearing a pair of jeans of leaning the laundry basket against our tummy again???
Unread 01-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Abdomin tender STILL

I've been diagnosed with nerve damage. One thing that has helped me alot is acupuncture. I can actually wear real jeans occassionally. I do have to pick and choose the days that I do wear snaps and zippers. And I make sure when I purchase the jeans that they have lots of give to them, to accomodate the swelling that occurs during the day.

I have found some nice stretchy jeans at Wal Mart. They've recently changed them up a bit and are now flat front. Not sure I like them as much as the other, but they do look nice with a nice shirt. I've bought some nice flats, and can actually feel a bit dressy when I wear them.

Unfortunately I do still have to take the bad days with the good. Today is a bad day. Since I ate lunch my belly is absolutely aching and I can feel that electric feeling right above my incision. It's sort of like someone is zapping my belly with an electric poker.

Unread 01-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Abdomin tender STILL

My dr. said however I felt at 6 months is about how it was going to be. He said it is probably from scar tissue. He did order me a cat scan at 4 months because of abdominal pain. It didn't show adhesions, but he believed I could still had then, so he sent me to a post abdominal pain and adhesion surgeron. He did a lapro and found no adhesions sticking things together, but did show me all of the scar tissue I have from the hyst and 4 c sections. He said this may continue to cause pain. This surgeon told me that adhesions will not show up on cat scans.
Seek a adhesion surgeon and see what he suggests. You don't have to live in pain.I realize that most of my abdominal pain seems to be in my bladder area.

I hope you get some relief
Peggy
Unread 01-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Abdomin tender STILL

Remember adhesions and scar tissue are the same thing, so Peggy, you did have adhesions in your pelvis just not pulling things together. It is true adhesions will not show on xray, CT, or ultrasound, I don't believe they wil show up on MRI either. Only way to diagnose is a lap.
Please everyone continue to be an advocate for yourself.
Unread 01-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Abdomin tender STILL

wow, i sorry to hear that so many of you ladies are still in pain, on the other hand i dont feel so alone. i thought i was going crazy. it has been almost a yr since my lavh, and iam still in constant pain. if i wear a pair of jeans i end up wanting to crawl out of my skin because of the pain, i have been living in what my lil brother calls "j-lo" outfits (jump suits, sweat suits, etc) i hope that one day this will not be an issue. when i mention to people that it hurts to wear certain types of cloting i get some pretty strange looks, but i guess if you havent been there its hard to understand, but i sure do know what your going through... i hope you all feel better soon
love and hugs angel 0
Unread 01-04-2005, 07:10 AM
Abdomin tender STILL

Quote:
Originally posted by airamathea
i have been living in what my lil brother calls "j-lo" outfits (jump suits, sweat suits, etc)

My mom got me a hecht's gift card for christmas so that I can go and get some of those to wear cause the jeans kill me too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register