Abdomin tender STILL - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdomin tender STILL Abdomin tender STILL

Unread 01-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Abdomin tender STILL

Hi there , Im just about 4 mths post BSO andd adhesion work and yes I believe that even a year later Im still going t o face some pain.

I guess having had two C sections , a hyst and now this one in sept .. Im resigned ot it ...

I hope it doesnt get too bad and i agree with the sisters .. get a 2nd opinion and dont worry about offending yr original Dr .. if it gets bad ...I left my first gynae .. the good one there after got poached by private practice and the hospital reassigned me ot this oen who has turne d out to be a gem

mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Abdomin tender STILL

If it makes you feel any better (probably not), I still get very sore and swelly too and it has been 19 mo po. Some days I feel normal and then if I do too much (lifting, bending, stretching, whatever) it comes back. Most of the time it feels bruised and other times (or at the same time) it feels swollen and tight. My gyn pretty much said the same thing. It may still get better with time. My sister said she had the same thing for quite a while then it finally went away. Sometimes I think I feel that I am worse off now than before, because before it was mostly once a month, now alot of the time it's all the time. Oh and I can't EVEN lay on my stomach or it swells and hurts. I have had ct scan too and it showed nothing and gyn says probably scar tissue. He gave me the impression that I have to live with it. Have you tried a heating pad? It does seem to help and also icing it sometimes seems to help me. But I know we shouldn't have to be doing that the rest of our lives! Good luck.
Unread 01-07-2005, 01:44 PM
HI

Hi Karen
I am also Karen!!! I know what you mean. I defintely know I am worse off now than before. I shouldn't of had the hyst, I really only had cysts, never heavy periods or cramps. To think that this will last the rest of my life is very hard to crasp. Everbody I know who had a TAH recovered just fine in 6 weeks. Now I can't even wear a pair of jeans, lean against the counter to do the dishes, and WOW if I bang into the shopping cart!!!!! I see you also had your ovaries removed, now, isn't that fun!!!!! The sweats, flat mood UGH!! If I could turn back time, believe me, I would have run as fast as I could out of that hospital!!!! This is why I wish EVERYBODY would get a second opinion. I realize if you are bleeding to the point of anemia, or you have cancer, this will save your life and you have NO choice, but to think that menopause,which was maybe 5-7 years off would have stopped all this, vs. this soreness for the rest of my life is kinda hard to take, ya know? Yes, it is good knowing I'm not alone, but it is still hard. Thanks for replying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Abdomin tender STILL

doesn't seem like we traded one pain for another??? and we may not have ended up with the lesser evil i know that we will all get through this after all we have all come here to support each other and i think that is AWESOME!!! luv you all, angel 0
Unread 01-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Abdomin tender STILL

Hi sisters--

ya know, reading stuff like this thread brings so much stuff to my mind. first of all, i too was thinking that if i had ever been told of these possible post-op complications, i wouldn't have done it--although, then there's a post about not really having a choice if you were bleeding to death--LIKE I WAS--so that at least made me feel a little better. but STILL--why don't they warn you about these possible bad results.

I agree, bleeding to death was not good, but i NEVER had pain from my fibroids and it's hard to say that pain is a better option!!

also, it really strikes me how nonchalant and callous some drs are about stuff like adhesions. there are some things like chronic fatigue syndrome and IBS that are controversial; some drs. believe they are real disorders , others do not. when i was having my conversation with my (MALE) gyn yesterday--i swear it almost seemd like he didn't believe adhesions and the pain caused by them are real--in not so many words, he made me feel like it was all my imagination. 'oh. live with it...maybe it will just go away." it seems like whatsnormal's dr has the same attitude.

I am definitely, as many of you sisters suggested, going to get a second opinion, but in the meantime i think it's a REAL disservice for patients when their dr doesn't even believe things that are medically proven--for example--adhesions cause pain.

sorry for being long-winded--i guess i am just feeling very frustrated.

mindi
Unread 01-08-2005, 03:21 PM
HI AGAIN

Hi Mindi,
I know what you mean about NOT being told some of this outcome from this type of surgery. I had never even HEARD pf adhesions!! My GYN told me and hubby that in 4 weeks I would feel fine, that most women take 6 weeks off to recover so they can have two weeks vacation!!!!!! He made this sound like a root canal!!! I went back to work at 8 weeks, still holding my tummy with my hand anytime I moved. Now (17 months later) I consider it a good day when I work all day, then come home and get some cleaning done without the need for a heating pad!! Before, I only needed the heating pad maybe once a month!!! This is why I truly wish everybody would get a second or third opinion. I know now that I should of. I had NO IDEA that I would end up this way. And my GYN truly blows me off, its like "I fixed you, so go away!!" He is calling this "abdominal wall syndrome" and when I ask what I should do for it he said sit-ups!!! UGGGGHHH!
Unread 01-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Abdomin tender STILL

Mindi,
Unfortunately alot of what you have stated, alot of us have experienced. I sometimes wish that some of these docs could walk a few miles in our shoes. I once had a doctor tell me, "if it hurts to eat, than don't eat!" I had another doc tell me that he thought I had adhesions, but he wasn't going to help me.

However, for all the bad docs I've seen, I have run across a few gems also. While I still struggle, they have gone the extra mile to try and help. We continue to search and look for those ever elusive answers.
Unread 01-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Abdomin tender STILL

Marian
Hello. I kind of new scar tissue and adhesions were the same things, but the surgeon didn't seem concerned. He just said the pain can be managed and never mentioned them again.He did remove my sick Gb at that time. My question is: can these adhesions grow and eventually stick things(ovaries,bowels, bladder)together? When I was trying to nap in bed today I rolled over and got a terrible pulling pain in my right lower abdoman area. It feels like it goes from my ovary area diagonally to my bikini incision line.I could have cried. This has been happening off and on lately.
I am having abdominal pressure anyway from the prolapses and really don't know if this has anything to do with it.I had no adhesions causing things to stick in Sept(4 1/2 months post op from TAH)but my abdominal wall was full of it.He wondered if I had endo when my dr.did the hyst, but I didn't.

Thanks
Peggy
Unread 01-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Abdomin tender STILL

hi there mtdewpeg, yes adhesions can bind your organs together..you can go to www.talksexwithsue.com there is alot of great info (thats how i found this wonderful site) go to resources and click on endo. there is a great video there that tells all about adhesions etc. hope this helps
luv angel 0
Unread 01-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Abdomin tender STILL

hi there mtdewpeg, yes adhesions can bind your organs together..you can go to www.talksexwithsue.com there is alot of great info (thats how i found this wonderful site) go to resources and click on endo. there is a great video there that tells all about adhesions etc. hope this helps
luv angel 0

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register