Phantom of the Opera ( the movie) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Phantom of the Opera ( the movie) Phantom of the Opera ( the movie)

Unread 01-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Thumbs up - Phantom of the Opera ( the movie) Phantom of the Opera ( the movie)

We just saw this last night with our 17 and 12 year old for New Years Eve.

It was lovely, and if you enjoyed Andrew Lloyd Weber's stage production, you will probably like this as well. It is a musical, so if you don't like that genre, you may not enjoy it.

It stars Gerard Butler as The Phantom, Emmy Rossum as Christine, and Patrick Wilson as Raoul. Minnie Driver has a part as the lead soprano, Carlotta, and provides the comic relief for the film.

It was very well done with beautiful costumes, and the singing was just gorgeous. My DD had already been to see the movie before Christmas, and got the soundtrack for Christmas. It's lovely to listen to, and to watch. I loved a scene that appeared to be filmed in a snow storm in a graveyard, where Christine is visiting her father's grave.

If you liked the stage production, I think it's safe to say that you'll enjoy the movie as well. Some critics didn't like Gerard Butler's voice for the Phantom, but I loved his voice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Phantom of the Opera ( the movie)

OHHH i can' wait to see the movie, I did see the stage production in Toronto and it was amazing! I could go see it again and again. My DD who is 9 wants to go see it... she loves the sound track and listens to it a lot.
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:21 PM

I just saw it today and I loved it, it brought me to tears a couple of times. I have also seen the stage production but I get to caught up in the costumes, singers and scenery to enjoy the show. I was able to follow the story line better in the movie. Also, the actress that played Christine was so good. I loved it and plan on seeing it again.

Cherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 08:56 AM

Hi Cherri,
It had me close to tears as well, and you're right, the story was easier to follow. I'm glad you enjoyed it as well, and to Mikaela, if you loved the stage production in Toronto, I'm sure you'll love it as well.
I had seen it there as well, once with my DH, and I took my kids to see it a second time. Cherri is right, it is easier to follow the story line in the movie. I would love to see the movie a second time too, if I get the chance.

s
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:11 AM

Sounds like this might be one to get the DVD for! i can't wait til it gets over here!!!
Unread 01-03-2005, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CAS29
Sounds like this might be one to get the DVD for! i can't wait til it gets over here!!!
You mean we got it earlier than you?! It's been here for a couple of weeks.

-- Marian, cataloging away with Italy in her heart, and a jar of truffles in her kitchen closet
Unread 01-03-2005, 06:30 AM

I'm pretty sure it isn't here yet -- I check when I go into Milan on Wednesday, but usually it takes months (though to be fair that is when the films are dubbed -- they probably wouldn't dub an opera ----- would they??? ugh).
Unread 01-04-2005, 01:17 PM

Saw it yesterday, I think it was the best musical production to be made a film that I had seen, My you need to make concessions as you seem to lose a dimension when they make musicals into movies ( definately not another Evita, the only positive in that was Anotonio Banderes)
Unread 01-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Smile - Phantom of the Opera ( the movie) PHANTOM

I m stuck here in Toad Suck Ferry Missouri and it is not here. We have only one theater in 30 miles; so I am guessing it will not get here at all...we still have THE KRANKS for goodness sake! I did see the making of the PHANTOM on E! and Sir Weber said he always wanted an untrained voice for the phantom. Butler was Angelina Jolie's hunk in the second TOMB RAIDER movie which I was forced to endure with my spouse for my birthday(I think). My point being that Butler was yummy in that....
Rossum was 16 when she started filming this but she had been on stage at the Met since she was 12...I LOVED the play and I hope most fervently that I will get to see the film; although, there is always the DVD...sigh...good things come to those who wait and wait and...
Unread 01-07-2005, 02:11 PM

Ronibuni,

Phantom opened in "select" theaters before Christmas and is to be in theaters nationwide around Jan. 22. I, too, am out in the middle on "nowhere" and not sure when I will get to see it. I have seen the stage production 3 times and am looking forward to seeing the movie and buying the DVD.

CAS129

It is done in English so they will have to dub it.

Jane B

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register