Personal Question regarding the big O! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Personal Question regarding the big O! Personal Question regarding the big O!

Unread 01-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Personal Question regarding the big O!

I am now 7 weeks post-op (TAH but keeping 1 ovary). Have had intercourse twice. Am able to get an orgasm but is nothing like what it was before. The sensation is confined to the very lower part of my body and does not travel through the body as before. Also the feeling isnt as strong. To give you an idea, whereas before we could be talking major fireworks I would now compare it to a mere sparkler! Am feeling very sad and worried that this may be it and wonder is it because I now have no cervix or could it be that everything is not yet healed well enough. I feel as if I am in mourning for what I had before.
Any info would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 07:39 AM

Seren,

Its funny you say this, Im two and a half weeks post op and I have one ovary left. I read prior to having surgrey that removing the cervic can stop you having 'o' at all. This has worried me a great deal. I would imagine that if your having them, even though there not so powerful this is a good sign.

You may need time to fully relax and get alittle 'lost' if you know what I mean!!!!!!!!!!
Your body is still recovering and things may be different but equally as good in time.

Try not to feel sad and worry. Let nature run its course.

TAH RSO due to endo, adeno and fibriods.
Unread 01-02-2005, 09:21 AM

Looking forward to more answers on this one too. I have not been cleared for sex yet, only at 4 1/2 weeks, but tried outercourse since i was anxious to see how everything still worked. Was pleased to know I could get there quickly, sensations were great, even experienced multi's easily, but it was not nearly as intense. I felt no contractions, or whole body experience like before. I am hoping this is because things are still healing and numb??? I hope, I hope, and not because of losing my uterus and cervix, kept both ovaries.

Hoping someone further along can answer if it keeps getting better, can return to the same, or am I destined to less intensity? Trust me I am pleased to know things "work" but still long for more like before. Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 10:11 AM

Just to give some insight....I am 7.8 weeks post op from TAH, kept ovaries....The Big O will come back, or should I say has come back for me...My doc also recommended we try to use lubrication. We have been realized for experimentation and everything works fine and is better than before. For me, I have no dryness, just one touch from DH, the Big O is as intense as before. Make sure that when you time comes for intercourse, please wait until doc releases you, that you are relaxed, taking things slow, into the mood of intimacy with your DH. I think that made all the difference for me. We were released 2 1/2 weeks ago, but wanted to wait to make sure everything was ok. DH was concerned that he would hurt me and was very understanding. Then my doc prescribed intercourse for 3 times a week.

Always follow doc orders and do what is best for you. This is just my personal experience. I have read several post stating ladies have not had any pain and then some do....ENJOY THE MOMENT WHEN IT COMES
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:17 AM

Hi ladies
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:23 AM

Hi ladies
Just thought I would let you all know that I was released for "the dirty" on Dec.28th after having my lap. hyster on 11/29..and I was VERY concerned with all of the above posts you have all wrote in about and I am happy to report "it" all went fine... the BIG "O" still prevails..LOL!
So it is all very normal to be worried as I was but you will feel much better in the long run after all is said and done....Good luck to all you sisters ..................peace!!!
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:55 AM

The sensation that you may be 'missing' actually might be what I'm missing. Uterine contractions with orgasm. My 'o's are still good and intense, but do not last like you described, up farther. I didn't actually know that I had uterine contractions till after my hyst and my uterus was gone. Yes, I miss that sensation, but my O's are still good, sometimes more intense than other times, but I think that's normal for everyone.
Unread 01-02-2005, 11:01 AM

I can definitely understand your concern. But, things do improve with time for many of us.

For me, at the 8 month plus mark, the intensity has increased since my 1st experiment at approximately week 2. No, they do not feel exactly like they used to...........I do not feel contractions clear to my back anymore (Heck!....that was probably everything tugging on those giant fibroids in there!)........BUT, I feel contactions more intense than ever experienced in my life, in other areas. So, mine are not better, or worse, than before......just different...............BUT NO LESS FUN!!!!

Hang in there. Time will tell.
Unread 01-02-2005, 11:10 AM

Thanks for all your replies. I am going for my hospital check up on Tuesday and if I get the opportunity (or the guts to ask) then I will. In the meantime will persevere and will keep you posted.
Cant help but feel sad that this may be as good as it gets. :cry:
Unread 01-02-2005, 11:23 AM

Just wanted to share with you that prior to my TVH I asked my 'male' GYN/surgeon about any problems with the big "O". He told me that no one had ever complained to him before about that, only vaginal dryness. I couldn't believe that! I mean this man has done thousands of surgeries for many years and NO ONE complained?

I later started seeing the female Nurse practicioner there, prior to my surgery. I made sure to ask her about the big 'O' and what part the cervix and uterus play in it. She was very honest and said that the cervix and all it's nerves play no part as far as an 'O', she did say that if you have uterine contractions with the big 'O', than those will be gone. Other than that there shouldn't be any difference. I have to say she was right.

Like others have said here, it's not worse, it's just different, but in a good way. I still don't regret my surgery, I had to get rid of those fibroids.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register