Flattening Scar | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Flattening Scar Flattening Scar

Unread 01-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Flattening Scar

Most of my scar looks good, but a small section hasn't flattened as much. I know links can't be posted here, but could someone PLEASE send me a private message containing the link of the Chinese cream that helps to flatten scars? Also, if you could list the name of the cream that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year Everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Flattening Scar

bumping...
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Flattening Scar

i dont know about that cream but if you get vitamin E and open them and put them on your scar it will help fade it and lessen your scar, my boss had his gal bladder out and put vitamin E on it everyday you cant even tell

good luck, time helps to be good to yourself you have been through alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Flattening Scar

Hi I think maybe it was my posts you saw that mentioned the black paste. It's called Hei Ba Gao.

They've since come out with a newer formulation that is supposed to be even better, and easier to use. It's called Ba Hen Ling. If you do an internet search for 'the jamu shop', you'll find them.

Hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 01-04-2005, 04:59 AM
Flattening Scar

Hi surferbabe,

Yes, it was a post from you. Thanks for giving me the name of the new formulation. Are you still using the Hei Ba Gao? Has it flattened your scar much?

Quote:
Originally posted by surferbabe
Hi I think maybe it was my posts you saw that mentioned the black paste. It's called Hei Ba Gao.

They've since come out with a newer formulation that is supposed to be even better, and easier to use. It's called Ba Hen Ling. If you do an internet search for 'the jamu shop', you'll find them.
Unread 01-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Flattening Scar

If you can't get your hands on the Chinese paste that you need, try Mederma or vitamin E. At least you can get a head start with these 2 products. I've noticed a difference with them in just a few weeks of use. Good luck.
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Flattening Scar

(((AMW))), I stopped using the paste because it irritated my scar at one point to the point that it was getting a little raw. However, it flattened the scar quite a bit, greatly decreased the pain and itching, and softened it, too I may use it for a while again, or more likely, try the newer version.

At the moment I'm using a scar gel from the health food store which has Vitamin E and allium (onion) as its main ingredients (allium is the active ingredient in Mederma)... it soothes the skin and helps keep it soft, but I haven't noticed it flattening or fading at all. I'm thinking alternating between the two kinds of products may be the solution for me... though I doubt my scar will ever be "invisible".

I think for "normal" scars, Mederma and Vitamin E can be very helpful, but mine was a keloid, and months of Vitamin E and silicone sheets didn't do much of anything.

s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register