No more Pelvic Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No more Pelvic Pain No more Pelvic Pain

Unread 01-02-2005, 11:40 AM
No more Pelvic Pain

I'm wary about posting anything that may fall outside of the board's guidelines so I hope this is ok to do:

After years of disabling abdominal pain (after an appendectomy, 3 laporoscopies for endo & adhesions & finally a TAH) with no conclusive diagnosis other than possible adhesions, I'm finally pain free!! I've been doing a simple at home procedure that took about 3 mo. for me to believe there was a change and another 3 mo. to be pain free. I also have a hiatel hernia and a possible ventral or naval hernia so have continued to stick to procedure but have gotten lazy and have not been doing it as consistently. I'm going to be more diligent so I'm hoping good things will continue.
Here's what I've done, it's not conventional and I have no idea how it works but it worked for me. A dear friend, into holistic healing advised me to do this. Do this 3times a week skipping a day inbetween. I hope it can help some of you out there.
You will need: 1)clean white cotton cloth,DH old tee shirts cut to the size of your belly(for me minus pubic area) covering hip to hip. 2) Home Depot: Philips 125 Watt Heat Lamp INFARED (no sun lamp) & portable reflective lamp base that can clip onto a table, chair, shelf, etc. 3) Health Food Store: Cold pressed Castor Oil hexane-free for massage. Procedure: Setup lamp so it is between 2 1/2-3ft above your belly. (I have to lay on floor with lamp attached to shelf) Lie under lamp,turned off, and slowly pour oil on belly and massage well. I start from under my breasts & stop at the public line. Cover with clean white cloth and pour more oil onto cloth until saturated but not dripping. Turn on heat lamp for 10-12 min max and protect eyes from light. Ater the allotted time, just lie there and relax, meditate, pray do whatever gives you peace for at least 30 more minutes. When done, blot area with paper towel and wear old clothes that you dont care about. The longer you leave it on the more you will benefit so I leave it til the next morning. I smell a bit seedy from the oil but I do it on days I have no running around etc. The white cloth is reusable for about 6 applications. You can store it in a plastic ziploc bag. Try to do this consistently 3 times a week. That's all there is. It seems to facilitate deep healing somehow. It really has worked for me.
Here's hoping for a better New Year for all,
Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 11:53 AM
No more Pelvic Pain

Link,
I'm glad that you have have found something that is helping! I have used castor oil packs off and on in the past. It does help, especially at the time I have it on. While it is messy, I have found it to be very soothing. I keep some old underwear on hand for when I use it as it does stain.

My doctor told me that she recommends the castrol oil packs for her endo patients. I didn't have endo, so I can't attest to it's helpfulness, but my doc told me that many of her patients have found some relief.

Unread 01-03-2005, 08:44 AM
No more Pelvic Pain

I had a chiropractor with a lamp he swore by. I wonder what the difference is between that lamp and the bulb you found at a home improvement store? Probably $100 Will look into it. Sounds really relaxing, if nothing else.

Thanks for posting this!! Its always great to hear stories of healing!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 02:53 PM
No more Pelvic Pain

I'm going to give it a try. I have nothing to lose. Hopefully something to gain, less or no pain.
Thank you for the information.
Unread 01-03-2005, 11:17 PM
No more Pelvic Pain

Just wanted to add and maybe clarify how I obtained my results.
a) if you decide to try this, please promise yourself to stick with it for at least 1 mo. I found the effects were not immediate but cumulative, and each week's bit of relief added to the next.
b) I wasnt sure if I was clear in explaining that I didnt wear the oil soaked cloth after my 30-60min of rest time. I took it off and blotted myself, leaving a less oily, but still tacky residue that I covered with old clothes til my shower the next morning.
c) Dont try to wash & reuse the cloths. The oil is so heavy it will ruin your washing machine. Just throw it out after 6 uses. I tried to be cheap and use it for more but for whatever reason the results were MUCH BETTER when I started with a new cloth after 6 times. I have no idea why, but that was my experience.

And now an update: I had been lazy and had not made time for myself and doing the procedure for the last 4 weeks. I was feeling lousy and took the time yesterday. Well this morning I'm back to myself. I have to mention that I've been doing this procedure pretty regularly for a total of 13 months. I thought maybe I could stop it altogether, but I guess not. Well, it's certainly a small price to pay for the results I've been experiencing.
Good luck to those of you that try it. I'll be checking in and hope to hear about your progress. If I can help you please dont hesitate to let me know.
Blessings,

Link
Unread 01-03-2005, 11:21 PM
No more Pelvic Pain

I tired it tonight. I will continue every other night. I know that results aren't immediate, and it may not work, but again, what have i got to lose? I hope it does help. Even a small amount of relief is better than nothing.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I hope mine is as successful as yours.

Thank you.
Tina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register