Adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Adenomyosis

I had my post op appointment last week. The pathology report was in. Two things that were noted were Adenomyosis and that my uterus was very enlarged.

Is Adenomyosis very common?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Adenomyosis

I had that also...did a bit of research after the fact. From what I know, it is common and can only be detected during pathology, so you'd never know if you had it otherwise. My uterus was about twice the normal size, which I think is also common. Glad it's all gone now!

Virginia
Unread 01-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Adenomyosis

with the symptoms I had during my first visit at my new gyn's he thought I probably had large fibroids. I had the usual tests, told him of my prefuse bleeding, the terrible pain. He called me back that night saying he had got a call from the lab because of my critical blood level.(5.5)I was transfused the next day.four days later I had a ultra sound. I only had one fibroid, cysts on both ovaries. The technician showed me where she thought I had endo. The next day my dr. called me at home and said for me to look up adenomyosis( he knew I was doing research on all of this). He said he thought by looking at the ultrasound and the symotoms that this is what I had. Sure enough, when my pathology results came back, I had it and 1 fibroid. My uterus was five times the normal size with adhesions sticking it and the bladder together and to the abdominal wall.
I have noticed where alot of us had adenomyosis. The only cure for it is the hyst.

Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Adenomyosis

I also had Adenomyosis as well as endometrisis and never knew it, even my doctor was surprised since I had a the balloon procedure in May prior to my TAH and showed no signs, it must be very hard to detect. The dr seemed releived that I did have it which explained my continous pain that he thought was all in my mind. Did you have a lot of cramping before your hyst?
Unread 01-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Adenomyosis

I had severe adhesions. My uterus was stuck to my stomach muscles. The dr. thought I had fibroids also. During an ultrasound they thought they saw 3 fibroids.

I had a Lap. about a month ago and I saw the pictures taken during it. I was amazed by what I saw. I guess having had 3 c-sections left me with tons of scar tissue etc..
Unread 01-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Adenomyosis

my cramps were awful!! I bled about 3 weeks at a time during the last year. Finally, I had had enough. I would cramp for about the first 2 weeks every month, then it would ease off a little. I had terrible, terrible cramps in my abdoman,pains shooting down my thighs, terrible back pain. I am so glad it is all gone forever!! I used a heating pad, 2 hot water bottles and tons of ibuprofen to get through it every month. I worked full time and it was so very hard to live that way!!

Peggy
Unread 01-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Adenomyosis

I had a lot of cramping. I had cramping all month it seemed like. Lots of pain.

I also have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I am pretty sure my estrogen levels have been very high. Do high estrogen levels have anything to do with Adenomyosis?
Unread 01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Adenomyosis

I don't think so. I had fluid filled cysts on my ovaries. I had a 5cm one removed during surgery. My hormone level continues to be normal. That is a good question to ask my gyn during my pre op appt. the 19th.

Peggy
Unread 01-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Adenomyosis

Can't wait to get back to normal so I can enjoy the no more cramping lifestyle : )
Unread 01-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Adenomyosis

My pathology report also stated I had Adenomyosis and an enlarged uterus. Funny thing is I had no symptons - no severe cramping or heavy periods. The reason I had the hyst. was basically because of a cancer scare....first they thought I had ovarian cancer and then were worried about uterine cancer...very strange. But, alls well now...except going back to work tomorrow - but that's ok. I know when I come home you all will be here!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register