Oh to sleep again! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh to sleep again! Oh to sleep again!

Unread 01-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Oh to sleep again!

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has trouble sleeping? 5 weeks post op and this up at all hours is driving me nuts. I tried going to bed early and end up getting up like tonight.. it is almost 3 am and here I sit. It can't be hormones I wouldn't think cause I still have one ovary...anyway

Going insane.......someone give me some zzzzzzzz's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh to sleep again!

Hi
I'm sorry to hear about your sleep problems. My sleep schedule has become all messed up too--I take naps when I feel tired, and then am up in the wee hours, then sleep late (with interruptions from my two hungry cats who want early breakfast), then nap in the afternoon, etc. etc. Here it is, 1:00 a.m., and although I'm tired I'm not sleepy. Come to think of it, I had some caffeine too late today, and should have thought of it. Arg.

Good luck getting back on a regular sleep schedule. I am hoping I can discipline myself to do that, too.

G'night,

kirinphoebe, formerly from Canada too
Unread 01-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Oh to sleep again!

Hi kirinphoebe

Glad you are getting naps during the day...... I don't even sleep then. I think our cats must be related... my two wake me in the morning too.. when I finally get some sleep. Hey I went out to dinner today and I just remember the waitress kept refilling my coffee cup before it was down halfway.. I am sure that is not helping... but I need an excuse for every other night *lol*

Sweet dreams to ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Oh to sleep again!

I am six weeks post op and slept like a baby the first week and a bit. Must have been the lingering narcotics and anesthetic in my body.

Since then, I have gradually had more difficulty GETTING to sleep. Like you, I feel tired in body, but not in mind! My body wants rest and sleep, but my eyes, mind and head say...ARE YOU KIDDING...THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO AND SO MANY THINGS TO SEE AT 1 AM!

It is really driving me crazy at this six week mark!! I don't nap during the day at all, but I rest a lot! The couch has become my best friend. It comforts me, swaddles me, and is always there when I need it!

Anyway, I am not sure what the answer is to this horrible situation. I think it has to get better once we are more mobile! I figure once my kids go back to school on Tuesday, I will be up at the crack of dawn and that will help with the sleep issues at night.

If you find a "cure", let me know! Otherwise, good luck and best wishes !

Sleepless in BC

Sarah
Unread 01-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Oh to sleep again!

Wish I had the answer for getting some well needed zzzzzz's.
Doozed off about an hour or two ago for maybe10 or 15 minutes and can't seem to fall back to sleep. Been like this for almost a week. I do nap a little during the day, or should I say I pass out from exhaustion but it doesn't last long. Not long enough to feel refreshed anyway. HELP!
Unread 01-03-2005, 04:20 AM
Oh to sleep again!

I thought I was the going to breeze through this hysterectomy with absolutely no complications. I felt for all the sisters that bled, had stitches appear, had swelly belly etc. I had NOTHING. Well I'm almost 6 weeks post op and just started the sleepless nights. Sleeping has always been one of my favorite pass times and have never had trouble. I don't nap. I am busy, busy all day. If anyone has any suggestions other than meds PLEASE let me know. I am a high school librarian and I go back to work full time today. I can only hope the exhaustion of a full days work will set in tonight. I watched EVERY HOUR go by last night! I'm not kidding!
Unread 01-03-2005, 04:36 AM
Oh to sleep again!

I'm still awake three hours later, no rest for me all night either. Anyone have any suggestions?
Unread 01-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Oh to sleep again!

I consider one of my hobbies as sleeping . But I have been plagued as well with sleep-i-tis. I have tried everything, chamomile tea, almonds,a nip of sherry, brisk walk in the night air, bath, deep breathing etc...no zzzzzzzzz's. I find it very concerning as in a few weeks I will be returning to work and know I will not be able to function on 3 hours of "beauty rest"

If anyone out there has any idea's would love to hear them............

Just Susan

Unread 01-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Oh to sleep again!

Well here it is 4:29 am.. and I am still awake... tried laying in bed... tried laying on the couch.. tried watching tv... here I sit again. I even took a gravol because they always put me asleep... guess what.. didnt work at all.

Sighhhhhhh
Unread 01-04-2005, 01:44 AM
Sleepless Susie

I'm right up there with all of you...I rarely nap and I get about 4 hours of sleep per DAY. I am exhausted.

In the good news department, two days in a row I have dozed off while on the couch, so maybe I'm turning a corner? (I say that as I am wide awake and typing this at 12:40 in the morning! aarrggghhhh!)

My doctor keeps telling me it is a post-reaction. I just want to know it will end soon!

Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register