revenge of the mutant eyelashes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

revenge of the mutant eyelashes revenge of the mutant eyelashes

Unread 01-03-2005, 02:57 PM
revenge of the mutant eyelashes

In the category of be careful what you wish for...I'm ten weeks out from my final chemo and my eyelashes are still pretty short, except for these two bottom lashes on my left eye. They are incredibly long, at least twice as long as the other lashes. Luckily they're really light-colored at the ends or they'd look really bizarre. Anyone else have this?

My eye brows are pretty much back to normal. I did a little plucking over the weekend, and they look OK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 06:17 PM

Twofer,

I can identify with your predicament. Take a deep breath. This too shall pass.

Your neutron eyelashes will probably soon resolve themselves into new, glamorous, longer than normal eyelashes. I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you and my eyelashes are now longer than they were pre-chemo. Let's hope this lasts!

In the meantime s!

mim
Unread 01-04-2005, 07:46 AM

Hi Mim

I had my last chemo on 11/4. I too have the stragler long lash. One on the top left and one on the bottom right. New lashes are growing in, but still shorter than normal.

Eyebrows are totally in. Pretty scraggly looking, so I will probably have to tweeze soon.

How's your hair doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2005, 03:27 PM

no stragly eyelashes here, folks. But they ARE indeed coming in thicker than previously. The things some folks will go thru for the sake of better lashes!

Warning to those of you who are getting ready to pluck the few stray eyebrows...I'm warning you, pardner..be careful! When I tried to pluck, it hurt sooo bad. Firstly, the hair was sooo silky that I couldnt' get the tweezers to hold on to it. THEN when I finally DID get one of those suckers....*OUCH*!! That hurt! It was much less painful to go get them waxed.

Goood luck!

K9
Unread 01-05-2005, 01:40 PM

Hey Basket!

I vividly remember counting my last remaining eyelashes. 2 on the left and 6 on the right. Your glamorous new ones should be appearing soon!

Hugs!
Unread 01-05-2005, 03:41 PM

Has anyone noticed, during they lash regrowth, the discomfort that accompanies them "popping out"?

I could feel it before I even saw new growth..the itchy, slightly burning sensation. Curious as to if anyone else felt that?

K9
Unread 01-05-2005, 04:12 PM

I've never felt anything either as my hair was about to fall out or now that it's growing back in.

On the eyelash front: my two mutant lashes seem to be getting darker closer to the bottom, or maybe they are just =growing ever longer. If only the rest of my eyelashes would do that...Of course, with my luck, they'd be so long theyed get tangles in them.
Unread 01-05-2005, 05:29 PM

K9

I haven't felt anything at all as my eyelashes started sprouting. The only discomfort I ever had was when my hair started falling out. My scalp was really sore.

As of now, my hair has grown back to the point of very heavy peach fuzz. I even used the hair dryer on it today. Unfortunately it is growing back coarse, wiry and curly. Oh well...just glad to have it.
Unread 01-06-2005, 10:10 AM

K9,

I thought it was my imagination but, yup, I had some of that regrowth itchiness too.
Unread 01-11-2005, 10:51 PM

Hi Twofer's..
Glad to know that the eyelashes will return. (hearing from those a few weeks ahead of you.. and me for that matter)

After my last treatment, I thought.. "hey, eyelashes have hung in there, cool" But they've gone since then, and I like you have a couple of long ones. Along with these tiny little nubs here and there.

I did ask Doctor about when they come back fully. I was told it takes two to three months for them to be back in "normal growth" mode.
You are almost there!!

K9, so glad to hear they are better than ever! Gives my little "mutants" hope!

xo Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register