bleeding internaly caused a second emergency surgery and 2 days in icu. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding internaly caused a second emergency surgery and 2 days in icu. bleeding internaly caused a second emergency surgery and 2 days in icu.

Unread 01-03-2005, 01:58 PM
bleeding internaly caused a second emergency surgery and 2 days in icu.

hello ladies .My name is mary and I just got out of the hospital sat.night. My tah was mon. the27 of dec.When I got back to my room after recovery, my husband and I WATCHED THE MONITORS FOR 7 HOURS AS MY BLOOD PRESSURE DROPPED TO 53 OVER 47 and my pulse rose to 150. My temp was at 102. Ikept calling the nurse in to help me as i felt i was dying. she told what did i expect as i just had surgery as she rolled her eyes at me and said she has other paitience besides me and left.My DR. came back into check on me 7.5 hours after my first surgery;he called the nurse in and asked her how long i had been like this and she said she couldnt remember .He told her to go get my info for the day and she said she couldnt as she forgot to log anything on me.HE then asked her why my iv was drippingon to the floor and she said I was moving to much so it would have to stay that way.Well he ordered her to fixit. AT this time I had the anistesiologist and 2more nurses and they were trying to get an iv in for a 2nd surgery. My veins had collapsed and in my legs also.They said they will do it in o.r. and they did a second surgery and took out 750cc of blood and fixed 2 bleeders. Then i spent 2 nights in icu .4 nights in O.B.Doc said they gave mr 2 units of bood.My freinds and family held aprayer vigile for 2 days. They prayed and praised GOD for all things and situations knowing he is sovergn. Well thats my story. i had tah, bladder repair and cyctocle and rectocyle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 02:05 PM

Hi Mary,
For starters WELCOME!! We love new members and thanks for sharing your story. Praise God for saving your life!! I am so glad you made it and I hope that nurse has to go through what she put you through! I just cannot imagine having to go through what you have gone through, I feel so bad. How are you doing nnow? You are a very special princess, and you need to follow our simple rules...You have to rest, drink water, rest, and little teeny walks if you are able. And then rest some more....

Hugs to you Sweet Mary!!
Kat
Unread 01-03-2005, 02:25 PM

Hi Mary!
So sorry to hear about all of the problems you have experienced. Thanks to the Man upstairs that you are on the road to recovery from that awful nightmare! Ditto to what Kat said about the resting etc., and just know that everyone is here to support you; just come to the site whenever you feel up to it. Please keep us posted on your recovery. I'll say some prayers for you, and take good care of yourself. The worst is over.
Caroline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Bleeding Internally

Mary,

Glad you are on the road to recovery now and hope all goes well after your second surgery. First if your husband was there to witness this repeted calling of the nurse and telling her you were feeling bad you have a witness to the fact that they were not taking care of you properly. 2nd i would file a formal complaint with the hospital and against this nurse personally. I would then tell the hospital that i was not going to pay for the additional days you had to spend in the hospital due to their employees negligence. Unfortunatly you cannot sue (sp) the hospital or the nurse since you did not die (had an experience with a hospital and a family member due to their negligence also)and the lawyer said no lawsuit unless ya die great hey? But thank goodness you didnt die and are around to at least try to prevent this from happening to anyone else in the care of this nurse and hospital by filing a complaint. I know nurses are overworked but this kind of repeted disreguard for your well being should not be tollerated by anyone. I wish you luck in your recovery and hope this nurse never works again.
Tango
Unread 01-03-2005, 02:42 PM

Hi Mary,

So glad you're here to share this story. I hope you get a lawyer.
Unread 01-03-2005, 03:28 PM

Gosh, I feel like grabbing that nurse's neck!!!:burning:

I'm glad you are on your way to recovery, Mary. All the best!

Vera
Unread 01-03-2005, 04:28 PM

Oh my goodness! I just got chills reading your story. I'm glad you are okay. Praise God!

I think my DH might have gone bolistic on that nurse. It is sickening that she is even there. I agree that you should file a formal complaint with the hospital. She doesn't need to be there putting other people's lives in jeopardy.

Take care. I will pray that the rest of your recovery goes well.
Unread 01-03-2005, 04:37 PM

Mary,

I am sooo glad you are okay after all of that! It must have been scary, frustrating and very dehumanizing to be brushed off like that. Like you are just a number on the ward!

Please take care of yourself now. It sounds like you have a supportive, loving family and I hope they can give you some support at home now.

We sisters are REALLY glad you are okay and pulled through it!

Not to get your about it now that you are recovering, but when you are feeling up to it, I would write a complaint letter to the hospital with regards to what happened to you. They can't get away with that!

Anyway, pamper away sister! Let us know how you are doing because we care about you!

Best wishes,
Sarah
Unread 01-03-2005, 07:02 PM

Welcome Mary, we are glad that you are here, literally!
Girl, you have been to hell and back and I am so glad that you are alive! Definately praise God, he was there looking out for you even though that nurse surely wasn't.
I hope you take it easy and come and let us know how you are doing every now and then
Unread 01-03-2005, 07:41 PM

Mary,

I am sitting here in shock that you went through all that and the nurse did not realize what was going on... or care for that matter! They are trained to watch for that kind of post op drop in BP and temps. I am just shocked.

Did anyone explain the nurses lack of interest to you, or even appologise for it? Well maybe that would mean admission of guilt in the lack of care you received, I am not sure. Wow.

I am three weeks out and this site has been a life saver for me. Make sure you go to the check points they have on the site for you to know what you should, and more importantly, should not be doing.

Good Luck in a speedy recovery and post in here often. There are SO many wonderful women in here... and they are all very quick with a reply and good answers!

Take care!

Andi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register