3 weeks today - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks today 3 weeks today

Unread 01-04-2005, 05:35 AM
3 weeks today

Oh how I know those pains! I've been having the same ones - kind of feels like my insides are on fire and are going to fall out!! Every once in a while I suddenly flinch when I get that jab/stab pain. Last week I bought an abdominal support (I got mine at Walgreen's) and it's been a tremendous help - it definitely provides some counter pressure on the swelly belly and gravity. I have to be careful though - because it relieves a lot of the discomfort I may try to do more than I should. If you don't have one it may be worth a try - it's really helped me a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Congratulations to Three Weekers!

Hi
Everyone:

I'm new to HysterSisters and this has been a God Send! I am also at my three week point (Dec. 14, 2004) and have been getting the annoying headaches and nausea. How do you get rid of this and is it normal? Otherwise, I have been feeling stronger with each passing day. My family has been very helpful and considerate during the entire process.

Unbelievably, my first post-op appointment has been scheduled for Jan. 20th. I was told that everything was removed (because the original diagnosis was ovarian cancer), that the onco/gyn could not find any cancerous cells and the the original biopsy was negative. The final results and details will be giving to me on the 20th. I have learned a lot from reading the messages posted in this website. Thanks Sisters, it has been enlightening for me! I have a bunch of questions for the doctor for this upcoming appointment, so if you have any suggestions about things I should ask, please post them. This post op appointment is extremely important to clarify all doubts.

I am from Puerto Rico (haven't seen anyone else from here) so to all: A very Happy New Year filled with health, love, and peace and may rays of tropical sunshine help you during your recovery!

rosie56 TAH/BSO
Unread 01-04-2005, 09:50 AM
3 weeks today

Hi sisters.

Three weeks post op tomorrow. TAH, one ovary left. Swelly belly is my main complaint. I start the day well and by mid afternoon I begin to suffer. I have been out for two small walks today, and I feel alittle stronger daily, but still amazed at how little I can do.

I have a dreadfull headache today but wont worry as I have read alot of you are having them.

I havent seen the GYN or my Dr since the op and in England we dont have a check till 6 weeks post op. It seems a very long time. If it was'nt for all the sisters help I truly think I would be lost and very lonely.

Thanks sisters for your help and support.

x x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2005, 10:05 AM
3 weeks today

I will be at the 3 week point Thurs- can't believe how many women spent the holidays healing. Can't say I am experiencing the swelling belly- actually the opposite. My uterus was fused to my colon (had lost 10 unneeded pounds preop) and now have lost about 3 more. I eat-I lose it. Now dizzy this week and wonder if it is dehydration. I am drinking water and boost galore -just fans the flames. Call in to the doc -waiting to hear. TAHO Dec 16.
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Three weeks

Yea for us. I am also at three weeks. Time sure does fly. Glad to hear so many are doing well. I am just tired real easy and a little sore. I had A & P Repairs also so the stitches feel kinda funny. Hopefully all of us will continue to do well and the next three weeks will also fly by.
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:43 AM
3 weeks today

38 yr old LAVH 3 weeker here. Today is my 2nd day at work (desk job). I feel pretty good - am starting out part time this week, and hopefully can work full time next week. The commute is the worst part (potholes - ouch!).
Unread 01-04-2005, 12:27 PM
3 weeks today

I am 3 wks out today healing from a LSH and unexpected adhesion repair. I have an appt. with my Doc later today. I seem to have good and bad times throughout everyday. My legs seem to get tired easily. I used to walk 2 mile nearly every morning on my treadmill and have a semi active job. Now going to the grocery store and puttering around the house makes my legs tired. I don't need a nap but on the nights that I sleep, I sleep 10 hours. I really thought that I would have more stamina by now. We will discuss my return to work and several other questions that I have wrtiten for her. I hope she has time to address my questions, I have only called her once since surgery. Report back later.
Nancy
Unread 01-04-2005, 12:58 PM
3 weeks today

Hi all,

I'll be three weeks on Thursday too. It is conforting to read that everything I'm experiencing is common to many of us. For me it is like they stabbed me with a pencil vertically from my belly down to my cervix. I do feel my cervix a lot and it makes me think of things I would rather not. I had a supracervical hysterectomy and removed my ovaries. Hopefully this feeling goes away soon. It makes me sad since it reminds me of the procedure and not having kids. I want to feel good SOON.

For my DH is very hard to see me like this. I was doing very well on my second week but it seems like a trip to the office last Sunday- did too much in one day- hurt me inside. My DH and I own a business and we are the two main contacts for our clients. He doesn't say it straigh out but he wants me to go back ASAP. I don't know when I'll be back but I feel the preassure to do it soon.

Take care sisters. Don't over do it or you will regret it. I sure did.

LOVE
Danna

PS. I'm from Puerto Rico too but live in Miami. I'm happy to see someone else from the Island found this wonderful website. Good luck to you and Feliz Dia de Reyes.
Unread 01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
3 weeks today

Back from 3wk. post op. appt. Doc says I am anemic. Prescribed Vitamins with iron, stool softner and another week off work. She thinks the weakness/tingling in my legs and fatigue is due to anemia and my body needing energy to heal. So I guess I have to accept that it may take me longer than some to get my energy back.
Hopefully my husband will also go back to work. He is self employed and hasn't worked much since my surgery. He doesn't need to stay around and help me but I think he likes not working. I don't want this procedure to break the bank. I have sick leave and an being paid full rate but it is definitly not enough to pay the bills. I don't know what they are going to do at work about my caseload but I guess they will figure it out.
Nancy
Unread 01-05-2005, 09:20 AM
3 weeks today

I was 3 weeks post-op yesterday (01-14-05) and am feeling good. Returned to work for 1/2 days today and so far am doing fine. Hopefully I will be able to return full time again next week which will be 4 weeks post-op for me. Also got released to drive on Monday. Hope everyone has a good recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register