3 weeks today - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks today 3 weeks today

Unread 01-06-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm at 3.5 weeks now

It's good to know that my fluctuating energy levels are normal. I try to walk a little every day, even if it's just a short trip through the grocery store.

I normally take a 2 hr. nap in the afternoon, and then sleep 8-10 hrs at night. (pre-op, I slept 7-8 hrs/night)

By evening, I'm pretty sore and swollen, too.....even if I don't do anything but putter around the house.

I'm excited to be feeling better, though.

Hang in there, sisters! We're healing up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2005, 07:53 AM
3 weeks--good news

Sisters!!! I got an abdominal support belt yesterday----WOW!!! It's makes such a difference!!!
To respond to some of you--I too have the sensitive skin thing---mostly in the evening- it's really annoying.
I also am having leg problems- the doc ruled out a blood clot (with ultrasound), now my foot gets tingly and my calf hurts--it's got to be a circulation problem and I"m hoping this tummy belt helps (although with support hose). argh!!!
Onward and upward!
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:07 AM
3 weeks today

Where did you get the support belt? What brand is it? Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2005, 10:07 AM
3 weeks today

It's so good to hear everyone else's stories and how they are doing. We have such a good group. Everyone seems to be doing pretty good all things considered. I haven't had so much trouble with swelly belly but I am still bleeding. Just curious to see if this was normal. It's about a full pantyliner per day so I don't guess its too bad. My doctor said I could take a bath when it stopped and ohhhh do I want a bath. Just wanted to see if anyone else was still having this. Best wishes to all on continued recovery!!
Unread 01-06-2005, 03:28 PM
3 Weeks Too

Hi guys!
I'm at three weeks yesterday. TAH-2 Os I am doing great, too. I was getting a little stir crazy today, so I drove to a little tea shoppe and had lunch. I never get to do stuff like that normally.
I have found that when I make myself get up and do stuff (lightly) that I have a good day. But then I'm tired the next day. I was able to put away the painkillers at day 6 and get by on Tylenol. Now I am just taking a couple Tylenol PM at night and nothing during the day. I was glad to read some of your post on leg weakness and tingling due to iron. My doctor put me on iron and vitamin C when I left the hospital as he suspected that I was a little anemic. I have only taken them every other day as they cause gas and constipation. Maybe I should up that. Hmm.
Take it easy and spoil yourselves, too!
Shelley
Unread 01-06-2005, 04:13 PM
3 weeks today

Hi All,
I bought a "Futuro" support belt at Walgreen's - the cost was just under $30 and has been worth every penny!!!! They come in S/M/L sizes - I suggest checking it for size before buying - the lady in the pharmacy thougth I'd need a large, but it wouldn't have given enough support for me. It really helps hold everything in/up, relieves the pain and I don't feel like my insides are going to fall out! I have to remind myself though that I'm still healing and need to rest - with that pulling pain relieved I have tendency to be more active than I should!
Unread 01-06-2005, 04:36 PM
3 weeks today

I am also 3 weeks out! This site has helped me so much- I realize I am not crazy!!! This week, I have been exceptionally tired, but I have also had terrible insomnia since I came home from the hospital. My doctor checked my hormone levels on Mon., but I have not heard from him yet. I still have both ovaries, yet I had terrible hot flashes for about a week and a half. I am also having the same sharp pains from time to time, but mostly I feel like I have beat with a bat in the abdomen! I feel so much better than I did even a week ago, however I am realizing this is a long and slow process(YUCK!) Good luck and I am praying for you all!
Unread 01-06-2005, 04:37 PM
3 weeks today

I hit three weeks on Monday and boy, what a difference from week 2. It's like I turned a magic corner at 3 weeks, not that I'm even at 75%, but I can be on my feet for more than 5 minutes without needing to sit down NOW!

Short walks to the park four blocks away the last two days have been bearable and I just can't wait to be physically active again. It's so good to see all of your posts and know I'm not the only one doubling over and trying to cough "softly" when the need arises. And now the tingling in the legs has been explained! I guess those iron supplements are helping because I haven't had the tingling for a few days now.

Hugs to all on the road to recovery,
Amy
Unread 01-06-2005, 06:06 PM
3 weeks today

Quote:
Originally posted by ITlady
I am amazed at the people who are back at workafter three weeks! How is that working out for you?
Mon. Jan. 3rd was my first day back at work (deskjob), exactly 3 weeks after my LAVH. I feel lucky to have had an awesome gyn/onc at a great hospital and an uneventful recovery, compared to some I've read about here. Today I feel really good, and altho I left work early Mon. and Tues. (I also have a great boss), I think today I will make it to the very end and then go out and see a movie with DH afterwards!

I lost a few pounds after the surgery (yay!) and don't have a swelly belly anymore. The only thing I notice now is that I still need a little extra sleep at night. I'm 38 years old and was in pretty good physical shape prior to surgery (worked my horse every day after work), which I like to think is the reason my recovery was uneventful.

Best wishes to everyone!
Unread 01-06-2005, 11:15 PM
3 weeks today

WOW...lots of us 3-weekers out there!!! Hi everyone

I have to say that I "was" feeling much better last week than I am now, but this bacterial infection I've picked up has my system completely run down. To top it off, I have a terrible cold that started in my chest, moved to my head, now back to my chest. I have coughed and sneezed sooo much in the past few days that my lower incision is now purple at the seam. I just hope I haven't "popped" anything in there, that hasn't healed yet.

I am really feeling discouraged right now, after having done so well. I had a good cry, and continue to hug my belly everytime I cough.

Despite all of this, I am still managing to do some light housework and meal prep. I just don't want to stay "down" and feel that if I do a little, then my body will kick in to gear. I do notice, however, that by afternoon I just have to stop. I no longer feel guilty about looking around and seeing what needs to be done. I know it'll be there, when I'm ready, and the kids and hubby have been good at at least "trying" to make things look tidy lol

Right now, I'm just on pins and needles until my 2nd appt next Tuesday. Doc is hoping one week on these killer antibiotics should do the trick *fingers crossed*

*hugs* to everyone who is recovering!

Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register