8weeks out & feel awful! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8weeks out & feel awful! 8weeks out & feel awful!

Unread 01-04-2005, 02:01 AM
8weeks out & feel awful!

This is the week I see the doc on Thursday for my release to work. But physically I still feel achy and can't do much after 3 hours!! How can I possibly work for 8 hours standing up? Here are some of my symptoms:
Backache, slight pull in the cervix area (not only when I pee..again..but when I am sitting especially), pains in my lower gut, my thighs ache and pull also.

Last week I had severe pains right in my bellybutton. Felt like a knife just sitting in there. That finally went away. It wasn't constant but at least a few times daily.

I can't imagine taking more time out of work. Should I still be taking ibuprofen regularly for the aches? I haven't been taking pills only if it's unbearable, mainly at night I need to. I think lack of excercise might be the problem but I dread going to work and over doing it to be out another few months!!

Is it normal to still be so drained and achy all of the time at 2months out? My doctor is one of those that waves her hand and said "You will be fine." I am mentally psyching myself out that this is worse than it is I know!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2005, 05:55 AM
8weeks out & feel awful!

I just had to reply to you bunny nose. I know how you feel. I was also getting all worried about going back to work and I know my job isn't as hard as yours. Please try to not worry. And why not take something for the pain if it is there? It will help. Sometimes when we build it up in our minds it truly adds to the physical. I will be thinking about you and hope that if your Dr. clears you to work that means there is nothing that is amiss with your healing process. Just try to take it easy and maybe people will suprise you with helping you through your day. Good luck and let us know.
Unread 01-04-2005, 06:17 AM
8weeks out & feel awful!

I am also 8 weeks out today (surgery 11/9). I've been working since the 10th day. I feel awful too, with alot of the same symptoms as you have. I just came in to work 15 minutes ago and am tired already just from the 30 minute drive. I made an appt. to see my doc on Thurs. I am also depressed-seems to be getting worse (something I've never had a problem with). I was energetic and rather upbeat before this surgery and I hope to be myself again soon. Good luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2005, 07:32 AM
8weeks out & feel awful!

You just need to be blunt and honest with the doc and let him know exactly what you feel like and that you can't even handle activity for 3 hours and your job is nothing but activity working at Walmart!
Don't push yourself to go back to work, you don't want to end up worse than you are now doya? Please let us know what the doc said.
Unread 01-04-2005, 08:13 AM
8weeks out & feel awful!

I was going to suggest maybe you could work half days, but then somebody mentioned you work at Walmart. I don't suppose they're very flexible, are they?

I went back to work at 6 weeks feeling pretty good. The first week back was hard. I should have done half days at least for the first 3 days.

I'm reaching 11 or 12 weeks now (starting to lose track.) I noticed I had a lot more aches and pains during the holidays, which I had off from work with nothing to do because it rained all day every day. I think working distracts me from the little pains, and not working makes me blow them up in my mind a bit.

That's not to say that your pain isn't a real problem, but if you absolutely can't avoid going back to work, maybe it won't be as bad as you fear.
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:21 AM
8weeks out & feel awful!

My husband got home from work this morning just in time to take the girls to school. I was laying on the couch and was watching a video. He attempts to make like he "wants" something. I told him I have that stabbing pain in my incision again, hurts when I move so I am vegging out. He gets huffy and goes upstairs to bed. I still have over 25 vicodin left so I take one. Helps a bit but that pain is something awful.

Must be the aftershock of doing 5 loads of laundry, up and down the basement stairs at least 5-6 times yesterday. I only lifted 1/2 baskets up. Made the kids put them all away when they got home from school. I know it's the feeling useless at home phase I am going through. I don't mind vegging out in front of the tv, not one bit. But then I get funny looks from my husband and kids...like aren't you done yet? My eldest complained about me not thinking of going back to work. She misses her allowance! Well at 14 it's all about them!

I did talk the doctor into the extended 2 weeks, she gave me the green light on Dec. 20th to go back to work...don't think so. I work in returns, not dealing with that stress! My husband offered for me to stay home longer to get fully rested up for work. He wants me to be out for a few months! Don't think financially that is too wise. Income tax refunds are very nice for us, but not that nice for me to have him work and complain about how he does everything!!! Taking more time off is never a problem for me. I have the ability to be off for up to a year with the company. The sad thing is I haven't stepped foot inside the place since the first week of December. Got sick of the comments about where I have been, when will my vacation be over? The rudest is the manager that drills me the most, you'd think a lady with as many kids as me would be kinder to my problems at home?

Well enough droning on again. Thanks for the advice ladies!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register