emotional breakdown - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

emotional breakdown emotional breakdown

Unread 01-07-2005, 05:46 PM
emotional breakdown

Dear ((((Kate)))) you certainly have been through a lot in the past month or so

This surgery can take a lot out of us and, especially the ovaries are also removed, it can wreak havock with our emotions. Our bowels are also very sensitive to our moods. So this could all be related into a vicious cycle of pain and emotional breakdown.

When you saw your GP, did you mentionned how fatigue and sleep deprived you are? Sleep depravation can also result in a depressive state: it's soooo much hardy to cope when you haven't been sleeping enough (I know, I've been known to do that, a lot). Did your GP recommend any therapy or meds to help with the depression?

(((Kate)))) Your husband could be right: you are still very early in your recovery and there's still time for things to improve. However, do be sure to work with your doctor on this and to have your HRT reviewed, just to ensure that you're getting the right amount of hormones.

Sending lots of s your way. Please do keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2005, 12:34 AM
emotional breakdown

Hi Kate.

First let me say,"I hear you." I have had nightmares for years. I cannot take perscription sleep aides, I don't want to become an addict. I take a natural pill called Melotonin. It works. I take 1 tab about an hour before bed, sleep all night, with no after effects the next day.

Secondly, I believe it is hard on us to deal with the fact that our "woman" oragans have been removed. I feel angry and frustrated and cheated. But you are a survivor. We all are! We have gone through (and survived) what ALL women fear. Now is the time to let your body (all of it -emotional side too!) heal.

Take some time for yourself, write in a journal daily to express your innermost thoughts and feelings. Take a walk in nature and breathe the air, watch the clouds, smell the flowers or chase the blowing leaves.

Finally, if you need an ear, or shoulder - I offer mine. Anytime, anyday.

Take care of yourself, and PLEASE , keep in touch.
Anne
Unread 01-08-2005, 05:38 PM
emotional breakdown

Hey Kate,
Don't know if this is a ,

After an endometrial ablation attempt last year, all I could do was cry, cry, cry.

Talk about emotional.

I was evaluated by an endocrinologist, (my choice), because I don't have my thyroid gland and I really needed to see if anything else was wrong with me.

Your thyroid controls a WHOLE LOT, so if it is not performing properly, everything else seems to go awry, too.
I did have a few minor problems, so it was a big help on the road to recovery.

I will share that I also went for psch. consultations and it was determined that Zoloft would help me, as I was clinically depressed, and didn't know it.

You might feel better if you can address healing your whole body system. I'm not saying that anything else is wrong.
As the others have said, you need to ALLOW yourself time to heal.
We are here to support you. Please keep in touch to update us.

I am just offering my opinion, NOT medical advice.

Take Care,
Marcia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register