Dance Revolution!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Work it Out - Fitness in Action

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dance Revolution!!! Dance Revolution!!!

Unread 01-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Thumbs up - Dance Revolution!!! Dance Revolution!!!

Wow, have you guys seen this? It works with your tv and Playstation or Xbox and some other ways too, I think.
There's a mat you stand on & a disc you insert into the player. It plays upbeat music & you watch arrows on the screen that tell you where to step on the mat. So you're stepping your left foot out and then your right foot back etc...all to the beat of the music. No dancing ability required but boy, if you aren't coordinated it'll show!
Various levels mean it would be challenging for even very fit folks, but the beginner mode was doable for a clutz like me.
Did it this morning with a friend and before we knew it an hour had passed & we had really worked up a sweat!

What a fun way to get a workout!

xena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Dance Revolution!!!

Xena,
That does sound like fun!!! Dancing is one thing I do like to do, body aches permitting. I may check it out the next time I'm at the store. Do you know where I would look? Is it considered a fitness tape?
Unread 01-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Dance Revolution!!!

Hi Kim! Yipeee, I hope you get to try it!

http://www.ddrgame.com/index.html

I just ordered one today for myself from the website above. I don't have a Playstation 2 or an X-box so I got the one that is just for tv. You just plug it in to the television. It runs on batteries & I called the company to ask how long batteries last & she said 5-6 hours. Not so long, so I'm going to get rechargables! I can't wait to get it!

My friend got hers at Best Buy but she has Playstation 2. I'm not sure if BB has the kind that requires only a tv.

Some of them are quite pricey, but there seem to be many levels. The website above has the tv one for around $46., shipping included. It's SO much more fun than a treadmill or anything else I've done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Dance Revolution!!!

Thanks Xena! I'm going to check it out and see if Best Buy has it this weekend.

I saw the prices on some of those.

I'll let ya' know if I become a dancing fool or not.
Unread 01-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Dance Revolution!!!

You can actually buy this? I have seen it in "arcade" type places and was just amazed at the young folks (hee hee) doing this. I thought it was really cool. DH feel in love with x-box when DgS was over for New Years... hmmm.

This is really do-able.

Xena!! Thanks for the idea -- really cool. Going to discuss with DH how we can add this on to our routines.

Sue
Unread 01-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Dance Revolution!!!

I actually saw it in action, X-Mas Eve: somebody had brought it to the office's Children X-Mas Party. It looked hard, though: one of our Co-Op students was doing it, and she seemed to be having a hard time.

BTW, I'd love to get one... but that would mean fighting for the game console/tv with DH and DS
Unread 01-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Dance Revolution!!!

I bought one yesterday on e-bay for 24.95 + shipping. Can't wait to get started. Should have seen the look on my hubby's face when I told him he was going to learn to shake his booty
Unread 01-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Dance Revolution!!!

Ladies!!

I got this for my son and me. He's 8 and I'm 38, and we both LOVE it. It is fabulous and addictive.

I am really pleased that I'm far along enough in my recovery to do this, although not for long periods of time.

The DDR game I got (DDR Max 2 for playstation 2) has a "workout mode," where you can program in your weight & it tells you how many calories you've burned. I haven't accessed that function yet, but hope to do so soon.

Happy DDR'ing!
Unread 01-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Dance Revolution!!!

Exciting!!!! Never thought of ebay, good idea!!

Dany, there are different levels. Beginner has simpler footwork then the next one up. You can still get a good workout because you can choose what songs to dance to based on the number of beats per minute (it appears on the screen when you select a song). More beats, faster movement! I am a klutz, no lie, and I can see that I'll get the beginner down & may even graduate to "light" level!

Oh yeah, one other thing..it made me feel YOUNG!

Yes, happy DDRing!!!
Unread 01-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Dance Revolution!!!

Thanks for the E-Bay suggestion. Went on last night & purchased a set for the TV. I can't wait until it arrives. It'll be great to do something fun & it's good for you too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register