6 week...kept ovaries...having night sweats! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week...kept ovaries...having night sweats! 6 week...kept ovaries...having night sweats!

Unread 01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
6 week...kept ovaries...having night sweats!

Any sisters here having night sweats even though they have kept their ovaries?

I woke up drenched in the middle of the night and had to change my nightie!

Is this a sign of them not working or a sign that they have been fondled and aren't happy?

Thanks girls...

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2005, 02:03 PM

OK so now I get a chance to reply to your post

I'm not having this problem (at the moment) I don't know what my ovaries are doing. I think the left one has woken up as I had an ovulation type pain around 14/12. The right one just aches, but thats the one that had surgery done to it (normaly I can oly feel the right one ovulate, maybe my left one is feeling left out )

It could be both not awake yet and over fondle. Sometimes Dr's are will to give HRT in a very small dose untill your ovaries 'wake up' It may be worth the phone call to find out.
Unread 01-05-2005, 02:08 PM

I did have this problem at around week 2 post op ( I did also keep my ovaries). It lasted for about 1 week. I have not had it back. Maybe the ovaries are confused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2005, 02:21 PM

I'm hoping it's like everything else about this recovery - 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I don't know what mine are doing either. They seem to be wavering around a little.

I had one hot (warm) flash, week of surgery, then nothing...now this week a little of same, not much though. Just warm enough to throw covers off for 5 minutes, then fine. No night sweats. No signs of it during the day.

knock on wood.

joano
Unread 01-05-2005, 02:36 PM

My ovaries evidently staged a sit-in for the first two times I "would have had" a period after surgery. Night sweats each time around lasted about a week, though I can't say that I had any daytime hot flashes. Doc told me this was completely normal and could continue for up to 6 months post op. Since I'm not far from menopausal age anyway, he said if I had a problem past 6 months we could check my hormone levels and discuss options thereafter.

I haven't noticed any futher instances of night sweats since that second month, so do take heart that it may not be a permanent situation. If it is a longstanding problem, you might want to ask your doc or pharmacist if the over-the-counter soy supplements will interfere with any medications you are currently taking.

I had such a pre-op case of anemia that my hands and feet were perpetually cold - winter being the worst for my feet. Now that I've solved the anemia problem, whenever I am introduced to people and shake hands they comment on how nice and warm my hands are! I do find that I don't need as many layers of clothes to stay comfortable, and even when it's snowy and icy out I rarely button my winter coat.

Here's hoping you find relief soon!

Unread 01-05-2005, 04:15 PM

Sanguiness,

Funny you should mention that you had sweats around your supposed "period".

Now that you have put that idea in my head...January 8th or thereabouts, is when I USED to get my period. So...putting two and two together...maybe the sweaty night I had last night is a pre-menstral thing? I have also been feeling exceptionally tired today and a bit headachey!

I am going to track how many and how often I have these things over the next little while and see what it tells me.

Thanks for making me think about it!

Hugs,
Sarah
Unread 01-05-2005, 04:35 PM

Hey, that's the great thing about this site!

Everybody's got two cents' worth that might just be of greater value to the next gal!

Glad I could help you shed a little light on your mystery. Keeping track of things on paper is always a good way to approach your doc - then you're dealing in facts rather than feelings and they know how to judge if your symptoms are out of line for your stage of recovery that way. That goes for night sweats, sleeping difficulties, pain levels, fever, feeling depressed, anything. Doc's just love me because I'm such a compulsive list maker/calendar keeper.
Unread 01-05-2005, 05:15 PM

I am in it deep too!!! I am one month tomorrow post-op. I have the sweats in the night so bad, I have even gotten up and showered before. I seem to be worst about the 20th, (thats my ol'period time). Don't miss that at all. I also have scatered day hot flashes. One minute I am fine and next I am striping. My Dr said we will keep an eye on it.

Once again it is so nice to find others who are "dealing" with the same things.

Thanks for sharing,
Leslie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register