Weight Gain??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Gain??? Weight Gain???

Unread 01-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Weight Gain???

Isn't Juniper Lovely!!

Never knew the reason why, just that its there. I've lost a few pounds and think my jeans are gonna be comfortable, well they are in the legs and won't button at the waist. :hair: Makes me want to pull my hair out.
I can tell it is getting better in the morning , but by 10am its back. I've even had to go to a high cut brief panty instead of my usual bikinis. and a bigger size.

My loving husband without intending to comented: "You have a belly now." Na duh!!!! And when do you think he realized it? Men!!

I am hoping this gone soon. I finally gave up on the jeans and bought some nice heavy knit elastic waist pants. I feel good cause I'm semi dressed up and still comfortable.
Wondergram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Weight Gain???

I'm glad I could help.

I've been struggling right along with everyone.

I scheduled my surgery for August because I thought I'd be "fabulous" for the holidays, including a 20th high school reunion ... gah! was I wrong!

But I need to learn to be patient with myself - it's a hard lesson for me because I'm one of those people who is always pushing herself and holding herself to a pretty high standard and when I don't meet it (immediately!), I get disgusted with myself.

So take heart and treat yourself well - if you can't exercise your abs, concentrate on some arms stuff, or leg stretches to keep yourself limber and keep up good habits. Of course, paying attention to what we eat will help (I say this after eating a 1 lb. bag of miniature reeses all by myself this weekend!).

I had to buy bigger pants for my belly - but I bought all corduroy (sp?) ones - so I can't "grow into them" because I won't be able to wear them when spring comes! The good new is that I have more good days now then bad ones - so half the time these pants look super baggy on me!

Take care.
Unread 01-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Weight Gain???

As of March 1, I will have been on my Slim Fast diet for 2 years. I worked very hard on loosing what I could of my baby birthing belly. Total of 45 pounds, but now having the swelly belly is very depressing. I can still wear my pants from before the TAH on 11/30/04, but they are too tight to be comfortable. So, I too went and bought new stretchy pants for the office. I can wear my original clothes in the morning, but by afternoon, they are too tight. I only have one pair of jeans left from before I lost all of my weight, and I am quickly wearing them out as they are the only ones that fit now. I am glad to know it's not fat that I am seeing and it is either gas or the extra water. Thanks ladies for all of your help and support!

TAH/BSO 11/30/04 for endo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Weight Gain???

Yesterday I was wondering why my pants were tight on me around waist all of a sudden. I've been reading about "swelly belly" on this site for a long time, but didn't think it applied to me because my belly didn't look any different then it did before (its big anyway). But I actually felt this swelling yesterday and I know it wasn't weight gain because I've actually lost 18 lbs since my surgery (12/03/04). From now on I will keep an eye open as to when this happens to me.

I love this site, its so informative. Thanks
Unread 01-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Weight Gain???

Help!!!....I wasn't worried but now am feeling the hairs rise on my head! It's getting hard to breath!! I had a flat belly before my uterus got so big with fibroids. I hate having a belly! Now after surgery, my abdominal mucles are flat again (I've alway been very muscular) but I have what I "thought" was swelly belly from an inch below my belly button to my incision (I had a bikini cut). I call it the drop off! It protrudes out about 3/4 of an inch then all of a sudden goes straight towards my body into my insision. I know some of it is fat but was assuming most was swelly belly. I don't really mind if it was all fat except that the drop off looks so unnatural. I've been soooo.. looking forward to getting myself back to normal. I would rather have a pouchy belly than this cliff. I would HATE to be stuck with this shape! Please tell me if any of you have had a drop off and if it goes away. Can you have swelly belly on the outside of your abs?
Unread 01-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Weight Gain???

Phonix,
I have a cliff too, but I have always referred to it as my baby birthing belly. The top part of my belly was somewhat flat, but then there is a pouch. My son is 16 and I have never been able to get rid of the pouch. I hope you have better luck than I have had in getting it back to your normal.

TAH?BSO 11/30/04 39 years old with endo
Unread 01-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Weight Gain???

Thanks Juniper and all my sisters! I am 4 1/2 months out and I still have swelly belly, even though I go to Curves. I have noticed that it's worse after I work out and best when I first wake up in the morning. You all keep me going.

Debbi
Unread 01-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Weight Gain???

I had my surgery last April, and I have never weighed as much as I do now. I have trouble loosing now it seems. and yes, My belly is not as small as I'd like it at all. (and I even had a tummy tuck 6 yrs ago). Someone told me that it is similar to female "dogs" who gain weight and spread out after they are snorfleed.. Gee, I hope this is not true.. We have increasing age working against us for weight gain tendencies (well I do I am in my late 40s) as well. Any one else this long after surgery having trouble with weight gain? Kathie
Unread 01-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Weight Gain???

AHH ..."Swelly Belly"....it is so very frustating! I am almost 3 mo post op and have recently returned to work after having 2 months off. I work Mon thru friday and find that swelling is worst on Monday after the weekend off. I am sure it is due to being on my feet most of the day. I also work out 5 days a week for 45 minutes and have lost 22 pounds since my surgery. Altho I am happy about the weight loss, I am extremely frustrated that I dont feel the rewards of the weight loss due to swelly belly. It is SO discouraging to fianlly lose weight and to have a swollen belly to show for all the hard work! I pray it passes quickly...because my will power is growing weak and I still have 20 pounds more to lose! Any dieting suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because I SEEM TO HAVE REACHED a plateau and want desparately to keep losing. I wish you all comfort in your recoveries, and reduced belly swelling! Thank heaven for hystersisters...we are all in thsi together and it helps to have your support! Linda
Unread 01-12-2005, 06:31 PM
swelly belly

I have swelly belly, havent had my surgery yet. Is that possible? Could it be from the uterine cysts and pain and bleeding? I did try black cohosh, and it gives me so much gas and bloat, I stopped taking it. Could that be the culprit?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register