6 weekers please share how you are :) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weekers please share how you are :) 6 weekers please share how you are :)

Unread 01-08-2005, 11:12 AM
6 weekers please share how you are :)

Hi gals,
Im at 6 weeks on mon! Im always in motion with having to tend to the kids. I feel great! The only thing is Im more constipated! My muscles right above my bikini line are still numb. Will that go away? Ive noticed Ive gotten a few killer headaches lately.My body reminds me when I push too hard. Cant wait to get back to work! I may regret saying that later:-)

~K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Hi everyone:

I'll be six weeks on Friday - I'm walking every day for an hour, and have started some easy core body exercises, as I still have back pain frequently throughout the day. Biggest change for me is regular bowel movements.. The things we're greatful for My fibroids were towards the posterior! Maybe that's why I have back pain too. I see my Dr. on Thursday.

Sleeping well, still want a nap during the day. Have noticed a few strong headaches this week for the first time... and in reading your posts It makes me wonder if it's related to the changes in my body due to the surgery... I had not put the two together. No mood swings since the first or second week post surgery.

I am surprised at how well our bodies heal. I still have a swollen belly, but it's getting better. Like some of you (most, I would guess), I still have a tender belly - feels bruised in spots. Incision healed beautifully, and I've had no spotting since week one. Tough decision but a good one.
Unread 01-08-2005, 12:15 PM
6 week retrospect

Hi Everyone

I am approaching 6 weeks on monday and feel really healthy and strong. Better than I've felt in 2 years!!!
I have no nagging issues with regards to surgical pain etc. I have my issue with my incision not healing and still requiring cleaning and packing twice a day, but for what it's worth I'd do this over again in a second to have my quality of life back like it is!! I feel so stupid for having put it off b/c of my fears and feeling guilty about being out of work where we are really short staffed. Everyone at my work survived and I will be much more productive now that I am not in pain and miserable any more. I hope others who are unsure will read this and understand that your health really does comes first and all other things like work and home obligations will be ok without you for a couple weeks. When I think of all the women who had babies and went on maternity leave without batting an eye about us at work it made me understand that my hysterectomy leave was just as important
as their time off to be with their new child. I have no more guilt and a better understanding about myself for having gone through all of this. Has anyone else had those feelings too?
My advice to anyone considering the surgery is to not be afraid and read the stories of all of us that did it despite our fears. We are here to help each other and support each other!!!
Take care
PJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2005, 12:34 PM

Hi! Wednesday will be my 6 weeks. I am 50 years old had TVH w/BSO, Cycstocele repair (w/sling), and rectocele repairs. I am feeling stronger every day. I am still have some bladder issues I hope to discuss with my dr. on Tuesday when I go for my 6 weeks checkup. I am still having to cath myself to empty my bladder 2-3 times a day. Overall I am feeling pretty good. I walk every day approximately 30-45 minutes (at the mall because it's cold here). I tire extremely easy though. I couldn't imagine being back to work full time yet. Luckily my dr. wants me to stay off work for 8 weeks. Like he says, I actually had 3 major surgeries at once!

Hope all is well with my hystersisters and their recoveries!
Unread 01-08-2005, 01:42 PM

Well I was 6 weeks on Wednesday and I feel I should soon be leaving this lovely place of hystersisters. My life is 100% back to normal. Hysterectomy was the word of the day at my house for the past 6 weeks but "recovery" and the whole hyster saga is slowly becoming less and less a part of my life. I have been back to work a week (well 3 days due to the flooding in our area). Back to family, back to it all. The only real mementos are my tiny purple incisions and being period free. I'm so glad to hear so many sisters doing as well as I am. This has been much easier than I ever imagined!
Unread 01-08-2005, 04:30 PM

JAAJ...

LEAVING US!!!

Don't leave us!! Even though you are doing great with your recovery, we sisters still depend on your support and advice as the weeks and months go on!

You can do soooo much for the newbies as they are just starting their journies! You can do soooo much for your surgery date sisters as they travel down the same road at the same time as you do!

Even if you just check in once a month...please don't leave!!

Hugs,
Sarah
Unread 01-08-2005, 05:57 PM

I'm 6 wks on Monday from LAVH. Funny that alot of you are complaining of headaches. I have also started having them the last couple of days. I kept my ovaries but saw Dr. for 6wk ck and he gave me a 3 mo. supply of estragen/progestrin for my night sweats and insomnia. Haven't decided if I'm going to take them or not yet. I'm 49 and Dr. left ovaries because of too much scar tissue to take them via LAVH. Bless him he didn't want to have to cut me open. Said they were healthy so don't know if I need the HRT. Had these issues before surgery. Any advice? Luckily Dr. is only allowing me to work for no more than 6 hrs. a day for the next 2 weeks, so returning to my full time job will hopefully be a little easier. God knows I still need those naps during the day. And like everyone else it is easy to do something when you know you can lay down and rest afterwards. Overall, feeling much better and even had sex for the first time which was a success. So glad I had this surgery. I haven't regretted it for a moment. Just sad that my princess days are over. I really enjoyed being taken care of.

Margi
Unread 01-08-2005, 07:55 PM

Don't know that our princess days will ever really be over... I like being spoiled and having the family help me more. My doctor told me not to vaccuum for three years (of course he winked at me when he said it...) That has been the hardest part is not vaccuuming! I am even dreaming about vacuuming, and not just my house, but hotels! Sick, isn't it!

7 weeks TVH with bladder sling, and still sore when I over do it. Each heals at their own unique pace. I am so grateful for this website, as I began reading it probably 6 weeks prior to surgery and I still read it 7 weeks after. Nice to know there are other people sharing the same frustrations and pains, and nice to have a great source of information.

Good luck everyone!
Unread 01-09-2005, 11:07 PM

Six weeks on Thursday, my 48th birthday! I have no regrets about the surgery either! I had a large, cantaloupe size Dermoid Cyst removed along with the left ovary, uterus, and cervix. The right ovary was fine and I kept it so I will not need HRT. I am still having very light discharge. Sometimes it's enough for a pad and sometime sit's not. I saw my Dr. last week for this and she said everything looked good and that this was normal. I am so tired of it and tired of being bored. I see the Dr. again on the 12th.

I can drive now but it's raining so hard here in the L.A. area I don't want to go outside even to walk! I still have a tender belly and it swells some at night but as badly as it did before the surgery.

I am more constipated too. Raisin Bran has taken care of my gas and bowel complaints and I am working on building the iron back up because I am a little anemic. That will make you tire out quicker than normal, but I am ready to be back to a normal routine.

I have enjoyed my time away from work but I do miss the people there. They've been great. They call and check on me and send me e-mails. I even went out a couple of times with our Human Resources Manager. I told her not to get any crazy ideas about me being back to work the next day. She laughed. She won't let me in the door unless I have a note from the Doc.

Overall though I am better and get better everyday. Hope all is improving with everyone. I want to make this year the best and healthiest of my life!
Unread 01-10-2005, 09:44 AM

doc appt tomorrow(tuesday) 6 weeks on thursday.
I have not had much in the way of princess time. My mother in law came for a week and a half(she had planned to stay for two but left early due to weather). which means I was thrown back into the fire. (4 kids 10,8,2,9months) the bigger two werent much of a problem and helped me when they could with the little ones. but they were also in school all day. husband at work all day. which leaves guess who to take care of things? I was feeling pretty good and thinking back to normal and looking forward to having sex again but this morning when I was trying to have a BM I started having a burning and a pain and I think everything is back where it was. I could be wrong. but something is now hanging again in my vagina. and it FEELS like there is something in my vagina. it would be the perfect ending to this day(and its only 10:40 am!) not sure if I should call the doc since my appointment is tomorrow morning. I would call my husband (a doc) but I am mad at him still from this morning. and he just gets mad when I call him with this stuff. I called him on Friday when I was having right sided pain and I took a pain pill and it wasnt cutting it. he was annoyed and said there was nothing he could do about it. so I dont bother him with it. well I guess its time to start lunch so the animals can go to bed and I can have my one hour(if I am lucky) of peace.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register