I want a BATH!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want a BATH!! I want a BATH!!

Unread 01-07-2005, 09:59 PM
I want a BATH!!

i tried to get the dr today, but missed him, gone for the weekend! i REALLY want to take a bath!!i had a tvh four weeks ago today and i have not had any trouble really. did anyone happen to bring it up with their dr? i obviously took showers already! but a bath sounds so good right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2005, 10:08 PM
I want a BATH!!

I want a bath too! I had my surgery on the 8th of Dec. I remember the Dr. saying something about a bath, now I just can't rememberwhat it was. It has been cold here lately, so I need one to warm up! Help us bath deprived sisters!
Unread 01-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I want a BATH!!

i know what you mean, i wanted a bath sooooo bad. my doc told me i had to wait at least 6 weeks for everything, and exactly on that sixth week i was in the tub, it was great. i would wait to jump in the tub until u speak with ur doc. im sure they have a good reason for not letting us take a bath.
luv ange 0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2005, 04:35 AM
I want a BATH!!

hi i know all are different but i am in england and had a bath every day from day 5 (now 15 weeks).i didnt have it to deep but enough to have a soak and onlt stayed in about 10 mins,also no bubblles of any sort and i am fine but you do need to check with your doc.i had a tah.
Unread 01-08-2005, 04:43 AM
I want a BATH!!

I understand completely

I am having a TAH on 28th of January and I am not allowed to have a bath for 6 weeks after...it was the first question I asked my Dr.....I usually have a bath every second day and I lay in it for about an hour it is my escape. I just don't know what I am going to do. You have my sympathies in having to wait but they say no baths because they want nothing in the vagina that may cause infection....bath water included.

Sasha
Unread 01-08-2005, 05:54 AM
I want a BATH!!

On my second week check up I asked my Dr. if I could take a bath and he said it would be OK. I also had a TVH. He is more concerned about the slipping in the tub than anything else so be careful. Hope you get the OK soon I am a bath person and the showers were great, but give me a bath anytime.
Unread 01-08-2005, 06:28 AM
I want a BATH!!

Well as iamblessed said, ts the slipping in the bath tub bit they worry about.

I know I just did it!! litrally ... Hit my ribs and forarm on the side of the bath and I am waiting for the bruises to show up (it should take about 10 mins with me)

I now feel quite shakey, scared me more than hurt I think as I have never done that before.

I don't think I hurt or pulled anything inside, but I will have to wait and see.

So even though I am over 6 wks, it can still happen even when you are cleared.
(My UK Dr/GP would only allow showers until now)

I did enjoy my first bath though
It was the getting out that was my downfall so to speak.
Unread 01-08-2005, 10:03 AM
I want a BATH!!

My dr. said I needed to wait til he checked the stiches at 4 weeks....... I know it's hard if you're use to taking baths. But, like all the things we have to refrain from, it's better to suffer a bit now than be sorry and suffer for a lot longer. That's what I keep telling myself............ with help from all my sisters here.
Unread 01-08-2005, 10:16 AM
I want a BATH!!

Thanks sisters! my mom went home today and thankfully my dh is not working this weekend. i was thinking i could sneak away for a bit and enjoy a nice long bath and let him deal with everything but i guess it will just have to be a nice hot shower! my dr has been real vage so i will have to call him on monday. i miss my mom already - the house is already a mess and she has only been gone for 3 hours!!
Unread 01-08-2005, 03:45 PM
I want a BATH!!

I had a TVH on Dec. 6th and I have called my Dr. to see if I can take a bath and they say not untill after my post op visit which is Jan 10th.I am like you all...I live for my baths!I cant wait to take one...maybe in just two days! GinaLee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register