Granulation Tissue | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granulation Tissue Granulation Tissue

Unread 01-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Granulation Tissue

I am going in for a second time in 2 months for granulation tissue to be burned off. Is this normal? I have bled now for 2 1/2 days, and have had alot of pelvic pain.

Also. I still have ovaries, and feel like I have a cycle still. Is this normal. No bleeding, just bloating and moodiness.

7 months out and ready for this to be over,
Shannon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Granulation Tissue

Hi ((((Shannon)))) I'm so sorry that you're still dealing with these issues, this long after your surgery

While my granulation problem was effectively delt with with cauterization, at my post-op appointment, I know that they can sometimes be very stubborn. Some women have required one or two treatments of silver nitrate. Hopefully, this next treatment will be the last <keeping fingers crossed>

I also kept my ovaries and, unless they are in shock or shut down after surgery, you will cycle. I've experienced from serious PMS symptoms to very mild symptoms. I agree that all the bloating and cramping, without the flow, is a very strange feeling.

Sending tons of s your way. Please keep us posted.
Unread 01-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Been there, done that!

Hi,
So sorry to hear of your plight. I had a hysterectomy 10 yrs ago and had granulation complications. My 4-6 week post-op recovery turned into 10 before I was finally allowed to go back to work. And then, almost one year after the surgery I had vaginal bleeding. Imagine my surprise! Went in, and it was granulations again, so I had some pretty extensive silver nitrate cautery. Never had any more problems after that. Take heart, it'll be over soon, I'm sure.
My ovaries were removed at the time of the hyesterectomy, so I can't comment on your feeling of monthly cycles still continuing. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Granulation Tissue

Hi,

I'm 31 days post hysterectomy and still bleeding (not much but constant).
I'm having my 6 week check up this week (at 5 weeks because I'll be back teaching by six weeks).
My guess is I have granulation and will require silver nitrate treatment.
MY question is how do you feel after a treatment? Do I need my DH to drive me to my appointment? Hour and a half round trip.

Jeannie
Unread 01-10-2005, 05:11 AM
Granulation Tissue

Jeannie,

Have you called your doc to let him know earlier that you were still bleeding? It is not normal for you to be bleeding that long after hyst and probably should have been taken care of sooner. I hope that everything is okay and that all you have to have done is the silver nitrate treatment and that it isn't anything else going on. Good luck.
Unread 01-10-2005, 05:16 AM
Granulation Tissue

hi,
i had LAVH in 2003.with a granulation problem,mine was in the vaginal cuff area, it was repaired 3 times. the third time was the charm.. the silver nitrite wasn't too bad and it was done in the office.
i too still have my right ovary and feel like I'm ging to "start". i also have a lot of pelvic right sided pain that sems to never go away! good luck with the granulation problem they will get it!
Unread 01-10-2005, 05:27 AM
Granulation Tissue

I thought having silver nitrate treatments was horrable. You can ask to have the spot numbed first. Last time the doc used some spray numbing stuff. I thought it was worthless and he said for me to ask for lidocane next time.

marla
Unread 01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Granulation Tissue

I had silver nitrate 4 different times over a 2-3 month period of time. The application of the silver nitrate did not hurt at all. The last time was the charm, apparently, as when I went in for a check up following the last application, the granulation was finally gone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register