vaginal burning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal burning vaginal burning

Unread 01-10-2005, 12:57 AM
vaginal burning

I had a TAH and gall bladder removal on 12/7/04, and I feel worse than I did at 2 weeks. I have taken it easy for the most part, but I went to my doctor at one week and this past Friday at 4.5 weeks. She said I was healing fine, but since I was having a great deal of pain in the genital area (esp. when urinating), she said I had a bladder infection and gave me a prescription for a 3-day antibiotic and a prescription for Premarin cream. I am still having the pain as much or even more and am really depressed. The skin all around the vaginal opening and my clitoris is red and burns. Before I went to see her, I tried Monistat cream extrenally, but little change or help. Any one have the same problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2005, 09:14 AM
vaginal burning

I'm sneaking up on my 8th week and I've noticed a bit of that burning on the external area also. Kinda feels like the start of a yeast infection...but then again...not quiet like it either.

I see my Dr in a few days anyway for another ck up...so I plan to ask then. It's not extremely painful...it just aggravates you every time you move or walk. Grrrrrr...... BUT...could something a WHOLE lot worse I suppose
Unread 01-10-2005, 10:32 AM
vaginal burning

I am going through the same thing! I am 9.5 weeks post-op and this is the worse symtom of my entire recovery! I tried Monistat last night and it was like pouring salt on an open wound. I have a call into my Dr. today...will let you know what I find out.

Fonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2005, 11:42 AM
vaginal burning

I just called my Dr and spoke to the nurse and placed an order for a round of Diflucan. It's good stuff. I've never been one for yeast infections anyway....maybe 3 in my whole life ever....and this will be the 2nd time after the hyst. using meds for it.

Guess it's due to all the " activity" going on in there during the surgery and healing afterwards.
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:53 PM
vaginal burning

I had the same problem when I resumed sex at 8 weeks.

I went to the doctor and she said that I had a bacterial infection and yeast infection - she gave me oral diflucan and metrogel.

It cleared it up pretty quick and I don't have that general itchy feeling anymore nor that burning after intercourse.

Check with your doctor, as home treating for only yeast may not clear up the problem. Talk to your doctor as well about perhaps adding pro-biotic supplements to your diet. Sometimes the antibiotics they give us at surgery time can cause a real disruption in the natural flora.

Take care.
Unread 01-10-2005, 01:06 PM
vaginal burning

Thank you all for your input. Went to the doctor today and starting medication for infection. Hopefully, relief will come soon. It's wonderful to have such wonderful sisters who listen and share.

Ginger

TAH and gall bladder 12/7/04
Unread 01-25-2005, 05:35 PM
vaginal burning

I hear you!!!

Itching, burning, driving me crazy!

Three weeks on Premarin cream - then twice a week.

Two days after I stopped the cream (end of 3 weeks) - yeast infection!

Feels like a constant battle. Surgery was 11 weeks ago.

Feeling really down -

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register