Night Sweats | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Night Sweats

I had a TVH in December, 2003. I haven't had any problems since then until now...In the past couple of weeks I have been having trouble sleeping. I have terrible night sweats and then I am freezing and my teeth are chattering. Is this the start of menopause? I am 45 and haven't really experienced any symptoms before this. My sleep is so interrupted that I wake up exhausted. My sister-in-law suggested I try a progesterin cream that you put on twice a day. It can be purchased at a health food stores. Any suggestions. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2005, 04:11 AM
Night Sweats

Hi Soukie

The night sweats and cold chills could be the beginning of menopause. I looked at your profile to see if you have kept your ovaries. If you could please take a moment and update that information, it sure does help when making replies

Assuming you have kept your ovaries , it could be that they are not producing enough estrogen to keep the night sweats away. Your doctor can order a FSH blood test to see how well they are working.

There are women who use progesterone cream to help balance out their estrogen. Some women do very well with progesterone and some women do not like the effects from it. Here is a list of low progesterone symptoms. Too Much/Too Little You can print this off and see if any other symptoms may apply.

I am not sure if progesterone alone would help you with the night sweats
It might be that a low dose of estrogen would ease that symptom. I would discuss with your doctor what you are experiencing and see what they might suggest.

Unread 01-10-2005, 05:16 AM
Night Sweats

Thanks for the info. I will speak with my doctor about this. My ovaries have not been removed just my uterus, cervix and one fallopian tube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Night Sweats

Hello Soukie

I can understand what you are going through. For the last six months I was getting maybe 4 hours sleep a night because of night sweats. When I got cold I froze like you. I was so tired and it was so hard to work and concentrate at my job as a nurse. I tried the lowest dose patch but it nauseated me. I have been taking estradiol 1mg. for about a month now. I take it after evening meal and I am sleeping long periods without hot flashes.
I do still get some flashing but no where to the extreme as before. I also took remifren over the counter for about a year and it helped hot flashes till I got closer to menopause. Hope you find some relief soon.

Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register