Hello from a fellow Hyster Sister post-opper ;) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello from a fellow Hyster Sister post-opper ;) Hello from a fellow Hyster Sister post-opper ;)

Unread 01-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Hello from a fellow Hyster Sister post-opper ;)

Holy Carp!
You have had your share of misery.
I just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best, and a easy path down this long and winding road of recovery. You do not need any more setbacks.
My hugs and prayers are with you
snickers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 08:19 AM

Geri,

You go girl! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall too! An attorney at your doctor's appointment! COOL!! Some docs need a little bit of, let's say, encouragement... I would also encourage you to find another doc not in this "boy's club". For the most part I have been blessed with great docs, but I, too, have had my share of bad ones. I'm glad you do have a great GI doc. Maybe he can help you find another GYN.
Unread 01-11-2005, 08:43 AM

Hi Geri,
Let me add my welcomes to the best place on the net!! I am another one, who like Marian is not leaving. We are going to be around a long time to torment each other and every one else!!

I could not have gone through this without this place, and believe me it is not just for post hyst problems. It is for life problems, there are many on here who find a place, to be, to discuss problems that are not related, and to find solace with other women who may not be going through the same things, but who appreciate the vastness of the changes this brings about.

You have a wonderful DH. Hang on to him....Sounds like he is not going to let you go through much, without being by your side!!

Hugs to you, grab a coffee, or tea, kick your shoes off and join in the fun!! Laugh, cry and just enjoy this place!!

Hugs to you
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 07:09 PM

Dear Geri,
Hurray for you and your DH. I actualy had my six week check up today even though it's not six weeks, until Friday. I am so glad I found this sight. I have had my ups and downs, But when you hear others stories, like yours you count your blessings. I have a great Dr. He is compassionate, and has stressed to me over and over, that this was major abdominal surgery, etc etc. he also has said, I am a man, we can't possably understand all you go through.

I told him about this sight, he was interested, and wrote it down to tell others.
Unread 01-13-2005, 02:20 PM

HI Geri,
How's it going for you today? I sure do hope that you get to feeling better real soon. Medical problems are really a bummer. I always tell myself...You know, somebody, somewhere has it worse.. and somebody always does. Tell your hubby that this southern girl here is so VERY proud of him for finding this site for you. What is so great about it is, when you feel bad, you can get on here and vent or just talk and then when you feel better, we are always here to just chitty chat or tell jokes. Or you may find yourself helping someone too. Now that is a good feeling. I remember when I was home on my 6 week leave. I totally relied on this site for answers and support. You just wouldn't BELEIVE how much it helped me. It will help you too. Hang out with us. You will see. Take care of yourself and stay in touch. Even if you don't have any issues one day, jump over to the friends without faces board and talk to us there.See Ya,
Sunshine 48
Unread 01-13-2005, 04:58 PM

Hello Sunshine 48,

Today was just one of those days. Feel like I've been hit by a train. Thank you so much for making me feel welcome here. I will absolutely go to the other boards and say heya!

I do have a great hubby. He is getting as much information from this site as I am. Most due to the fact that every time I read something that seems to pertain to my issues, I read them to him. He said he's happy to see me smile now that I know I'm not all alone in this. He also reminds me that I never was alone in the first place, but that he knows he can never understand fully what I'm going through.

This site has given me hope. Thank you to all of you.
Unread 01-13-2005, 06:00 PM

Hi Geri,

I just replied to your other thread about fatique. Now after reading this one and all you've gone though, no wonder you are so tired and still hurt! I agree with everyone else, get a new DR!

You do have a great hubby! My DH has been great through all of this too. He's treated me like a true "princess".

Take care and keep us posted. We are all here for you!

Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register