Latest Rude Comments - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Latest Rude Comments Latest Rude Comments

Unread 01-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Latest Rude Comments

OMG, that is HILARIOUS....!!!

Do these people actually hear what they are saying?

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Latest Rude Comments

OK... here's mine. My dad called the other day to leave a message and was "surprised" to find me home. When I said I had not yet gone back to work he said "Boy, you're really milking this aren't you?" I told him, that I had not yet been released by my doctor, and I hadn't even had my 6 week visit yet. To which he said, well, it's not like you do heavy lifting at your job, you looked fine to me the last time I saw you.
I didn't know he had a medical license. I was so angry, I made up an excuse to get off the phone.
Unread 01-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Latest Rude Comments

Quote:
Originally posted by 5152
Another, who thought she was soooo funny. "You shouldn't have used it so much".
I just have to wonder - what would she say to someone who needs a kidney transplant or heart surgery??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Latest Rude Comments

about the c section Even my Dr. says a c section is not the same thing.. much easier to heal from.... and his wife had a c section last year.
Unread 01-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Latest Rude Comments

Last night I visited a relative who was trying to give me chocolate. I told her that I'd have to pass because I wanted to get a good nights sleep, and the caffiene in the chocolate would keep me awake. She said,"you don't have anything to do tomorrow anyway!"

Gee, I want to keep some type of schedule!

She had a hysterectomy about a year and 1/2 ago. - I hope I don't forget so easily!
Unread 01-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Latest Rude Comments

Hi ladies,
I haven't had my TVH yet, it's on Monday. But I'm already getting some rude comments. I had a coworker (a guy) tell everyone who could hear, that I will return a ball of sunshine because the doctor will be removing my "Meanness". He also said that if I came back nice he was going to sign his wife up for one. I told him we should sign him up for a weaniectomy to cure his stupidity problem. I would have loved to *punch* . Thanks to this posting I am prepared for what type of comments I may come across pretty soon.

I'm so glad I found this sight. The wealth of help, knowledge and pure caring found here is unrivaled. Thanks everyone.

Soon-To-Be-A-Princess

Nicky
Unread 01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Wieniectomy! Good one

I keep getting comments from friends about how they expect me to be a ray of sunshine all the time now. Or how now I won't be *****y at that time of the month anymore. I'm so tired of these stupid comments, and I don't know what to say. I think they are under the assumption that I won't have PMS anymore. I still have my ovaries, so I'm assuming that I may still have PMS. I actually told someone yesterday that I will still be a ***** at certain times of the month, but that since I wont have a period it will be a surprise for everyone when and where. I actually was on day 3 of my period when I had the surgery, so that gives me some idea of when to watch for PMS.

Emily - TVH 1/10/05 for endometrial hyperplasia with atypia, kept both ovaries.
Unread 01-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Latest Rude Comments

OK... I have a new one.
This morning, I called my grandmother to check in. She was going on and on about what a trooper my SIL is because she just had a c-section (January 5th) and she is driving back and forth to the hospital to be with her new baby, who is still in the NICU. When I asked why she thought that was extraordinary, she said, "well, she had the same surgery as you and she's driving back and forth already."
I told her, first of all, she's not driving, she's being driven, big difference. Secondly, she was in the hospital for 5 days, and probably did the bulk of her preliminary mending there, and thirdly, she did NOT have the same surgery as me... she didn't have ORGANS removed, and her incision is half as long! Plus... of course she needs to be with her baby! Sheesh!
Unread 01-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Latest Rude Comments

I just had to add this technique for dealing with rude comments, like the guy who asked his sister-in-law when she was going to be back in the sack:

We ought to say something like: "That is the rudest comment I think I've ever heard." Or if you don't want to be that direct, something like "You did NOT just say that, did you?"

It turns the question back around on that person, and let's them know in no uncertain terms that it was rude and uncalled for.
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Latest Rude Comments

good idea cindy. I also liked the post i read earlier that perhaps we SHOULD just be totally honest and stand up for ourselves.

Why are we more considerate of others than they are willing to be of us? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm makes a wonder.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register