Morning kitty behavior | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Morning kitty behavior Morning kitty behavior

Unread 01-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Morning kitty behavior

I am curious to hear from all you kitty Moms out there. My cat has some strange morning behavior, and I was wondering if any other cats share this "habit". Each morning, immediately after she does her business in the kitty box, our cat Tai will jump out of the box and immediately tear around the apartment like mad. She has that ears-back, wide eyed, psycho play kitty look. She just wants to play. She will do this regardless if any humans are awake and upright yet. Do any of your cats share the same "ritual"?

Cam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Morning kitty behavior

Of course, it's the kitty crazies!

How long it lasts usually depends on how old the kitten is (younger equals longer). And kitty crazies are usually followed by a nice long nap, curled up on the most comfortable bed in the house.

My "kitten" is almost two years old now and still does it.
Unread 01-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Morning kitty behavior

We have hard wood floor and stairs. It is pretty funny sounding when my two get started. They gallop around, roll, growl and hiss and then settle down for a nap together like nothing ever happened. Yesterday this all took place on the bed with me in it - I sure had that pillow over my incision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Morning kitty behavior

My two cats do the same thing, the are both a year and a half old. They get a little to carried away sometimes, knocking things over. I slept on the sofa one night and in the morning one of them came running into the livingroom trying to escape the other one and launched off my head to jump over the the sofa. If we are in there way while they are playing.....we are fair game. They are so much fun, and very entertaining.
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Morning kitty behavior

I have 4 cats, they all go spastic at times but one who is now 3 years old goes crazy every time he uses his cat box we call him pycho kitty. He runs from one end of the house to the other, jumping over the couch as he goes at least 3 times. Then he chirps at you and runs some more.
Unread 01-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Morning kitty behavior

My cat Dusty chirps. I had never heard a cat do that before. Snickers is very quiet - she just patiently stands by her bowl when she's hungry.

I've had a weary day - very sore, a bit despondent and tired. Dusty just came and settled in by my feet for a nice afternoon bath. That's so soothing, isn't it?
Unread 01-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Morning kitty behavior

Okay, I can beat that!! I have a Maine Coon who will be 10 years old this year who still does that! AND, when she gets a wild hair up her butt, she runs around the house puffed up and growling!! No lie! It is the funniest thing. We just look at each other and say, "ooo, I'm scared"! She scares the other cat when she flashes by them. And we have another 10 year old black cat that does the kitty box thing backwards. Meaning, he all of a sudden just remembers that he has to go to the bathroom and runs down the hallway and jumps in his kitty box. It is so funny. I don't know why he does that, he never has had an accident, it's looks likes "oh yeah, I gotta go!!" Cats are crazy, gotta love them!!
Unread 01-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Morning kitty behavior

When my cats were tiny, and getting into lots of trouble I tried to spray bottle train them. Everytime they were into something I would spray them, turns out ....it was a great game for them, they love water. They will not drink water from their bowl either, it has to be in a glass(cause they think they are part human I`m sure). the littlest one walks around with a small wool ball in her mouth and hides it in hubbys shoes when she done playing with it. It`s so funny, cause when she`s ready to play again she goes right to hubbys shoes and fishes it out. At least she puts her toys away lol.
Unread 01-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Morning kitty behavior

Hi All,

Our "psycho kity will start to growl if he gets something on his whiskers, like ice cream. He will start rubbing himself all over the floor and growling until he gets the offending matter off his whiskers. All four of our cats will only drink mile(Late) out of expresso cups on our kitchen island. They will leave their back feet on the chairs and put their front feet on the island and drink their late. We have 1 picture with all 4 cats lined up at the counter drinking their late. Psycho kitty will also rest his front elbows on the island and listen attentively to all our conversations. They are a real hoot.
Unread 01-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Morning kitty behavior

Yes, all three of my cats get the "crazies" sometimes and run around the house. It seems like an urge that can suddenly overtake them -- any time of the day or night. Like, "Oh my gosh, I just thought of something I had to do in the bedroom and I've got to run over there right away." Then, just as suddenly, they stop and stare out the window or sleep or whatever.

I have one cat, almost 4 years old, who does a strange thing. She has little fabric mice that she plays with. In fact, she can even jump up and catch them in her paws. But, quite often, she puts them in the water bowl, and then into the food bowl. I thought only raccoons washed things. What's this all about ???

Barbara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register