Forgot I had a Hysterectomy! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Forgot I had a Hysterectomy! Forgot I had a Hysterectomy!

Unread 01-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Forgot I had a Hysterectomy!

Had a weird thing happen to me yesterday. Today is my 5 weeks hysterversary! At my parents house yesterday, I momentarily forgot that I had had surgery and leaned over to pick up their Scottish Terrier. He weighs about 25 lbs!
AFTER I picked him up, I remembered, but not because I was hurting... because my mom said "What the heck are you doing?"
I won't do it again, but so far, no adverse effects!

Just wanted to share
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 09:44 AM

TKave,
Isn't that the best feeling? I'm starting to do that all the time now! Last night I finally took down all my get well cards. I no longer feel like a recovering person, I feel like a recovered person!
Christina
Unread 01-11-2005, 10:04 AM
one week ago

I had my surgery one week ago today. I have been feeling pretty good until I sneezed yesterday. Thought I would die. Then it made me laugh...which hurt, too. The ice pack is your friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 10:38 AM

I can't begin to count the number of times I've forgotten that I'm still supposed to be taking it easy lifting things. I've done so well that after the first week it's been really hard to remember that surgery really wasn't that long ago.
Unread 01-11-2005, 10:49 AM

Had to laugh when I saw the subject line- forgetting that we had a hysterectomy. I'm at 10 weeks recovery and on New Year's Eve someone I hadn't seen since before the surgery asked with a very concerned tone "how are you doing?"- I stared at her with this blank look on my face. Could NOT think of why she was asking me that. LOL. Oh, yea, I had a TAH. Silly me

My recovery has been fabulous. I am still really fatigued after work or after an outing on the weekend. If I do too much my left side "stitch" (as I call it- a small place inside that burns) will act up on me. Other than that the freedom from what pain I'd had before (not realizing I was in pain, figured it was all about getting older and having bad periods) is the best part. Also, I can dance down the store aisles of feminine products and just giggle.

I pray for everyone to have the recovery I did. Be good to yourselves and listen to your body when it says "take a nap" just DO IT!

Hugs to everyone,
Nancy
Unread 01-11-2005, 10:58 AM

I am at six weeks and am doing much more now. I still have some soreness due to the fact that I caught a cold and cough around week 3 and it has lingered. I also have bladder spasming.

I am finding though that after a day of doing things, I come home and doze off while doing other things, like playing CLUE with my 8 yr old, talking to my kids, watching TV. I can tell that I still need rest. I am just starting to go back to exercise and that is tiring too. But for the most part I feel much better than before and have forgotten that I used to have periods. That is the nice part. I don't even miss them at all.

Sounds like we are all doing better, little by little.

LOL

Lori
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:41 AM

It's good to hear that so many of us are doing well.
Thanks for posting.
Unread 01-11-2005, 12:35 PM

Hey TKave,
Remember me, we have the same surgery date. Five weeks must be a turning point of some kind. I woke up two mornings ago and got out of bed without holding my bladder incision site!! Discharge almost gone and not very tired.

So happy to hear good news ladies

Big Hugs-Melissa
Unread 01-11-2005, 12:41 PM

I too sometimes forget I had surgery 6 weeks ago. I still want to pickup my poodle, but then remember not to. I really want to sweep the floor though, and don't have the heart to tell DH to do it. He's been pretty good to me throughout all of this and I don't want to complain, but I know I'm supposed to do it too. Does anyone know when we can start sweeping again?

TAH/BSO 11/30/04 Endo stage 3
Unread 01-11-2005, 01:06 PM

Of COurse I remember you Melissa!
Glad to hear that you're doing well, and that your bladder repair isn't giving as many problems as before.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register