Sitting upright an issue for anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sitting upright an issue for anyone? Sitting upright an issue for anyone?

Unread 01-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Sitting upright an issue for anyone?

Hey, Anyone out there have trouble sitting for any length of time. I had an LAVH on 1/4 and I can lay down or walk a mile with no pain but if I sit up for more than 5 minutes I have really bad lower back pain on my right side. Just wondering if this is common because it is the only pain I have at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 11:26 AM

I have the same problem. I am 6 weeks ot and still having problems sitting straight but getting better. I am worried about going back to work in 2 weeks as I have a desk job. I am thinking about asking them to buy me a recliner. It is the best place to sit.
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:34 AM

Thank you for the reply Sunshine_fritz. It is really nice to know someone else is having the same issue. Hope it get's better for you quickly. Maybe we could introduce a new chair design for office supply companies. The ergo hyst chair. Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 11:48 AM

I am also at six weeks and noticing the same thing. If I am semi reclined, I have little or no pain as opposed to sitting straight up or laying flat on my bed. I think that it just gets better with time.

lori
Unread 01-11-2005, 01:02 PM

Hi!!
i'm in the same boat!! I'm 5 weeks post-op. Sitting straight up is not comfortable at all. I sat in church sunday and shifted the whole time!! I can't cross my legs yet either (bikini cut)!! I think it will get better with time.

bb
Unread 01-11-2005, 01:18 PM

Hi,

Sitting puts a lot of pressure on your internal healing tissues and is an activity which should be restricted for short periods of time (20 to 30 minutes or as tolerated). Try reclining, it's a whole lot easier!

s,

Lisa
Unread 01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
So glad I'm not alone!!

I was getting so discouraged! We had to leave church early this past Sunday i was getting sore sitting and I had severe swelly belly. I went to Bible Study this morning and after an hour I had to go. I was mostly tired but also uncomfortable. Those folding chairs were not comfortable normally let alone now.

Lisa, Thanks for your explanation. I didn't realize that, but now I can see where it makes perfect sense.

hang in there Ladies!! It will get better for us. I'm still amazed at what a difference a day or two makes.

Wish you all well.
Unread 01-11-2005, 02:11 PM

wow this post makes me feel better. I think my doctor thinks I'm crazy. I have a desk job and I'm miserable by the end of the day. The sitting is excruciating. I've forcing myself to walk at least once ab hour but it's disruptive to my routine of trying to get my work done.

I wouldn't trade having the hyster though - I still feel better over all then I did before.
Unread 01-11-2005, 02:38 PM

I had TVH and TVT and since I have been back to my desk job after 2 weeks post op....It kills my back to sit in the chair....I have to get up and walk every 30 minutes or so....Standing feels better, but then Dr told me no prolonged standing until 6 week checkup....Cannot win for losing...
Unread 01-14-2005, 07:48 PM

wow--I'm glad I found this thread--same problem (in fact sitting here at the computer is hard). I'm just 4 weeks and going back to work in another week (but I stand a lot there). I got an abdominal support brace from the drugstore--it's fantastic--try it--it might help with the pain. good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register