Granny Underwear - Warning! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granny Underwear - Warning! Granny Underwear - Warning!

Unread 01-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Granny Underwear - Warning!

Oh my - don't make the mistake I did right after I came home from the castle. I sent my DH to a dept store to buy me granny underwear as you all suggested. He had no clue what he was doing and came home with the silliest biggest granny undies - size 10 (I normally wear a 6). He called me from the store to see if I liked flowers or stripes and even asked an innocent bystander for help in the store (must have thought he was a strange one!)

Well, when he came home and whipped them out of the bag I literally had a laughing attack and couldn't stop. I hurt SO SO bad but couldn't stop laughing. I strongly suggest you purchase these for yourself before your surgery to avoid this!!

Happy recovery to all~ Sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 07:54 PM

That is sooooo funny!!

And very good advice -- I definitely concur!!

Unread 01-11-2005, 08:32 PM

that is so funny....Omygosh......I would have put them on and done a fashion show for him...!!!
Poor fella, he tried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2005, 10:25 PM

The poor thing tried!!
He really thought they were for your granny.
Unread 01-12-2005, 07:49 AM

I am glad you all think size 10s are so funny.

Unfortunately, that is the size I wear... and my after surgery ones were size 12s.

We come in all shapes and sizes. My hiney may be bigger than your size 6, but please don't laugh at it.
Unread 01-12-2005, 07:54 AM

Amen.

I'm not normally sensitive to my size, it's never been an issue, because I believe we come in all sizes and shapes.

But what I do find offensive is the term Granny Panties. Some of us for health reasons, elect to wear all cotton underwear. They may not be the sexiest undies in the world, but they do provide a healthy environment therefore preventing vaginitis. Also, cotton just feels better on my sensitive skin.

Oh yes, I do wear a size 12 panty, I'm also almost 5'9 and wear a size 11 shoe. I also wear men's gloves because they fit better and I'm just a large woman all over. My baby is now almost 5'11, has never worn a size 6, and she is not heavy. Just a big woman like her mother.

MissDaisy
Unread 01-12-2005, 07:58 AM

I don't think they are laughing directly at the size but rather how ridiculous that size would be for her. I too wear a bigger size but I thought it was funny too.
I was picturing my DH out at WalMart and bringing home a size 16. That would be pretty funny. Guys really have no idea what are sizes are. But they want us to be as comfortable as possible. I think it is great that our DH's put up with some of the things we ask them to do. I think my DH is just glad that he never again has to go buy tampons!!!!
Unread 01-12-2005, 08:16 AM

Actually I have a wonderful sense of humor. I love watching Red Green and used to watch RCAF when we could pick up the Canadian feeds on the C-Band Satellite dish. I love to laugh and to have fun but the term Granny Panties well...it is derogatory (sp?) to women who choose to wear them. Sometimes we have no choice, manufacturer's choose not to make "sexy" clothing in a set range of body styles and sizes. I'd love to wear a sexy pair of cotton undies. But good luck.

Also, in a way we are degrading our male partners. They are doing the best they can, in a trying situation, and they too need our support not disparaging humor about their alleged inadequacies.

I'm truly thankful for the support and help my husband has given me during my recovery. The first face I saw after surgery was his worried face. I've seen the tender care he has given me by washing clothes, cleaning house and fixing meals while trying to work a full-time job. Bless him!

MissDaisy

MissDaisy
Unread 01-12-2005, 08:43 AM

I actually wear all cotton underwear but I don't term them granny panties. I wear Hanes or Fruit of the Loom and there are lots or types to choose from. I have Hi Cut Briefs, Bikinis, and Thongs. They come in many different colors and lots of designs from flowers to stripes. Hanes has regular and Sport style. So when I picture Granny panties I am picturing the kind that cover from way above the belly button and have no style to them.

I too am thankful of my DH's support. I couldn't ask for anyone more attentive and dear during this whole ordeal. But I am not diparaging him in any way. He really is glad that he doesn't have to buy tampons and pads anymore!!
Unread 01-12-2005, 08:51 AM
"Granny Pannties"

I am in no way close to being a granny! I just had my hyst, and yes from a size 7 to a 10 I went! My cotton large size panties are all I can stand on this stomach right now. As for size and the term granny panties...the hips and rear that some of us are packing will never see the patches of material held by a string they call panties these days, but my man is happy and so am I. A little more to hold onto is what a lot of men want! Besides, it's not the undies he's paying attention to anyway.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register