What was your "funniest" period moment? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What was your "funniest" period moment? What was your "funniest" period moment?

Unread 01-12-2005, 04:15 AM
What was your "funniest" period moment?

I was trying to look on the bright side of this whole mess I have been in for 4 months and thought about this little episode and it made me smile.

I started my period when I was 9 years old. It was horrifying to say the least. We hadn't even seen the movie yet in school!!

Well one morning when I was 10, my mother was in the hospital, so it was just me and my Dad at home. We lived in a 4 room shotgun style apartment. My bedroom was at the end of the apt, then the living room, then my parents room that had the 1 and only bathroom in it, then the kitchen.

I got up out of bed and blood ran down one of my legs. I grabbed a couple Kleenex and wiped it all off and stuffed the Kleenex between my legs, after all, I only had to go 17 ft to make it to the bathroom, where of course my pads were. I thought to myself, maybe Dad is still asleep and I can sneak through, NOT! When I opened the door there he was sitting on the sofa drinking coffee and brother did it rip. Blood poured down both of my legs and the Kleenex fell on the floor. I was mortified!! My precious Dad looked like he had been shot and shyly said to me " Oh my, I think you cut your foot you better go to the bathroom to take care of it." As fast and as unconspicous as I could said "OH Yeah right." Picked up the Kleenex and bolted to the bathroom.

We have never spoken of that event in our lives!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2005, 05:05 AM

Hehehe this should be a good thread.

My funniest story would have to be the first day of my first period at the age of 11 (on my birthday). I was raised by my father and he had his lady friends explain the facts of life that he hadn't been able to put in a way I could understand so at least I knew that I wasn't bleeding to death when everything started. My father and I were having a get together with a few friends as we were about to move to the other side of Australia (from Western Aust. to Victoria) that afternoon. I felt a weird feeling in the nether regions and thought I had better go an investigate...lo and behold...the onset of menses. I have quietly crept out of the bathroom and up to my Dad and whispered in his ear that my first period had started and I needed some sanitary products (we weren't expecting this to happen for a couple more years yet). Now my Dad had had a couple of beers and of course he blurts out "My daughter's a woman" and rather loudly too. Everyone went silent and then my Dad realised what he had said. I had already disappeared back into the bathroom. I heard the car start up as my Dad headed off to the local corner shop. The shop was owned by a lovely couple in their golden years and I had honestly never seen them apart but on this day it turns out that the lady was away from the shop so Dad had to ask the older gentleman for help as he didn't know what to get for me. You can imagine my surprise when I answer the knock on the bathroom door and get handed a FULL shopping bag of every sanitary product I had ever seen stocked in our corner store. It turns out that neither of them had a clue and finally in desperation the shop keeper had said just take one of everything and bring back what she doesn't need. I still manage to get a blush out of my father when I tell that story to people. It doesn't embarrass me anymore I find it hilarious.

Sasha
Unread 01-12-2005, 08:34 AM

It's funny, now, but wasn't at the time.

During one of the times where I was bleeding so heavily that I had to change from a super tampon backed up with an overnight pad every half hour, my male boss (who is a dolt and Yahoo!! I don't work there any more) called me into his office because some of the other ladies ( it was a cliquey kind of a situation-these women all watched too much TV or felt threatened by me-or something!!) had noticed that I was going into the bathroom a LOT.

So...the boss says "Are you sick"? I said "Maybe". He then asked if I was doing drugs!! Well...that really made me angry, so I told him that it might be easier to talk to a woman about this but if he had to know I was having menstrual problems and had to go frequently to refresh my supplies. He turned bright red, so I added "Did you know that the Kotex machine is empty"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2005, 08:41 AM

Hey, Flitty,
I just noticed that you are still anticipating the day. We are all rooting for ya.

I've always wanted to see Australia. Can I come and see you?

The cruelest joke is that those of us who start young seem to go into menopause later. Wah!! I'm 52 and was just starting when I got the hyst.
Unread 01-12-2005, 08:58 AM

This didn't happened to me but to a friend of mine. She had spent months preparing her daughter for the "big event" When it finally happened her daughter was excited, all her worries would soon be over, or so she thought. When her period finally was done, she said to her mom "Boy, I am glad that is over". Her mother then hugged her and said "Oh, honey it will be back next month and every month for a very long time". Her daughter was devistated(sp).

Cherri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register