Does anyone else "buzz" and "twitch", or is it just me??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone else "buzz" and "twitch", or is it just me??? Does anyone else "buzz" and "twitch", or is it just me???

Unread 01-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Does anyone else "buzz" and "twitch", or is it just me???

Hello again! You sisters have been SO helpful and informative! Thank you! I'm 41, vag. hysterectomy, kept ovaries, 7 years ago. Does anyone else notice an "electrical buzzing" like feeling? I have it mostly in my left foot and my right thigh. It isn't constant, but I am wondering if it is hormone related. I just started Premarin 5 days ago, so I am hoping if it is hormone related it will GO AWAY! I have also had muscle twitching-mostly in my legs, but have had them (and kind of spasms) about everywhere else-even in my butt! If this rings a bell with anyone else, please let me know! Thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2005, 07:16 PM

That is so funny. I have been feeling that same thing in my left leg. I'm not on any HRT so I can't say that it has to do with that. I wonder if it has something to do with the anesthesia? Just a thought. It isn't painful, it just feels weird. I keep thinking that something is vibrating the ground or something. By the way I noticed you kept your ovaries. Does Premarin have progestin in it. My Dr. just gave me a 3 month supply of Activella which I haven't started taking yet. In the disclosures it states that it should not be taken by women who have had hysterectomies yet I mentioned this to my Dr. and he says to disregard that. That I should go ahead and take it. But I'm afraid. Thanks for your input in advance.

Margi
Unread 01-12-2005, 08:40 PM

Hello! I had my surgery, so I know my "buzzing" isn't from anesthesia. Premarin does not contain progesterine. I called the gyno's nurse when I read all of the warnings on the Premarin prescription for some reassurance. I asked her about progesterine and she said I didn't need it or I couldn't take it (I can't remember which) because I don't have a uterus. I have been reading on here though that a lot of women take progesterine though. I am confused too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2005, 08:59 PM

Hi Debbi

That buzzing feeling that you have might be from low estrogen. If it continues, you may want to call your doctor about it. Upping your dose might help.

Many of us who have had a hysterectomy do very well with progesterone as part of our hormone therapy. I'm one of them! You will find that many doctors say women without a uterus don't need progesterone but there are also doctors who believe it is essential. I figure since my ovaries made it and they are gone, it's a good idea to replace it.

Generally it is suggested that we balance as much as possible on estrogen first. If there are still symptoms, treat them accordingly, either by increasing or decreasing the estrogen dose or by adding in progesterone and/or testosterone, one at a time.

You can read more about hormones by reading the articles in the Hormone Article List. Find the More Hyster Sisters! drop down menu near the top/right side of the page, click the arrow, scroll down to Hormone Article List, select it, then click Go. It's packed with great information! There's even an article about conjugated estrogens which is the type of estrogen Premarin is.

I hope this helps!

s
Unread 01-14-2005, 06:13 PM

Hi,

I had those same symptoms about a year ago. I had my Hyst 7 months ago so it wasn't because of the hormones. The syptoms I had were very similar to yours......a nervous or spasm like feeling. It made it very difficult to sleep at night. I finally deciced to go to the doctor. He did some blood work and found that I was severely anemic. As soon as I started on my iron....the symptoms went away. I can't believe I waited so long to get it checked out. I also chewed on ice like it was going out of style. Some of you may reach for a cup of coffee in the morning.....not me.....the first thing I wanted was a glass of ice. Ice chewing is also I symptom of anemia. Luckily I didn't damage my teeth. Yikes. We need to learn to listen to our bodies more. If there is something you don't think is quite right.....go get it check out by your doctor. Hope this helps.
Unread 01-15-2005, 04:33 PM

I have the same thing you are describing too. I am on cenestin 0.45 and I use the progesterone cream from walmart as well. I know it is not the best but it does work for me. I had a lot of anxiety and whenenver i feel it coming on, I use some of the progesterone and it helps it within 10-15 minutes! It is definetly a life saver.

I also get muscle jerks where I wake up at night from my whole body just spasming at once..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register